Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 12:46:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  My S2000 updates
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My S2000 updates  (Read 15189 times)
reho33
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 03:37:14 PM »

Not to hijack but have you noticed that with the 598's the credit/rollup is a bit slower?

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 03:40:13 PM »

It rolls up faster on the big wins, havent noticed it on the small wins.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 04:35:34 PM »

I haven't had any problems with it lining up and they are just a tad smaller. Sounds like you need to adjust the meter or you glass. I have a long reel version and a short reel version you can go either way you want Foster.  Also bunker they are the only ones that work with multi denom touch panels which are very nice in my opinion. They have also worked in every game I have put in including s Plus themes. So I would say yes.
-T
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 01:18:45 AM »

Oh I agree with you Morspeed - I really like the touchscreen too.
I will putting back together my machine really soon and I will look into the possible mis-alignment
of my display glass as I'm using the short reel glass-type..
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 03:29:39 AM »

I really want to test a 6 6 3 and touch pad setup.

I just tested a second 1270 MPU and legacy I had I bought it not knowing if they worked or not.
MPU works it has a dead battery and a broken attendant switch
Legacy adapter has a damaged gme 3 or 4 socket but also works.
now to find a switch or add something to it, the button is broke off below the switch housing but still operates.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 04:12:44 AM by Foster » Logged

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 04:57:36 AM »

This tip is for those with the speaker in the tray

When you go to install the tray instead of holding it level and plumb.
Tip the top towards you so the bottom touches the machine first, you will clear the connector that way.

morspeed
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 06:03:28 AM »

I took that connector off and just connect by hand. It never connected right and I always had to mess with it. I actually cut a notch off of the tray just enough so I can slide the MPU board out without removing the tray at all. When I work on the machine or have to key chip it gets annoying to have to remove the tray all the time. yes
-T
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 11:49:35 AM »

I actually cut a notch off of the tray just enough so I can slide the MPU board out without removing the tray at all.
-T

Excellent little mod morspeed!  applause
I really like the little improvements made to our toys!  yes
I wonder if there's room to move the whole MPU tray/cage unit upwards enough to clear the coin tray?
Probably not, but I'll have to take a look at mine later this evening and see what's possible...
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 01:06:36 PM »

I actually cut a notch off of the tray just enough so I can slide the MPU board out without removing the tray at all.
-T

Excellent little mod morspeed!  applause
I really like the little improvements made to our toys!  yes
I wonder if there's room to move the whole MPU tray/cage unit upwards enough to clear the coin tray?
Probably not, but I'll have to take a look at mine later this evening and see what's possible...

NOW THAT'S AN IDEA. applause
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 01:39:04 PM »

Yes it will allow $100000 BV limit. I didnt try any higher since all I still have is a 5 5 2 display
I want a 6 6 3 so bad.

I'll tell you what...I wanted a 6-6-3 "bad" obsessed drool  too and got one last year.
I'm not too, too thrilled about it really...  arrow

Pros:  Nice to display larger numbers for penny amount games.  yes

Cons: The digits are much smaller and a touch little bit offset to the right hand-side.  no

If you're accustomed to the 5-5-2 display - you'll notice this right away  banghead
and it just doesn't look too good unless you use a slightly darker
shade of red plastic over the display.

Since I couldn't find one - so,  idea light bulb I used a piece of light shade of auto-tint plastic/vinyl sheet
behind the red plastic which now looks pretty good.  yes

What I haven't tried when swapping games is whether or not the 6-6-2 display
is backwards-compatible with the 5-5-2 games?  Scratch Head  Scratch Head 2 Scratch Head 3

Cons: The digits are much smaller and a touch little bit offset to the right hand-side

This is because you have the wrong Reel Glass for the 6-6-3 Display, the 6-6-3 uses a different part number Reel Glass and has wider windows, also you will usually have a different color window for the VFD (Pink vs Blue), just another part needed to make it "correct"

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 03:24:37 PM »

Yes it will allow $100000 BV limit. I didnt try any higher since all I still have is a 5 5 2 display
I want a 6 6 3 so bad.

I'll tell you what...I wanted a 6-6-3 "bad" obsessed drool  too and got one last year.
I'm not too, too thrilled about it really...  arrow

Pros:  Nice to display larger numbers for penny amount games.  yes

Cons: The digits are much smaller and a touch little bit offset to the right hand-side.  no

If you're accustomed to the 5-5-2 display - you'll notice this right away  banghead
and it just doesn't look too good unless you use a slightly darker
shade of red plastic over the display.

Since I couldn't find one - so,  idea light bulb I used a piece of light shade of auto-tint plastic/vinyl sheet
behind the red plastic which now looks pretty good.  yes

What I haven't tried when swapping games is whether or not the 6-6-2 display
is backwards-compatible with the 5-5-2 games?  Scratch Head  Scratch Head 2 Scratch Head 3

Cons: The digits are much smaller and a touch little bit offset to the right hand-side

This is because you have the wrong Reel Glass for the 6-6-3 Display, the 6-6-3 uses a different part number Reel Glass and has wider windows, also you will usually have a different color window for the VFD (Pink vs Blue), just another part needed to make it "correct"

What can I say, the man is right.
-T
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 04:29:51 PM »

Okay, good info Blue!  Thank You!
 Pull Hair Now I gotta shop around...  
More stuff to get... rotflmao
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2011, 02:22:55 AM »

I have been trying this for a few days.

I was trying to find blue LED's to fit the S2000 buttons, I know someone on here found them but i cant find the info.

So I did it using the blue insert from a candle.
I think it worked out nice.
The pictures do not do it justice

I also changed the game to Wild Cherry.
I know it will become RW&B for a couple weeks around 4th of July now that would be kit to acquire for the S2000, if they made a Base chip for it.

* IMAG0053.jpg (457.29 KB, 3264x1952 - viewed 261 times.)

* IMAG0055.jpg (415.72 KB, 3264x1952 - viewed 254 times.)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:14:28 AM by Foster » Logged

reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 04:27:58 AM »

Great pics and great idea K+

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 33

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 10:46:06 AM »

I have been trying this for a few days.

I was trying to find blue LED's to fit the S2000 buttons, I know someone on here found them but i cant find the info.

Superbrite has the blue LEDs

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fmini-wedge.html

The candle looks great, I did the same thing to one of my S2000 machines a while back to get a green "change denom" button

Someone has to be stupid enough to run into a burning building when everyone else is running out !!
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 01:11:55 PM »

Thanks for posting cruisepl . I got some bulbs from them before but I lost their site.
Ford  +1 (Karma, or whatever)
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 01:32:15 PM »

5.00 for one bulb? Surely you can find them cheaper than that.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 02:53:13 AM »

I Bunkerized my Wild Cherry strips

They are either S+ or Vision Strips Not sure which since they normally have a gray back and can be back lit but you see light through the white areas as well.

So I decided a Sharpie  and a Magnum marker would make them more like S2000 back lit strips.
They turned out nice.

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2011, 04:26:07 AM »

A couple of thing I have done to the machine lately

Topper: I got tired of it tilting back at the top with the current mount
Installed the original bracket that comes with the topper (still looking for machine half of the mount)
Bought a 4"x4"x2" clear box from Container Store drilled and painted it flat black so it can hide the wires and the mounting system
Looks better than electrical tape wrapped around the topper bracket.

Moved the printer from top box into main cabinet, didn't even have to remove the award glass - FutureLogic Gen2 Printer
I had to break off the cabinet optic mount and change the cherry switch mount, I had the right bracket to place it just below the printer

The printer mount is attached to the right side and PS to back wall with VHB Tape.

My machine will not move around on the stand so any bumping will not affect the power supply or printer, I bolted it down a few months back.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 05:54:20 AM by Foster » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.