Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:28:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  coin-in timeout igt poker
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: coin-in timeout igt poker  (Read 9565 times)
letargo70
« on: November 24, 2010, 11:15:06 PM »

hello, I have a problem can you help me out?
closing the door ... the message remains
I replaced the motherboard with another poker igt but the problem persists
how can I do? enclose the self test screen
thank you all for your help, I do not know what to do ... the machine before it worked properly!
sorry for my bad English ... I live in Italy

* P1000112.JPG (145.38 KB, 640x480 - viewed 316 times.)

* P1000113.JPG (141.36 KB, 640x480 - viewed 290 times.)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 02:31:23 AM »

Not familiar with that game, but maybe this post will help.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=5330.0
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 04:47:42 AM »

I noticed  that coin A (optic 1) is reading 1 while the other two are reading 0 on your input test screen.

I would expect all three to either read as open or closed with no coin passing through the optics. I could be wrong, but it is likely that either the first optic (A) is faulty, or that optics B and C are faulty.

I'm not familiar with the Fortune I so I don't know which state is normal when the optics are open, but having two states displayed between the three optics with none occluded suggests an error.

I would try dropping a coin through the optics with the input test screen displayed. Check to see if all three change their state as the coin passes through. I would expect to see either A be unresponsive, or B and C.

Just my 2¢

Stat garfield

Quote from: Google translator
Ho notato che la moneta A (ottica 1) sta leggendo 1, mentre gli altri due stanno leggendo 0 sullo schermo del test di ingresso.

Mi aspetto che tutti e tre da leggere sia come aperto o chiuso con nessuna moneta passa attraverso l'ottica. Potrei sbagliarmi, ma è probabile che sia la prima ottica (A) è difettosa, o che l'ottica B e C sono difettose.

Io non sono a conoscenza della fortuna io così non so quale stato è normale quando le ottiche sono aperte, ma avere due stati visualizzati tra le tre ottiche con nessuno occlusa suggerisce un errore.

Vorrei provare a far cadere una moneta attraverso l'ottica con la schermata di test di ingresso visualizzato. Verificare se tutti cambiare tre loro stato come la moneta passa attraverso. Mi aspetto di vedere o A non rispondere, o B e C.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 04:59:04 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 07:03:27 AM »

You're correct on the optics situation, StatFreak.  It's a PE+ (or maybe a PE), though, not a Fortune 1.   propeller

letargo70: Check for broken wires leading to the coin comparator and the coin optics located directly below the coin comparator.  Either you have broken wires, or the coin in optics board is faulty and needs to be replaced.  Start by checking the wiring.  If you have replacement coin-in parts available, try replacing the coin in optics.  If the error continues, there is a problem with the wires leading to the optics.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
letargo70
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 03:12:27 PM »

Thanks to all for the help you are giving me :-)

when I insert the coin, the self test indicates:

0 coin A
0 coin B
0 coin C

the coin compartitor working properly
optics instead remains at 0

I disassembled the lens and I lit a lighter to flash

the self test indicates

1 coin A
1 coin B
1 coin C

so I suppose that the optical functions

as a control wiring?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 03:44:04 PM »

If you got the Test to show a [1] with a cigarette lighter - that's amazing by itself!  Hail
That means a few possible things:

1) The receiver optics are working. (Your lighter test proved that.)
2) The emitter optics are not working and sending out signals to the receiver optics?
3) There's a bad connection with the emitter optics in the wiring?
4) An IC component on the MPU board for the emitter signals is not working?

Look for a bad trace on the emitter optics board.
Re-check the harness and wiring for continuity.
Check all 3 emitter optics for continuity - may be burned out?
Swap MPU and coin-in optic boards.
letargo70
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 04:58:47 PM »

coin-in optics there 'a little key white .. if you press it, nothing happens .. what is it?
letargo70
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 05:17:59 PM »

If you got the Test to show a [1] with a cigarette lighter - that's amazing by itself!  Hail
That means a few possible things:

1) The receiver optics are working. (Your lighter test proved that.)
2) The emitter optics are not working and sending out signals to the receiver optics?
3) There's a bad connection with the emitter optics in the wiring?
4) An IC component on the MPU board for the emitter signals is not working?

Look for a bad trace on the emitter optics board.
Re-check the harness and wiring for continuity.
Check all 3 emitter optics for continuity - may be burned out?
Swap MPU and coin-in optic boards.

what is  An IC component on the MPU board?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 06:05:57 PM »

coin-in optics there 'a little key white .. if you press it, nothing happens .. what is it?

That pretty much means your coin-in optics are shot.
Time to get a new one.
poppo

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 06:32:30 PM »

what is  An IC component on the MPU board?

A component on the main board, but you said you already swpped that out in your first post.
letargo70
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 06:54:34 PM »

I replaced the card with 'other works but the error persists, then I assume that is not the motherboard! but where the error is logged? tab if it had been when I replaced is gone! some ideas ?
poppo

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 07:18:34 PM »

I replaced the card with 'other works but the error persists, then I assume that is not the motherboard! but where the error is logged? tab if it had been when I replaced is gone! some ideas ?

Since you ruled out the MPU (main board) and a few other things, I would suggest as others have, to first carefully check all of the wiring. All it takes is one broken wire to cause problems. and the wire may look connected, but it may only be the insulation holding it in place. I usually 'gently' pull on each wire. Iv one stats to stretch, it is probably broken under the insulation. Concentrate on the wiring going to the optics board.

Again, I'm not familiar with this particular machine, but the same troubleshooting steps would apply.

BTW, was the game working before? If so, what if anything did you do before it stoped working?
letargo70
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 08:08:59 PM »

I was playing, then turned off the machine by unplugging it after a while 'I turned back on .. and has appeared involved in timeou
poppo

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 08:15:53 PM »

I was playing, then turned off the machine by unplugging it after a while 'I turned back on .. and has appeared involved in timeou

While not definitive, it does somewhat rule out broken by wires being moved around (like if you were opening and closing the door before it quit working). So most likely some component failed when it was powered back up. Others seem to think it's in the optics emitter.
letargo70
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 08:24:23 PM »

in another forum someone said to replace the transistor in the middle of the board:

2N3904

You know something !?!?
letargo70
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 07:50:20 AM »

I solved it! I replaced the lens and now it works !!!!! thanks to everyone for the help!
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 09:28:01 AM »

Clap Clap Clap

Dancing Party

Congratulations

Glad you got your game working again!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.