Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:16:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Help - can't change hopper and other limits
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help - can't change hopper and other limits  (Read 4677 times)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« on: December 01, 2010, 07:23:43 PM »

This a Double Diamond Deluxe game set using a SS4245 and a SP1271.

1. The PSR for the SP1271 says pages 7-1 to 7-3 set the hopper limit, lower jackpot limit and credit limit. When I go to those pages, 1000 is displayed, but none of the numbers are flashing and none of the buttons have any effect. What am I doing wrong?

BTW, BV is enabled as well as denomination ($.25).
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 07:39:36 PM »

Turn the reset key to enable the "cursor" - which will be a flashing number.
Each time you turn the reset key - the "cursor" will move from right-to-left.
Then press the "SPIN" button to change the number. >>>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/W8VChQSsqO4&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/W8VChQSsqO4&rel=0</a>
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 07:51:56 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
poppo

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 07:51:13 PM »

Turn the reset key to enable the "cursor" - which will be a flashing number.
Each time you turn the reset key - the "cursor" will move.
Then press the "SPIN" button to change the number.

No, that did not work either. But I found the problem (I guess). Apparently jackpot to credit needs to be enabled first and in order for that to be enabled, you have to turn on 'MISER' mode with the SET chip. Once I did that, I was able to change the jackpot to credits and the limit amounts. Now I remember why I wanted to do the MPU and eeprom swap. arrow  Besides for all of the settings that need to be turned on with the SET, the SP1271 works different than the SP873 as far as what buttons do what when changing setting.

If that was not the way to do it, then I am stumped because jackpot to credit was not 'enabled' (i.e. the spin button was not lit) and no buttons nor the reset key had any affect on the limits.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 07:58:43 PM by poppo » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 07:55:01 PM »

Oh...I was only going by what you said: >>>

"...none of the buttons have any effect. What am I doing ...."  rotflmao

You didn't say you tried the reset key.  arrow
poppo

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 08:02:18 PM »

Oh...I was only going by what you said: >>>

"...none of the buttons have any effect. What am I doing ...."  rotflmao

You didn't say you tried the reset key.  arrow

True. yes But none of the digits were flashing, so I knew that I would not be able to change them (but I did try the key anyway). When it's working right, even before using the reset key, the last digit is flashing and the spin button is lit. I had nothing.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 09:29:01 PM »

As a general reminder, too, there must be zero credits on the machine to make changes like this.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 10:06:38 PM »

As a general reminder, too, there must be zero credits on the machine to make changes like this.

hmmm.... Good point. I knew that, but to be honest, I don't recall if it had any when I tried. I don;t think it did, but it may have had a few. It would help to know it the jackpot to credit option actually needed to be enabled. I would have wanted it set that way anyway, but just curiuous if that was what was stopping me from changing the limits.
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 10:17:56 PM »

It may have been the issue -- I've never had to enable jackpot to credit on any of my S+ machines to change limits.  I've forgotten more than once, too, to clear out credits before trying to change settings.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 12:56:37 AM »

I think you're right knagl...if there was credits on it -
the option would have been "locked out" so to speak.

When screwing uh...tinkering around, I forget that I have credits on it sometimes...
Hey! I'm only human!  rotflmao
poppo

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 01:05:45 AM »

The more I think about it, the more I think you may be right. I had just gotten done getting the BV enabled and know I ran a few bills through it. I thought I had played them out though. But maybe not. Oddly though, I don't remember playing any credits between then and when I got it working. I do know that I somehow cleared credits on my Haywire when messing with a SET chip. I think I had changed denominations and it cleared the credits. So maybe while I was messing around with jackpot to credits, it somehow cleared them.  Scratch Head
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 09:32:51 AM »

You shouldn't have had to enable jackpot to credits to change the group 7 values, so it sounds like you did have credits the first time out. Using a SET chip would clear your credits. If you're planning to use the jackpot to credits option, you'll need to install a second jackpot reset switch.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
poppo

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 12:00:56 PM »

You shouldn't have had to enable jackpot to credits to change the group 7 values, so it sounds like you did have credits the first time out. Using a SET chip would clear your credits. If you're planning to use the jackpot to credits option, you'll need to install a second jackpot reset switch.

Yeah, that is sounding like what happened. I probably had a credit left after running a bill though the BV to test it and playing one bet max. Then when i could not change the limit values, I thought it might be related to the jackpot to credit setting. But I could not change that either because the PSR said that MISER had to be turned on to enable jackpot to credit, and that required the SET chip again. So using the SET chip must have cleared any credits and made it look like it had fixed the problem. I guess I'll go back in again and turn off MISER and jackpot to credit. I didn't know about the second key thing. I have not played around with changing settings for a couple of years, so it's like doing it for the first time again.

It's easy to get frustrated and start missing things. Like when I first went to enable the BV (using a SET090) the setting would not stick. I then tried a SET026 which did work, but the BV light still would not turn on or accept bills. The self test page showed it enabled. I put the SET090 back in and it was back to being disabled. arrow It took me a while to figure out that I had not set a denomination. Once I did that, the settings stayed. But I was getting irritated and not paying attention to detail (like the credits).  Duh!

<edit> I went back with a clear head and put things back the way they were and after making sure there were no credits, I was indeed able to change the limits. I had forgotten to set the BV limit, so I needed to go back in anyway. Thanks again to all for getting me back on track.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 01:13:46 PM by poppo » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.