Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:13:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S+ bill validator
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ bill validator  (Read 7391 times)
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« on: December 05, 2010, 05:09:43 PM »

I have two S+ machines that I can't get the bill validators to work, they work in my other machines.  They are both set to 9-1 and I have tried to alternate between 22 and 23 settings.  I have also put in transports with bill validators that work in other machines and they still do not work in these machines.  Anyone have a suggestion on what to try next?
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 06:35:34 PM »

Did you set a denomination? I had a problem with one being enabled but not working because I forgot to set the denomination. But that was after a eeprom change, and I don't know if it normally retains that info or not, but once I set it, it worked fine.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 07:03:00 PM by poppo » Logged
slots4home
Slots 4 Home
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 352

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 06:58:53 PM »

are the boards 16 mg.?
if they are sometimes you have to do a clear sometimes twice and re program.
Darell

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 07:04:36 PM »

I second the denomination question.

Also, were there ever working bill validators in these machines?

My first S+ came from Missouri -- they had chopped one of the wires in the validator harness to add a lock-out device (Missouri had a loss-limit law and there had to be an interface with the slot club system to enable to bill validator if the patron hadn't yet hit the loss limit).  I had to splce the wires back together to get mine to work.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 09:31:10 PM »

A few Questions?  did bill acceptors ever work in these machines?  the bill acceptor is  a separate unit unto itself, meaning the rest of your machine could operate just fine and the bill acceptor will not function.  the transport and head are only one piece of the pie. the power supply mounted to the side is another, the cash can is another, the cable harness on the insert is another, the harness that relay's the info and power from the mother board is another, and the mother board is another. and there is the software that will enable the validator.  What happens when you power the machine?  does the acceptor run through its normal power up routine, are the red lamps visible on the right side?  what happens when you run input test # 27  ?  what games does these acceptors work in and which games won't they run in?  are these 200, 145, or wba's?

just looking for some info so we can help you with your problem.

Jim   

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 11:52:12 PM »

Here are some answers:

The boards are all 10 mg
coin denominations are set correctly
the machines were set up with the bill validators
on 2 of the machines the bill validators worked intermittantly
no wires appear to be broken
the bill accepters appear to run thru a normal startup cycle when the machine is turned on
I will check for the red light in the morning
I don't really know how to perform input test # 27
all BV heads are 200 series
The games for these machines are:
  Wild Cherry
  5X Pay
  Triple Cash
poppo

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 12:19:29 AM »

on 2 of the machines the bill validators worked intermittantly

What do you mean by intermittently? During the same session or what? Is the BV credit limit maybe set really low and it is disabled after the credit limit exceeds that value?
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 12:32:01 AM »

Sometimes the yellow light on the BV would come on and take bills other times the light would be on and it would not take bills, now the yellow bv light does not come on at all.
poppo

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 12:35:35 AM »

...other times the light would be on and it would not take bills, .....

If it's a know good transport and head, then it sounds like a wiring problem somewhere.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 01:08:55 AM by poppo » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 12:45:04 AM »

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4226.msg8620#msg8620

Time to revisit the big chested Gal.   Golly I love that thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wonder why??    Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me!

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 01:16:05 AM »

Do a clear and setup again, fixed mine in the long run after a few dozen posts.  applause

And Buzz...she looks better in her Bikini top Crazy Crazy
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 03:04:38 AM »

Do these have the vented power supplies (needed for the DBV-200), or the non-vented DBV-145 power supplies?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 11:01:27 AM »

The power supplies are all vented.  I'll try the clear chip.  Could a bad power supply cause this problem?
poppo

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 11:45:41 AM »

Could a bad power supply cause this problem?

Possibly. It's easy enough to pop another one in one of those machines. If it is the power supplies this might help.
http://cgi.ebay.com/5-JCM-DBV-200-HEAD-BILL-ACCEPTOR-POWER-SUPPLIES-/370458333201?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5641099011
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 12:16:03 PM »

the power supply could cause this, the power supply actually serves a dual purpose, it provides power to the 200 head, and it has the interface circuity that talks to the cpu board. the red lites on the 200 head are on the left side of the unit.  typically when the yellow lamps are out it means the bill acceptor is disabled for some reason. test #27, get into the test mode(press white button) until you see 10_1 in the winners paid window. depending on the SP chip you have, advance the number to #27. this will enable the bill acceptor,turn on the yellow lamps, and allow you to insert a bill into the acceptor, it will hold the bill for a few seconds and then return it. this is a great test for the acceptor and associated circuits. it allows you to check the lamps, wiggle any cables for intermittent operation etc. with the door open.
common problems with the 200 head was with the connector on the  right side. if you wiggle it and the red lites go on and off then you have cold solder joints on that connector. the 200 head has two distinct cycles when it is powered up, first is the cash can reset, second is the motors in the 200 head itself, listen to them on a know good one and you will hear the difference. another common problem for intermittent operation was the plug on the left side ,front ,this plug tells the unit the condition of the cash can optics, it gets hit all the time when opening and closing the door. 99% of the protectors have been removed.

Jim     

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.