Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:12:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  How to turn off quick change setting in a s+
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to turn off quick change setting in a s+  (Read 4899 times)
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« on: December 15, 2010, 04:09:02 PM »

Hi,thanks for the help in advance once again!!  When I put a Bill in my s+ it spits out quarters right away,if I forget to light up the cash/credit button.Is there a setting I can change so it doesn't do that? I want it to payout when I hit the button,but I want it to credit the machine when I put the bill in without having to hit the cash/credit button.Thanks again for all the help you guys give us beginners in slot tinkering!
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 04:48:36 PM »

Depending on SP chip, you need to get to page 0 option 8. It should be set to 1 (convert bills to credits). With most of the newer SP chips you turn the reset key (after pressing the self test button to get to page 0) to cycle through the page 0 options. If you can't figure it out, post the SP chip number so we can get you the right steps.
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 05:09:56 PM »

I hit the self test button and keyed the machine and a zero is in the credit window. How do I page thru to the options?   Thanks
poppo

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 05:17:20 PM »

I hit the self test button and keyed the machine and a zero is in the credit window. How do I page thru to the options?   Thanks

Assuming you have a newer SP, press it one more time. You should get a 0 in the coins played window. Then turn the reset key until you get a 8 in the win meter and probably a 0 or maybe a 2 in the credit meter. Press the spin reels button to change it to 1. Then press the self test again, just to make sure it gets saved. You can then turn the machine off and back on and all should be well.
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 05:34:31 PM »

I pressed self test twice,I get a 0 in the coins played and a 00 in the winner paid window,toggle the key until a 08 showes up in the winner paid window,hit spin reels and the 0 in the winner paid window starts flashing, hit the spin reels again the 8 starts flashing? do I need the ram clear or demonation chip in? thanks
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 05:38:02 PM »

Or does it matter if there is credits on the machine?
poppo

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 05:45:17 PM »

Or does it matter if there is credits on the machine?

Yep. need to clear them first. Also make sure you still have a 0 in the coins played window when you get the 8 in the win meter window or you will be in the wrong place. The spin button light should be lit and the there should already be a 0 or 2 in the credit meter window.
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 06:00:25 PM »

I cleared the credits and same thing hit the test button twice,keyed until 08 is showing in the winner paid, hit the spin reels and the 0 in the winner paid window starts blinking. there is a 0 in the coins played window
poppo

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 06:09:07 PM »

I
I cleared the credits and same thing hit the test button twice,keyed until 08 is showing in the winner paid, hit the spin reels and the 0 in the winner paid window starts blinking. there is a 0 in the coins played window

We really need to know what SP chip you have. Some SPs require certain DIP switch settings. The SP873 for example needs DIP switch 4 to be off to be able to change that option. And the buttons work a little different as to what they do.

Maybe someone else can chime in that has all of these settings memorized. In any case you should not need to use the clear or set chip as long as the BV is already enabled.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 06:38:38 PM by poppo » Logged
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 06:17:43 PM »

Ok,thanks for all your time helping try to figure this out.My SP chip is 731 thanks again.
poppo

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 06:22:28 PM »

Try the directions in this post. Looks like he has the same SP. The older ones did things a little different.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=8081.0
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 06:23:48 PM »

Maybe this will help

* SP731[1].pdf (407.47 KB - downloaded 163 times.)

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 06:26:40 PM »

Man, you guys are fast on the draw today.

About all I can add is, please do yourself a favor and put your RAM clear chip in a safe place, but never use it unless directed to do so here.  It is very, very rare that you need to use that chip on your S+ machine, and generally using it causes more harm than good as you lose all of your settings (including whether your machine holds credits or not).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.