Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 10:26:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  WMS WILLIAMS. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Just Getting Started - Video Slots - WMS
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just Getting Started - Video Slots - WMS  (Read 7863 times)
The_Pfef
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: -2

« on: December 21, 2010, 11:32:07 PM »

I am new to the Forum and home slots.
I am looking to purchase a video slot machine for the first time.
The wife loves WMS Super Jackpot Party, Gold Fish and Reel em In.
Where can I buy one of these machines?
If I buy a Super Jackpot Party, can I buy ROMS for Gold Fish and Reel em In?
I believe these are all Bluebird machines. Is there some list that shows what games run on each hardware platform?

I have experience with MAME and arcade emulators but have no experience with slot machine hardware software.

Thanks for getting me started in this new hobby. I need the help!!!!!
The_Pfef
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: -2

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 02:41:44 AM »

I am new to the Forum and home slots.
I am looking to purchase a video slot machine for the first time.
The wife loves WMS Super Jackpot Party, Gold Fish and Reel em In.
Where can I buy one of these machines?
If I buy a Super Jackpot Party, can I buy ROMS for Gold Fish and Reel em In?
I believe these are all Bluebird machines. Is there some list that shows what games run on each hardware platform?

I have experience with MAME and arcade emulators but have no experience with slot machine hardware software.

Thanks for getting me started in this new hobby. I need the help!!!!!
tacman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 10:13:39 AM »

Welcome to the forum!  applause You are looking for one of the most popular but pricey platforms out there. I would recommend sending NLG member, Slotmaster a Pm or email with your request. Good luck!

Dan (tacman)

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 05:58:42 PM »

Welcome to the site!

Depending on the platform you buy, yes, you can purchase additional ROMS or Compact Flash cards and glass kits to change game themes.  Be aware that a WMS Bluebird machine is going to be big bucks!  I don't know what your budget is, but I don't think I'm out of line to say that you're going to have to spend at least $4,000 to get your hands on one.  Hopefully someone else can chime in and give a more accurate number.

If that number doesn't scare you away from that platform, try contacting some of the vendors who have ads at the top of the page to see if they have any in stock or can get you one.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 10:47:11 PM »

picked up a slant  top  williams $$ to burn today  no ticket or dbv on coins i paid 750  good deal or not  i know nothing about them  also how hard is it to change games i got a year or so ago
thanks
steve
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 11:33:07 PM »

IMHO that's a very good price
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 11:36:33 PM »

thanks   wife will get off my back now i sold 13 games in last 2 weeks bought 21 ,i,m not making any room
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 03:26:48 PM »

picked up a slant  top  williams $$ to burn today  no ticket or dbv on coins i paid 750  good deal or not  i know nothing about them  also how hard is it to change games i got a year or so ago
thanks
steve

Is it upgraded to CPUNXT or does it use the legacy system?  (If the software is on CF cards, you have NXT and an unbelievable deal.  If they game uses 2 boards and eproms, you got a good deal).  If you are using Legacy, the game change is pretty simple.  Remove all chips from the 1.5 board (can be anywhere from 4 to 8 chips labeled XU2,XU3,XU4,XU5,XU17,XU18,XU30,XU31), you put all the new game chips in, except XU3.  Put a clear chip instead of XU3, run the clear procedure and when you are done with that, then you put the XU3 chip from the new game set and you are set to go.

If you have NXT.  Remove both CF cards.  Put in clear card, run the clear procedure.  Then populate both CF cards and boot up and run the setup procedure.  On a upright, the OS card goes on the left, and the Game card goes on the right.  On a slantop I'm not sure, but basically the OS card goes on the side that has the cpu with the heatsink/fan.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 06:51:19 PM »

mine has the chips which i would think should make getting new games cheaper  but limited also , im still happy  with my price just wish it was a upright
Railroad94
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 09:13:34 PM »

With the 30-40 games you can play on the legacy platform,your next purchase might be a eprom programmer. so you can back-up your new game sets in case one prom gets corrupted or you break a leg off the original chip.
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 07:48:48 PM »

What ^^^^^ said.  If you have the legacy platform (Eprom based games), a burner is a must.  yes yes yes

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
golflover
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 08:42:14 PM »

Yes check out MCMall. They have great programmers..Even I couldn;t screw them up  Silly Me! Cry Laughing And heck knows I tried.. Ask bunker and Stat... Crazy  they are a life saver though and helped me fix my gamemaker when i locked up the jurisdiction...  yes
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 09:04:30 PM »

yes might  be time to buy a new burner the one we have wife got me in the mid 80,s when we ran pokers and  pit boss games , it paid for it self a few times, what brand and model is best? also on simm burner
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.