Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 07:06:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Universal Tom Sawyer's Nickles
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Universal Tom Sawyer's Nickles  (Read 5882 times)
kevboy
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: January 10, 2011, 08:33:34 PM »

Greetings to all forum members. I recently bought this slot called Tom Sawyers Nickles and so far my family is really enjoying it! I have only two small problems with this machine. I get an error code 22 along with tilt occasionly. I don't know if it from putting the coins in too fast or some other problem. This is easily fixed by the reset button, no big deal, I just hate to open the machine when I'm on a roll. ha ha  The second thing is sometimes the handle doesn't work, meaning you don't hear the solenoid click to activate the handle. Also no big deal as the spin button always works. overall this machine is in great shape and have no other problems. I haven't had the board out yet but did do the self test #9. These are the numbers that came up 99211,90001,99212,90004,91200.  I am grateful for any answers to these issues. This forum is great for newbies like myself who have never had a slot before. I am amazed at the knowledge that you people have. Maybe in the future I will be able to contribute as well. thanks, Kevboy

* IMG_2982.JPG (265.4 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 248 times.)

* IMG_2988.JPG (274.63 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 281 times.)
kevboy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 08:42:06 PM »

1 more pic, also I would appreciate any ideas on getting a manual for this machine. I have seeen some on ebay but I'm not sure what year this machine is so I don't want to buy until I"m sure. Kevboy

* IMG_2990.JPG (248.79 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 277 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 11:10:39 PM »

Welcome to NLG, Kevboy.

NLG Welcome

I remember seeing this machine recently on Craigslist in the Twin Cities area -- are you a fellow Minnesotan?

Uninman is the resident Universal expert, and I'm sure he (or another knowledgeable member) will be along this thread soon to give you help.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
uniman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 11:17:49 PM »

Welcome to NLG, Kevboy. Let me look into my crystal ball, let's see, it says you are from Minnesota. Am I right? (Knagl beat me to it!)
Actually another member here posted that machine seen on Craigslist in Minn.
Thanks for posting pics, always helps!! And nice machine!
That is a custom theme I believe. The following games use the same game chip; Double Thunder, Double Jackpot time, 50,000 Reasons, Double Gold, Captains Quarters.
Your chip has the worst payback percentage available at 82.266%. Now this is over millions of spins.
The reason you have error 22 is because the machine has a mechanical coin comparitor you will get that error everytime you put five coins in that three coin game. It will take four and count the forth coin to the next game, but five is too many. You need a CC-16D 24v non-inhibit comparitor and a harness to connect it. Finding the comparitor is not hard, but the harness may be.
If your handy you could make your own. There should be a small three wire connector in the center of the door wiring with  Blue/Black/Violet wires. The black and violet wire are connected to the CC-16. Black at the bottom and Violet third from bottom.

Jim
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 11:34:53 PM »

To elaborate on the electronic comparitor CC-16D. The mpu board will cut the power to the CC-16 when three coins are entered and the comparitor will divert the extra inserted coins back to the tray. So no error 22's.
With Universals there is no way to load credits beyond the game limit.

Jim
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 11:45:03 PM »

Let me look into my crystal ball, let's see, it says you are from Minnesota. Am I right? (Knagl beat me to it!)

Aah, sorry for pulling the curtain back on the magician.  Crazy

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
kevboy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 11:58:20 PM »

Knagl and uniman, Thanks so much for the quick replies. Yes I am from MN. and yes it is cold here. Thats why we stay inside and play with these toys in the winter. Uniman I will look for a cc-16d comparitor and try it as per your help, doesn,t sound too difficult even for this old telephone man. I will look for that 3 wire connector later. Just  the black wire and the violet are used and disregard the blue.. correct. Thanks again you guys I really appreciate the help. Kevboy
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 12:53:30 AM »

Kevboy, take your comparitor out and make sure there is no coil mounted behind it. Pretty sure there isn't, but these mechanical comparitors do use a coil in some machines, like the Universal poker machine.
Attached is a pic of my CC-16D with a dollar token in it. Circled in red is the three wire connector. The black connects to a black wire and the violet connects to a yellow wire. And on the lower left of the comparitor you can see the black and yellow wire.

Jim

* cc-16D.jpg (48.06 KB, 640x480 - viewed 219 times.)
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 01:17:19 AM »

And one more tidbit of info. The CC-16D had taken several different revisions over the years. The Uni manual talks about the early models. They could be wired for 12v, 24v, or 50v.
The more recent models have a specific 12v model (two green wires to the coil) and a 24v model (two gray wires to the coil).
And Universal supplies 36v dc to the comparitor. Early Uni machines had a resistor, I believe 330 ohm?, to drop the voltage. Newer Uni's didn't have the resistor. Mine doesn't and works just fine with the 24v comparitor.
Hope that helps!
kevboy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 01:55:23 AM »

Uniman, thanks for the info. I found the 3 wire connector hidden behind the mechanical cc.they had it tucked neatl behind to make it more difficult to find i guess. There is no coil mounted behind it. Looking at your photo it seems you ran yellow and  black  jumpers from the. appropriate pins on the cc-16d to the 3 wire connector. Do you have a preferred supplier for the new cc or to search the internet for them? thanks kevboy
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 02:03:42 AM »

I haven't purchased a comparitor in some time, but we have several vendors at the top of the page like BlueRidge and Lemans, etc.
One of them should have what your looking for.
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 37

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 11:53:06 PM »

Welcome Kevboy to NLG.
  I just thought I'd put in my 2cents. I have a Universal machine that I am parting out & I might have the comparitor you need. Is your machine a Universal Ultra model? I have several parts, no BV, cpu board or belly glass, but everything else in between. Let me know if I can be of assistance for your part needs. And again, welcome aboard applause applause
kevboy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 03:53:35 PM »

89chevyman, Thanks to the NLGers I did replace my mechanical coin acceptor with a coin comparitor. Works like a charm, no more tilt code. This machine is not an ultra model so I don,t think there is anything from you I can use unless the optics for the coin in or the handle optics are the same. Mine are the gray optic #U-97p for coin in and U-87p for the handle. One of the handle optics was cracked and wobbly, I epoxyed it back together and it is holding fine for now but I could use a spare for each of these. I know (thanks to uniman) that the bottom optic under the comparitor can be used as a spare but a few extras can,t hurt. Thanks for thinking of me about your parts, I"m learning that Universal parts aren" t as available as some of the machines out there.  Kevboy
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 37

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 05:50:24 PM »

Great to hear your machine is up and running applause applause applause. I'll take a look at my handle optics and get back with you. Glad the guys here could help Clap Clap Clap. Only just learning myself, but it is fun (and addictive). I started off with one machine, got another one, went out to the garage a week later and now I have 10 Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head My wife keeps asking how that happens, I guess they reproduce quickly???? bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing Have a good day stay in touch with us and if you're here now, you'll be needing more help when the new arrivals show up!!!! rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Chris
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 10:22:11 PM »

The older Uni's use the U-87P for handle optics and the U-97P for coin-in. The U-97P is bigger and not designed for the handle. The Ultra's do have the bigger U-97P (one) for counting coins to the drop box. The Ultra handle optics are totally different than the older Uni handle optics.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.