Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 08:02:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally slot E-2240-73
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally slot E-2240-73  (Read 4253 times)
joegalicic
« on: January 13, 2011, 02:47:23 PM »

Hello everyone im new to the slot machine world and i just bought this Bally slot E-2240-73, but first let me say hello to everyone on this forum and im happy to be a new member.So back to the new slot i paid 150 for it, it is complete and in very nice shape although it will need some work it turns on and lights up great but gives a reel error code 41 1 and shows tilt. I took the reel Assembly out and wow all the levers in there were froze up i had to break every thing free took like 2 hours lol.In doing so i realized that the three part that look like spools of wire with a hole in the center( part # JA-30-2000) were falling apart so i need to get some new ones of those,Any pointers that you could give would be great.Im looking to restore this machine and hopefully sell it to a good home.

Thank you all
Joe Galicic
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 11:00:47 PM »

Hello Joe and welcome to New Life Games Forum. The code 41 is for the reel reader board on the first reel is not working correctly. It is mounted on the right side of each reel assembly. I have attached a pic of what the look like. As for your other problem,  Please Post Pictures. I might have the parts your looking for, but if I don't Foxsslots should have them.

* real readers.JPG (568.28 KB, 1800x1200 - viewed 281 times.)

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
joegalicic
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 12:26:47 AM »

this is the part that was torn apart that i need 3 new ones, the reel readers are there and they look like there in fine shape but they could be bad without being able to see it, is that right.I got reel 2 to spin and then it gave and error code 71

* PICT0090.JPG (911.63 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 251 times.)
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 12:56:23 AM »

Foxsslots is listing a rebuild of your old reader on eBay.
I think it is $20 ea. plus shipping.
He probably has the coils too.

Paul

One step at a time.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 01:59:55 AM »

this is the part that was torn apart that i need 3 new ones, the reel readers are there and they look like there in fine shape but they could be bad without being able to see it, is that right.I got reel 2 to spin and then it gave and error code 71

What are the numbers on the side of the coil? Is it possible to get a pic of that? I think your going to have to get the coils replaced before you can move on to fix the other problems. I have attached a scan of the Bally code sheet from my manual. Foxsslots also sells a copy of the Bally manual for this machine, or they can be found on EBay, look for Bally slot machine E-Series manual for 1980-1986

* Bally code sheet.pdf (461.59 KB - downloaded 167 times.)

joegalicic
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 04:56:21 AM »

Amachanic the part # on the piece is JA-30-2000, That coil may be able to be repaired i have to take a deeper look at it though,also i took the whole slot mechanism out and cleaned it good because the rods and levers on reels 1 and 3 were not moving at all, now that i oiled them they move great.Also when i get this slot working and restored im looking to sell it because i bought it as a flip project,do you guys know who might be looking to buy one of these.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 05:20:48 AM by joegalicic » Logged
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 11:07:55 AM »

I would just replace the coils with good ones, that way you know they are not going to be a problem later on. They should only cost about $10 each or less. I'll have to check later today to see if I have what you need. As for selling this machine, look on Craigslist in your area to see what they might be selling for, or you can sell it through Ebay... ebay

joegalicic
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 04:17:20 PM »

IT WORKS!!!! So i rebuilt the coils and they are good as new, after i did that i cleaned the hell out of the gears and levers and after a good cleaning and lubing the machine works perfect. it pays out correctly and all but 3 lights work, all those need are the starter tubes. i wanted to give people on this forum first chance to buy it from me, i live in maryland make me an offer and we will talk.i can email pics.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.