Has anyone converted S+ from DBV to WBA (Moved to IGT from general reel stuff)

<< < (4/7) > >>

StatFreak:
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2006, 09:50:39 PM »
rickhunter

1.  Yes all you have to do is change the EPROM to an IDO 022/023 for it to communicate with an S+
2.  The wiring on my S+ with WBA-13 matches your wires.  See picture
3.  The connector with the 3 wires does not get used on the S+
4.  The connector with the 4 pins but only 2 wires goes to the DBV light on the front panel.

So it looks like all you gotta do, is hook it up. White plugs are from the DBV, Black plugs are from power supply and DBV lights on front door.  The big Molex connector on the back is the power supply connected to the S+ harnness.

StatFreak:
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2006, 10:57:41 PM »
CaptainHappy

Rick,

Thanks for the ultra fast reply.

It looks like I was on the right path all along - almost, I just couldnt get past that the wires on the 5 pin connecters do not match color to color, but are "offset." I was ok with unused connectors.

Also I am going to have to look for a connector for the wires that go to the door bezel since it has the connector that fits the DBV-200 head, although I am thinking that this is the wrong bezel as well. I just noticed that the unit that I am trying to use must be for a slant top style machine judging by the attached bezel. I also have another unit that I can take the bezel off of, but I still think that I may have the wrong piece at the door side!  :7- :7- :7- :7- :7- Do I need a different door light bezel and opening??? OR Do I need a different one on the WBA head side???  How does the bezel on the WBA side light up? I have attached a photo that shows the "slant top" head bezel, and the "upright" bezel as well as the door bezel that I have. Do you have any shots of what you have? I may have to look around for some parts still!

Mark

This is a true learning experience, but you have to learn things some how!  :5- :5- :5-

StatFreak:
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2006, 07:37:11 AM »
rickhunter

The bezel on the wba side does not light up on the S+'s.

You can use the bezel from the unit that is just the head.  You should be able to just replace the whole head (the heads between the wba's 10-13 are interchangeable) and not bother moving the "duck bills" back and forth.

Can you send post a picture of the back of the bill entry assembly.  It looks correct, but I would need to see the back to make sure. Or post the part number on the PCB.

StatFreak:
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2006, 02:34:36 AM »
CaptainHappy

I was thinking that I would be able to use the duck bill entry on the WBA, just like the one on the DBV, but it looks like the WBA entry guide I have is a little bit wider, maybe a milimeter or so. I am still just looking at the parts outside the machine, and have not tried to install anything yet. This is why I assume that it will not work. I wonder if the physical door opening/hole is the same for the S+ and the S-2000. If so, I wonder if I could find a door bezel for an S-2000 that would work??? Maybe then I could get a light working on the entry also?? Any ideas there?  I noticed that the entry bezel on the other unit that I assume is for a slant top has some wire connections maybe for a light in the entry?

On your set-up you hooked up the wires from the door bezel (the green/red and the green/blue to the white and red) I am wondering if your light works, and if you have a newer/different entry??

Here is a picture of the rear of the bill entry assembly. The part number on the PCB is: ASSY NO 7511580, and the black plastic piece is labelled: KSI 652 152 00 REV. The white lite assy has a sticker labelled: 19633900 REV A 9/93.

Thanks again!

StatFreak:
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2006, 06:26:56 AM »
rickhunter

That is the correct part number for the bill entry bezel.  The S+ duck bill entries come up on e-bay periodically.  Though I think the green on you have should work.  Give it a try, what have you got to lose?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page