Has anyone converted S+ from DBV to WBA (Moved to IGT from general reel stuff)

<< < (5/7) > >>

StatFreak:
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2006, 01:31:25 AM »
CaptainHappy

I HAVE JUST NOW FIGURED OUT THAT THE MESSAGE THAT I GOT WHICH IS REFERENCED BELOW WAS FROM A MEMBER ABOUT A THREAD ABOUT DBV PROBLEMS FROM A WHILE AGO. I ASSUMED THAT THE MESSAGE WAS ABOUT MY NEW WBA CONVERSION PROJECT. SO, SORRY IF IT CONFUSED THE ORIGINAL SENDER!

IT WAS GOOD BECAUSE IT MADE ME POST ABOUT MY CONTINUING ISSUES WITH MY DBV TO WBA CONVERSION PROJECT! SEE BELOW:

Message from a fellow forum member to me:

I was reading your posts regarding the problems you were having with the bill acceptor and cash can, etc.  I think I may have the same issue.  The unit cycles and everything, I have used the set chip, but still no light at the slot.  The light is on inside the reader.  It worked intermittendly at best even when I first bought it.  I think it may be the cash can or the housing for it with the little sensor, etc.

Anyway, sorry to go on and on.  What ended up solving your issue?

Thanks.

I Have not had too good of luck here... It looks like you got further than me! Here is where I am at. I am curious about your thoughts after you look over this message. You can PM me, or even post in the thread, it doesnt matter to me. I sorta gave up for now. Here are some of the issues that I came accross this weekend when I tried to install. I will copy this and post it in the thread to let all know of the status.

Regards,

Mark

WBA-13-SS replacing DBV-200 Issues still causing problems:

It was virtually impossible to get the WBA frame into the machine after taking out the DBV frame. (The frame that the Transport assembly sits in.) It needs to be placed in at an angle to get it in, and when you try to put it in on the top the left side of the WBA frame hits a stiffening reinforcer that is under the reel shelf. The frame needs to match up with 2 locator pins in the bottom, so this is pretty hard to force in properly. I had to take some screws out of the reel tray and use some force and a screwdriver to get it to pop in place! I was ecstatic when it finally popped in. I thought that it was all downhill from there......

I had already figured out most of the wiring questions with the help of the most gracious posters helping reinforce what I thought was right even if it did not completely follow color to color standards, so I easily swapped out the power supplies. The only wiring thing left open was the two wires for the door bezel.. I think from memory they were green/red and green/blue? I would need to find a mating connector, and splice away. I figured that I could work on those after I figured out the following door bezel issue.

On my machine the Greenish WBA bill entry would conflict with my door bezel as it was slightly wider than the DBV one! Once I knew it worked, I figure that I could look for the right piece, or I could trim the plastic on the sides of the WBA bezel to make it mate. In the meen time I found that if I removed the door bezel and insert bill light assembly I could then shut the door!!! I was again super happy.... I even thought that I would try to see if it would snatch a bill from me. (I had not done anything with the set chip yet hoping that it may work since the other DBV was set up and working. (I prayed a little) I was hoping since I am not sure which set chip I would need, and I think I only have set chip 15.) Again this would be one of the the next steps after I gave it a quick test!

Nothing happened..... Then a light bulb came on and I realized that I need to throw a cash can in.  :25- :25- :25- I grabbed it and tried to put it in and I discovered that it would not fit in since there is a guide on the bottom of the in machine frame that the bill validator door closes onto. This guide is the right width for a DBV cash can, but I found out that a WBA cash can is a little more than a quarter inch wider so it would not work. This guide is spot welded in, and does not look like it changes!  :7- :7- :7- :7- :7- It was at this point that I gave up and realized that it looks like you also really need to change the external cash can frame in the slot itself for this to work. Everyone I had talked to previously said it was a piece of cake to do this switch, but noone knew that I would have to change that external frame!! I knew that the inner frame had to change! 

(((Before I forget.. What is the WBA cycling like??? Can someone tell me what to expect. I did not see optics for the cash can like the DBV's had. How does it know about the cash can status in the WBA? Do you have any ideas?)))

SO.............. I ripped it all out after some frustration and serious tugging and gave up for the night/weekend. Then I got your message and it sparked my typing my story update and asking all for advice, and information about how others got the WBAs put into their S+ machines. Maybe someone can post what they did, and the problems can be solved and it can benefit the next poor fool who tries to do this. So the big questions are: Is the door light bezel different for the WBAs, and is the External Frame different? (And anything else that comes from what I typed above, anything I missed!?!?!?)

Again and as always thanks to all and have a wonderful day/night!

Mark

StatFreak:
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2006, 06:55:26 AM »
rickhunter

The external bezel picture with part# you posted matches my machine which has a WBA DBV in it.  As far as the duck bill, I'm not sure, as mine came with my WBA units. I figured that it was understood that the whole DBV assembly had to be replaced.  Basically you have to remove the whole thing that has the cash can, etc and replace the entire assembly to fit with a WBA and it's cash can and you shouldn't have any issues.  I have completely removed my DBV assembly when I received my machine to clean it up really well and it wasn't all that difficult (at least from my experience).  If you did not get the whole assembly, then you will need to acquire it for it to work properly.

StatFreak:
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2006, 01:11:57 PM »
CaptainHappy

Rick,

When you talk about the entire assembly are you also talking about the external frame in the S+ that has the Bill Validator Door on it? I was under the impression that you only have to change the inner frame that holds the WBA transport and WBA cash can, but when I do this I run into the problems described. To be very specific I have removed the DBV frame that holds cash can and transport, transport assembly, cash can, and power supply. I will try to put it (external frame no DBV or WBA installed) to pictures later, but I am really wondering about the external frame I discussed above. Was that changed on yours? Maybe there are different revisions of S+ machines that may have different metal work inside?

Thanks, and I will talk to you later.

StatFreak:
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2006, 03:15:07 PM »
rickhunter 

No, not the door part, just the part that holds the cash can.  I'll remove everything and take a picture so you can compare.  I'll do that tonight when I get home and post it here.

StatFreak:
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2006, 08:42:34 PM »
rickhunter

Ok, here are the photos.  one with the cash can assembly in place, and the othe with just the "outer" assembly.  The outer assembly only has 2 pegs at the botoom which are clearly seen in the photo.  The cash can holder is secured by a pair of screws which are also clearly seen on the photos.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page