Has anyone converted S+ from DBV to WBA (Moved to IGT from general reel stuff)

<< < (2/7) > >>

StatFreak:
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 04:01:51 PM »
rickhunter

the software id for an IGT S+ is ido 022/023.

StatFreak:
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 05:02:13 PM »
Slotness_Monster

Hi Captain and Welcome back,
Could you help all of us understand WHY you are changing from a DBV to a WBA?

I own machines that have both.

To me . . . . and this is just my impression,
1) Our WBA is slow and prone to jam-ups
2) I love the way Our DBVs 'snatch' the bills out of your hands . . . feeds real fast.

lastly . . . and this is just a pet-peeve . . . . . . .
the DBVs will hold onto the last 1/4" of your rejected bill
while the WBA tosses it to the floor
(like you idiot . . . . don't put this bill back in here) :72-

Later,
'da Monster

StatFreak:
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 05:12:20 PM »
idesign

Slotless Monster, what WBA do you have?  Mine are all WBA-11's and all of them hold onto the last 1/4" of the bill.....even old crumpled bills. I just tried it by inserting a bill in backwards knowing it will reject it.

I changed my DBV-200 out to WBA-11 in my S+ because I found that the DBV-200 jammed more with old crumpled bills and it's a real pain in the butt removing them from a DBV-200, especially when it jams between the head and the transport.  The WBA is a snap since the transport has a door on top of it.

StatFreak:
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 05:58:50 PM »
CaptainHappy

OK... A few questions still open for me.

I have a cable that is connected/screwed to the frame that the transport plug into. I think this may be the harness in question. This then breaks out into 4 connectors connected to the wire harness. The descriptions and colors are listed below in the hopes that I can confirm everything. The power supply has 3 connectors on it, one of which looks like it is the main power and it seems to be the same as the DBV200 power supply connector that connects to the S+. (I have not compared the wires on this, but am I safe to assume it is the same from DBV-200 to WBA for this 9 pin square molex connector? The other wires coming from the power supply will mate with 2 of the connectors on the frame, but one has different colors when mated, and the other has offset colors when mated as can be seen by the descriptions below. I am just trying to be really careful here, so I appreciate if anyone has gone through this and can calm my fears, and get me in the correct path posibly. I am trying to avoid schematics if someone knows this like the back of there hand.

Also before I forget the WBA is labelled with IDO 024, which I know is IGT, but I forget if it is something different model wise??? I forget what I found out about this before... Darn. Do you all think that it will work with the S+? The units I have are definately WBA-13-SS. I am wondering if the ID is different for slots such as S+, and other machines such as Game Kings???? Anybody know for sure off of the top of their head?

Power supply wires:
9 pin square molex. (Main Input?) Colors are sealed inside, so I hope to not open unless really needed.
2 pin connector with pin1=green, pin2=blue
5 pin connector with pin1=no connect, pin2=brown, pin3=red, pin4=orange, pin5=yellow

Frame Wires:

5 pin connector with pin1=no connect, pin1=brown, pin2=red, pin3=orange, pin4=yellow, pin5=green
2 pin connector with pin1=red, pin2=black
4 pin connector with pin1=white, pin2=black, pin3=no connect, pin4=no connect
3 pin connector with pin1=blue, pin2=purple, pin3=grey(dark)

If you mate the connectors on the power supply (labelled IGT p/n: 40810890, APS model # LP30-1131) that fit to the wire harness on the frame (which the transport slides and plugs into) you have the following scenario:

harness side  to  power supply side (pin 1 listed first)

brown               no-connect
red                   brown
orange              red
yellow               orange
green                yellow

here my concern is that the colors do not match, and are "offset"

harness side  to  power supply side (pin 1 listed first)

red                   green
black                 blue

here my concern is that the colors do not match at all

Next concern or question is that the harness is left with two empty unused connectors. (The 3 and 4 pin connectors.) Should these be unused?

The S+ slot also has the 2 wires on a black connector that connect to the DBV head (red/blue and green/blue, all others no connections) that come from buy the door hinge side big wire bundle. Are these connected or not used with the WBA setup???

I hope that this detail is helpful to the experts out there. (If not, I now have a good starting point to drag out the schematics.)

Thanks in advance for all of the help out there. I am trying to work smarter and use resources, rather than having to work harder.

As for the new replies (slotness and idesign) as I was typing and researching...... I have heard that the WBAs are better with older bills, my DBV-200 sometimes eats the bill to the point of ripping it, the WBA is brand new and set for the new 10's!, and I just wanted to procrastinate a bit and play with the toy while learning at the same time!

Have a good weekend.

Mark

StatFreak:
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 06:09:35 PM »
rickhunter

for the S+ you will need a different eprom with IDO 022/023, 024 will not work.

THe power supply for the DBV200's and the WBA's are different.  What does it say on the power supplies that are supposed to be for the WBA?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page