Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:41:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  **Reel Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  new questions from first time owner of real slots
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: new questions from first time owner of real slots  (Read 4129 times)
jwpowell19
« on: March 08, 2011, 04:09:12 PM »

Hi everyone. I recently aquired about 11 Bally slots from a bulk deal. I have been fixing pinballs and vids for last three years so I think I am up to fixing these. I need to start by identifying them. I have attached some pictures. Also I have these model #'s :

S43V34T-00
S63M36T-00
S43M36T-00

Most will light up what seem to be the equivelant of GI lights. some boot but with errors.

I have found a 5000 series manual but will need manuals for my other models (s4000?)

also, it seems like everyone I have has a hole in the botton where coins would drop into the slot stand. These all apear to be set for tokens. I want them to take and pay out quarters for my own personal use. AM I correct in assuming that once the hopper would fill with enough tokens the coil in the coin mech would de-activate allowing the tokens to go into a coin bucket in the cabinet until the hopper empties ?

If anything you think I need to know for getting these to work on quarters please let me know now.

jwpowell19
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 04:20:02 PM »

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 08:54:55 PM »

I can't help you too much with your model of slots as I've never worked on them, but I wanted to welcome you to the site.  You've found a fantastic resource, and hopefully a Bally expert will see your post soon and be able to help you.

NLG Welcome

AM I correct in assuming that once the hopper would fill with enough tokens the coil in the coin mech would de-activate allowing the tokens to go into a coin bucket in the cabinet until the hopper empties ?

Correct.  Most hoppers have a metal probe that sticks into the bowl, and once the coins are up to the level of the probe they complete a circuit (a ground loop, actually) which tells the machine to divert future coins to the drop bin, which would be under the machine in the stand that the machine would sit on.  I think some Bally hoppers used some kind of a weight or balance system to determine how full the hopper is, but I can't swear to that -- just something I think I remember hearing.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 02:45:22 AM »

Welcome to the forum.... You are a brave soul taking on that many non working bally machines. I had a bally 5000 and had power supply issues with it just like everyone else in the world has had. It was a fun machine when it played but that was few and far between. From what I've gathered, power supplies and batteries are the two major issues with the older Bally machines. I had a chance to buy 8 of them for $300 a while back and almost did but I'm glad I didn't. I sold mine a few weeks ago and got two IGT S+ machines instead.

I have a manual for the bally 5000 somewhere on my machine if you need it.
jwpowell19
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 04:02:14 PM »

Thanks everyone for the help! I am going up to the warehouse today to try and get these going. Report back tonight
jwpowell19
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 01:44:44 AM »

An easy question for you guys. The bally S5000 does not have display in the center, but the s5500 does ?
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 01:46:47 AM »

This pic should help.

W

* S5500 .jpg (722.6 KB, 2116x1900 - viewed 234 times.)

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.