Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:15:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S+ DBV won't work? please help.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ DBV won't work? please help.  (Read 12617 times)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 01:15:02 AM »

Important: All setting changes require 0 credits on the machine before entering setup mode.

Yep. No credits for using self test. But I have used the set chip with credits and it just wipes them out as noted above. Like you said, by necessity it would need to.

But I have not properly set the denomination (powered down before saving it). Duh!

This is the one I would check to make sure didn't somehow get changed to  some low number. It can cause the machine to take the bill, but then spit it out once it determines it will put the machine over the limit.
"[7-5] Determines the maximum number of credits that can be accumulated before the bill acceptor is disabled.  This limit must be less than or equal to the credit limit, or a maximum of $3,000."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 01:40:20 AM by poppo » Logged
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2011, 01:29:59 AM »

Using a Set chip causes a 61 CMOS RAM error, probably because it did clear the credits.

Think of the implications of it not wiping credits when a set chip is used.
Think of a HI Denom Machine set to 1 cent, etc.

Now the S2000, I Game, Game King will not allow the key chip to unlock key config menu with credits on it.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2011, 03:28:40 AM »

Finally got it working, thanks for all your help guys! Much appreciated. It takes bills now and adds them to the credit meter correctly, but the bezel light will not come on, I put 2 bulbs from another working bezel in it and it is still not lit up. Any ideas on this?  I don't know if it matters or not, but the led inside the bill chute is still red, is that normal?

Thanks again.

David
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2011, 04:46:14 AM »

The Red LED at the actual entry of the head is so it can detect bill insertion.
On the left side of the BV head are 2 connectors, we wil be concerned with the back one (the front one is the power and machine interface connection.
The back one should only have 2 wires going to it.
One wire is red/blue the other is green/blue
They should be in the bottom positions.
When looking at the connector as it is plugged in and looking at the wires.
left                                                               right
Green/Blue empty empty Red/Blue empty empty empty

Also look at the wiring at the bezel. they use the 7-8VAC and Gnd to power the board from the max bet switch the 2 wires I mentioned above also connect via the 4 pin connector
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:52:44 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.