Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:33:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Help! IGT Super Bar reel chip needed!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help! IGT Super Bar reel chip needed!!  (Read 9074 times)
crashed86
« on: May 08, 2011, 04:28:03 AM »

I have a couple S+ machines with several differant game sets and had little or no problems for years, till now. Last year I purchased a 2CM "Super Bar" game kit. Unfortunately when it arrived the glass was in many pieces. I finally got the upper glass made for me since I cannot find anything for this game anywhere. I installed all components and all worked well, I thought. The game pays in unusual ways. as near as I can tell the seller sold me the wrong reel chip. What I have is an SP1271 game chip, a 1706 reel chip (which I found absolutely no info for) and the 3 reel strips. The part numbers are p/n85823500 and the odd one is 85820600. I am new to this forum and have spent the last 3 days searching here and through every program/eprom list etc trying to figure what is the correct reel chip. Is anyone familiar with this game? As near as I can tell I need an SS3216 or 3217 reel chip. Can anyone confirm if I am on the right track and if so how to obtain the chip I need.

* s_bar.jpg (33.79 KB, 389x259 - viewed 275 times.)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 05:03:29 AM »

Can you post a picture of the reel strips and/or post a reel strip listing?

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Brianzz
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 06:07:25 AM »

1706 is the correct chip for that game, check that your reel strips are on the right reels (see below) and that you don't have slant top reels in an upright or vice versa..

Line #   1 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #   2 1B 1B 1B      
Line #   3 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #   4 3B 2B 3B      
Line #   5 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #   6 1B 1B 1B      
Line #   7 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #   8  7  7  7      
Line #   9 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #  10 2B 2B 2B      
Line #  11 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #  12 1B 1B 1B      
Line #  13 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #  14 3B 3B 3B      
Line #  15 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #  16 1B 2B 1B      
Line #  17 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #  18 2B 1B 2B      
Line #  19 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #  20 1B 2B 1B      
Line #  21 ~~ ~~ ~~      
Line #  22 SU SU SU      
crashed86
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 07:10:42 AM »

Here is a picture of the reel strips, the part number for each is noted at the top of each reel, and they are in the order I have them in the machine.
OK, I figured out the proper position based on the reel diagram. I figured, as with my other machine, and even my proslot, that they are placed in ascending
numerical order. based on part number. How do I know what type of machinethis game was in originally? And where can I obtain the reel/paytable info for the 1706 chip?

* Cimg1117.jpg (32.01 KB, 614x346 - viewed 249 times.)

* Cimg1112.jpg (36.28 KB, 614x346 - viewed 285 times.)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 07:24:30 AM by crashed86 » Logged
Brianzz

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 07:54:24 AM »

It'd probably be impossible to figure out what your machine originally was. Those reel strips look suspiciously like a multi-line game reel strips with those extra long blanks.
crashed86
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 08:02:15 AM »

It is only a 2 coin game. So the reel strips may be wrong for the game chip? do the reel strip part numbers match a 2 coin game, is there a way to determine if reel strips are compatible?
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 08:13:36 AM »

Those are the wrong reel strips for the 2CM game.  The symbol order doesn't match what Brianzz posted in Reply #2, and notice the Bar with the Cherry on it, which doesn't even appear on the pay glass.  That bar/cherry does appear on the 3-line game (picture).

You'll need to get the correct reel strips in order for your game to display the correct payouts.  You can try posting a "WTB" (Want To Buy) message in the classifieds section, stating that you're looking to buy the correct reel strips for 2CM Super Bar using SS1706.  It looks like the strips are ABA, meaning that the first and third strips are identical, and the middle strip is different.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
crashed86
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 08:51:28 AM »

could there have been a belly glass that showed some additional payouts? I have noticed that the machine paid out 40 credits several times which is not a listed payout on the glass.
There are no payouts listed for things like any one super symbol  or any two super symbols or maybe even cherries? How can I know if someone sells me the correct reel strips next time?
After all I thought the first ones were correct. on the reel strip example does the "2B" represent 2 bars and the "3B" 3 bars?
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 11:08:11 AM »

Those reel strips look suspiciously like a multi-line game reel strips with those extra long blanks.

Yep. That's how all of my mulit-line strips are.
poppo

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 11:18:48 AM »

could there have been a belly glass that showed some additional payouts? I have noticed that the machine paid out 40 credits several times which is not a listed payout on the glass.
There are no payouts listed for things like any one super symbol  or any two super symbols or maybe even cherries? How can I know if someone sells me the correct reel strips next time?

No on the belly glass. At least not for the top glass you have.

The 40 payout might be if the superbar symbol was a X2. Without the right strips for the game chip in use or the right reel chip for the award glass, you can pull your hair out trying to figure out what is paying out.

There is a reel strip list here that will help you out. It is not 100% complete, but can help a lot.
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=3891.msg94783#msg94783

Also FWIW, given that broken award glass, the wrong strips etc., you may just want to look into getting a new kit for your machine. Probably cheaper in the long run. That Superbar doesn't really do much anyway (i.e. no nudge, bonus spin, etc.)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 12:49:42 PM by poppo » Logged
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 01:43:34 PM »

Those strips are 3 line 3 reel strips, they go with SS1576, SS1580 or SS1720
crashed86
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 05:11:51 PM »

Thanks for all the help. I think I will cut the losses and look for another game kit. Is there a file I can view or download that will tell me what games are compatible with this machines MPU?
Originally it was 3R-1L-3CM triple double diamond. for instance can I use game kits for S2000? Can I change to multi-line game using this MPU?
poppo

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 05:23:15 PM »

Thanks for all the help. I think I will cut the losses and look for another game kit. Is there a file I can view or download that will tell me what games are compatible with this machines MPU?
Originally it was 3R-1L-3CM triple double diamond. for instance can I use game kits for S2000? Can I change to multi-line game using this MPU?

You can look here for all of the S+ games and the reel chips you need.
http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/

Depending on the game type (i.e 0, 2, 5 etc), you may need a different game chip too.
You can use multi-line games, but will probably want to find a multi-line reel glass too.
Most, if not all of the S2000 glass and strips can be used in a S+ IF there is a S+ version of the game.

Also be sure to get yourself a SET chip if you don't already have one if you want to enable the BV. You most likely will have to turn it back on after a game change. There are exceptions, but best to have one on hand anyway.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 05:28:53 PM by poppo » Logged
crashed86
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 05:50:39 PM »

Thanks, I do have the set and clear chips. is there a source to get specific reel eproms or is it a matter of waiting for the correct one to come up for sale?
poppo

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 05:54:37 PM »

Thanks, I do have the set and clear chips. is there a source to get specific reel eproms or is it a matter of waiting for the correct one to come up for sale?

Most of the time if you buy a kit like on e-bay, it will come with the reel chip (and maybe even game chip). If not, just post a WTB here in the classifieds and someone will get you set up.
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 08:04:11 PM »

1706 is the correct chip for that game

I have noticed that the machine paid out 40 credits several times which is not a listed payout on the glass.

Upon further examination of the PAR sheet for the SS1706, that chip does not match the glass you have, as there is a 20-coin (or 40-coin when you wager 2 coins) payout for single bars.

I agree with the others -- cut your losses on this rather plain kit anyway and pick up a better kit that comes complete with the correct glass, chips, and strips.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
crashed86
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 12:21:23 AM »

Are the 9" and 16" S+ game kits interchangeable? I realize the glass is not the same more curious about eproms and reel strips.
poppo

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 12:23:14 AM »

Are the 9" and 16" S+ game kits interchangeable? I realize the glass is not the same more curious about eproms and reel strips.

Yes they are.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 12:55:02 AM »

1706 is the correct chip for that game

I have noticed that the machine paid out 40 credits several times which is not a listed payout on the glass.

Upon further examination of the PAR sheet for the SS1706, that chip does not match the glass you have, as there is a 20-coin (or 40-coin when you wager 2 coins) payout for single bars.

I agree with the others -- cut your losses on this rather plain kit anyway and pick up a better kit that comes complete with the correct glass, chips, and strips.

The most obvious tip-off is that SS1706 has 1B, 2B, and 3B (stacked bars) and his glass and strips have 1B, and 5 over bar (5B). And, as has been mentioned, the strips have Cherry over Bar symbols that aren't on the glass and extra blanks on the strips indicating that they were almost certainly designed for a line version of whatever game they went to; so they have nothing in common with the shattered cm glass, anyway.

SS3216 and SS3217 might match your glass, but not the strips, and your glass isn't salvageable.

I'll throw my hat in with everyone else and suggest that you just find another kit. I'd go with a newer game that has more colors and features. yes

Stat garfield
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 01:03:28 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
crashed86
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 01:45:14 AM »

The glass is is a non issue. I have a source to make my own custom glass if need be. At any rate,  I am looking at a new game kit.
Thank You for all the info and help.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.