Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:39:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  are these progressive boards?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: are these progressive boards?  (Read 19577 times)
IGTfanman777
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2012, 02:24:04 PM »

Thx vegas. Yes weve been discussing a deal but i need to be 100% sure it will work with my setup. Hes trying to hook me up with a tech that can confim it. Gotta be sure cause they not cheap. :-) thx vegas!!

My Machines:
IGT S2000 - Double Diamond Haywire
IGT S2000 Vision - Fox N Hound
Sigma/PGI UV1700 - KISS Video Slot
IGTfanman777

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2012, 04:34:44 PM »

This meassage is for vegas and anyone else who can help: my display only has dsl cable/ fiber optic cables coming from it. And my j5 connection from the smib card is a small red plug. (please see photos) now, studying the con2 versions, i see nothing on the controller for these connector types. There are however dsl type jacks on this different type of mikohn controller made in lima, peru. Heres the link to the manual:
http://www.mikohn.net/manuales/progressive_system.pdf
See pages 13 & 14 for pics
Is it likely the con2i is not the right controller? Help!

My Machines:
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2012, 01:48:45 AM »

Hey, so sorry for the late reply!!!    Duh! frying pan  loser

I was out of town and still catching up.  Even after making you wait, unfortunately, I don't have an answer either.  I'm just not familiar enough with that kind of setup.  But I'll throw in my two cents to keep this post alive.

First, I think you will have a very hard time finding this particular Mikohn progressive system from Lima, Peru.  Okay, I know, more bad news.   banghead

Second, often times, it's not a straight-through connection where both ends of the cable look the same.  You often times need a harness where the connector on each end is different to support the machine or controller that you're connecting to.  The CON2 manual describes various harnesses in the Appendices.  If you can't find the harness anywhere, you're probably going to have to make it.

Finally, the CON2if is specifically designed to include fiber optic connections (thus the "f" after the "i").  That might make the harness a little easier, but making a harness isn't all that bad (although if you read my post, you'll see I required Band-aids and lots of alcohol).
chug

I hope this helps and at the very least, moves the post back to the forefront for more experienced eyes.   Sherlock Smiley
IGTfanman777

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2012, 02:06:31 AM »

Ty very much vegas. Your words will stay in stone here for future reference when / if i get more clues. I have faith in time we'll make some progress when someone sees this that knows. . Ive learned to be patient at this point. Smiley thx brother.

My Machines:
turniphead

Total Karma Storms: 45

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2012, 04:50:58 PM »

Hey Tim,  wave  just wanted to let you & everyone else know that I heard from my guy that the slot tech he knows is looking at the sigma manual this weekend & will be in touch with you soon.  Mail
IGTfanman777

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2012, 05:12:36 PM »

You- are- the- MAN!! Thank you, thank you! Clap

My Machines:
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.