Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:42:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  PE+ Slant top: DBV200 bill unit issue
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PE+ Slant top: DBV200 bill unit issue  (Read 31813 times)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2011, 10:31:05 AM »

Ok, it sounds like you may have a problem with your housing optics. Check all of the wiring to them and make sure nothing is blocking them. You may have to remove the housing. It's not hard. Just a couple of screws. But a slant top may be a little different than an upright so I'm not sure how it's held in.

The cable that goes to them runs along the right side where the transport goes in and it's easy to get the wires pinched, so look at that area closely.
coinopshop
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2011, 10:33:53 AM »

Ok, it sounds like you may have a problem with your optics. Check all of the wiring to them and make sure nothing is blocking them. You may have to remove the housing. It's not hard. Just a couple of screws. But a slant top may be a little different than an upright so I'm not sure how it's held in.

I actually removed the entire housing last night ( to do the notch modify ). I assume the optics looked good.
 I just ran back to the shed and tried my machine with the cash can out. The results were :

Transport clicks once, motor runs forward twice and reverse 3 times then stops and does nothing.

poppo

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2011, 10:52:08 AM »

I just ran back to the shed and tried my machine with the cash can out. The results were :

Transport clicks once, motor runs forward twice and reverse 3 times then stops and does nothing.

Now I'm not so sure what may be going on.  Scratch Head Mine will cycle 7 times before giving up. And it doesn't click.

With the can out, I can stick my hand in where the can goes and block the optics. That will make the transport cycle.

I would still not rule out a BV power supply problem. Does it 'die' sooner with the can in? If so, that may point to the power supply as it would take more power to cycle the stacker.
coinopshop

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2011, 12:45:28 PM »

Ok let's focus on the cash can optics. Where on the test screen should I see either a 1 or a 0 when I put my hand between those optics. When I do this now, there is no change on this screen.

Also, nothing happens after my transport cycles and I place my hand between those optics it will not cycle again.

* IMG_2836[1].JPG (90.94 KB, 640x480 - viewed 324 times.)
poppo

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2011, 01:16:21 PM »

I'm not sure about a PE+, but I' pretty sure the cash can optics are just monitored by the BV unit, and don't actually get reported to the machine.

BTW, where are all of the BV experts?  Scratch Head  Help
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2011, 08:07:39 PM »

I'm not sure about a PE+, but I' pretty sure the cash can optics are just monitored by the BV unit, and don't actually get reported to the machine.

That is correct -- there is nothing on the Self Test Inputs screen that will show if the bill validator optics are working or not.  If it's not attempting to cycle after its initial power up when you remove and insert the can, I'd strongly suspect that the optics are bad, or the wiring for them is broken or disconnected.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
coinopshop

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2011, 08:31:47 PM »

Checked the 4-pin connector which goes to the cash can optics. All 4 wires are good right to the optics themselves. So wiring is not the issue either, but bad optics can be. Where do I get a set of those puppies ??? Checked eBay....and nothing.

I just wish there was a replacement model that would retro into that thing already.

poppo

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2011, 08:44:06 PM »

I'm sure one of the vendors here will have a set.  I would probably get another BV power supply too. They are pretty cheap. Might put a WTB in the classifieds.

I know you have already swapped out just about everything, but on the plus side it's always good to have spares. It makes troubleshooting a lot esier when you have known good parts on hand.

<eidt>
You are in luck. I have a spare set of optics. PM me your address and I'll stick them in the mail.
coinopshop

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2011, 08:42:40 AM »

I'm sure one of the vendors here will have a set.  I would probably get another BV power supply too. They are pretty cheap. Might put a WTB in the classifieds.

I know you have already swapped out just about everything, but on the plus side it's always good to have spares. It makes troubleshooting a lot esier when you have known good parts on hand.

<eidt>
You are in luck. I have a spare set of optics. PM me your address and I'll stick them in the mail.

WOW ! Excellent !
 Just for $hits & giggles, try unplugging your optics in your machine ( the 4-pin connector on the transport ) to see if your DBV mimicks the symptoms mine is having. Then power it up.
poppo

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2011, 09:52:09 AM »

Just for $hits & giggles, try unplugging your optics in your machine ( the 4-pin connector on the transport ) to see if your DBV mimicks the symptoms mine is having. Then power it up.

Yep, pretty much. It cycles a little, then sort of goes 'chuck, chuck, chuck', and stops.
coinopshop

« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2011, 10:49:15 AM »

Yep, pretty much. It cycles a little, then sort of goes 'chuck, chuck, chuck', and stops.

WELL...THAT'S IT. That's what mine is doing.....sounds like bad optics to me.
coinopshop

« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2011, 09:17:42 PM »

Ok, YES ! The cash can optics were absolutely the problem. Replaced them and the bill unit now comes on.

Now it works great for $1.00 bills, but for any other denomination it WILL ACCEPT the bill, stack it, but WON'T give any credits ????

This machine just get more strange by the minute.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2011, 09:39:24 PM »

Hey hey, that's progress!

Dancing Party

With the power off, flip DIP switch 10 (on the DBV 200) -- that should fix the issue you described (sounds like it's set to the wrong ID).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
coinopshop

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2011, 09:48:45 PM »

Hey hey, that's progress!

Dancing Party

With the power off, flip DIP switch 10 (on the DBV 200) -- that should fix the issue you described (sounds like it's set to the wrong ID).

YES, THAT WAS IT !  I tried it before but didn't turn the power off to the machine and it didn't work.
 But doing this as you said did the trick. Will take bills and give credits now ( just won't take the new colored $5 and $ 10's )

Thanks for everyone's help, you have all been wonderful.
 Dave.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:58:17 PM by coinopshop » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2011, 11:15:13 PM »

That's great to hear you've got it running!
Just for future reference, whenever flipping dip switches or
doing anything that concerns circuit boards in general -
should all be performed with the power "Off" !!!  propeller
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2011, 04:56:10 PM »

Congratulations

Allright!  Congrats on sticking with it and getting your machine back up and running.  Great job!   Clap Clap

Just for future reference, whenever flipping dip switches or doing anything that concerns circuit boards in general - should all be performed with the power "Off" !!!  propeller

Agree with Post

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.