Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:49:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Can you use the same reel reader control board on the 5V & 50V Reel readers?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can you use the same reel reader control board on the 5V & 50V Reel readers?  (Read 3480 times)
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« on: May 22, 2011, 03:54:57 PM »

I have a Bally E2000 series machine that has the newer 5V reel readers and I need to know if it uses the same reel reader control board that is use on the 50V reel readers? My book show and talks about 2 differant boards, one with dip switches and one without, but it doesn't say if they are interchangeable?  Scratch Head

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 03:54:20 PM »

Well I found a spare in one of the machine I was planning on stripping and it's a 5V reel readers and had the other type of reel reader control board, so I guess that answered my own question.. These are the boards I was questioning, 1 has dip switches and the other did not...

* 5V Reel reader control boards.JPG (996.59 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 307 times.)

dhellis
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 02:02:11 AM »

This would just be a guess and that would be that the 2983-2 board (5V) could be used as a replacement for the 2983-1 providing that all of the dip switches are  in the open (off) position. In that configuration the 2 cards appear to be identical.

You can not use the 50 volt card as a replacement for the 5 volt card because the 74145 device is using 2 additional pins. These 2 pins are not connected to anything on the 50 volt card.

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 10:35:12 AM »

Thanks for the information, Those were the two boards I swapped out. The 2983-1 had some horrible soldering done to it and I needed to know if that was the problem. I found and swapped it out with the 2983-2 from a different machine I had for parts, but come to find out it was not the problem...

proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 12:51:18 PM »

Scratch Head What is the problem ?  Scratch Head

One step at a time.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 08:09:33 PM »

Scratch Head What is the problem ?  Scratch Head

I picked up a Bally Military machine.. It seems to have a payout issue with the oranges. It should pay 3 oranges or 2 oranges and a bar, but it has paided out at orange / bar / orange, and orange/ bar/ bar... When I got the machine, the middle reel reader didn't have any tape over the photo trans on the back of the reel reader. I taped it up and that didn't help, so I wanted to change out the reel reader control board, but it was different then the one I had.. That's how I started this tread... I did find one on a parts machine, but once again it made no difference

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.