Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 10:49:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems.
| |-+  NLG Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems.
| | |-+  HELP!! How to use IGT SAStest on an Aristocrat MK5 [SOLVED]
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HELP!! How to use IGT SAStest on an Aristocrat MK5 [SOLVED]  (Read 21275 times)
JonaMX
« on: May 25, 2011, 04:11:19 PM »

Hello, am a new here so I hope that anyone can help me, am trying to comunicate an Aristocrat MK5 to IGT SASTest but jus I don't know what am doing wrong.

Here is what am doing, I'm using a RS232 built-in PC port to the 10 pin connector EGM (IDC10) this es the configuration that I've use on the wire

RS232              IDC10
Pin 3 (TxD)       Pin 3 (TxD RxD)
Pin 2 (RxD)       Pin 5 (TxD)
Pin 5 (GND)      Pin 9 (GND)

also I've attached a pic of the communication board of the EGM. THANKS!!!

* photo.JPG (1677.4 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 429 times.)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 06:44:41 PM by JonaMX » Logged
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 04:17:53 PM »

well you need to swap the TX/RX lines on one end or the other

PC     IDC10/Game
TX --> RX
RX <-- TX

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
JonaMX
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 04:31:14 PM »

well you need to swap the TX/RX lines on one end or the other

PC     IDC10/Game
TX --> RX
RX <-- TX

Yes, I made a mistake when I was writting the post, but now I've wrote it right. Thanks for your answer but that's is what am doing am sending the Rx to Tx and viceversa, am running the SAStest on a windows XP the application send me a lot of information like it is on communication with the EGM but am trying to do any EFT transaction like load cashable credits and the test runs everything is ok however the EGM doesn't load any credits
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:42:03 PM by JonaMX » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 04:37:26 PM »

Which version SAS Test Program are you running?
You may be using the incorrect version?
JonaMX
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 04:40:23 PM »

SAS Simulator Version 2.0.2.1
Supports SAS Versions  2.00 - 6.02
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 05:37:33 PM »

Yes, I made a mistake when I was writting the post, but now I've wrote it right.

But have you actually tried swapping the TX and RX lines? Often the TX and RX labeling can be confusing depending on if whovever wrote the docs are considering the device a DTE or a DCE. In any case it can't hurt to try swapping them if you have not already.
JonaMX
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 06:16:29 PM »

Ok, I'll try it again... thanks!
JonaMX
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 06:29:55 PM »

Yes, I made a mistake when I was writting the post, but now I've wrote it right.

But have you actually tried swapping the TX and RX lines? Often the TX and RX labeling can be confusing depending on if whovever wrote the docs are considering the device a DTE or a DCE. In any case it can't hurt to try swapping them if you have not already.

Ok, I'll try it again... thanks!

Nothing, I've tried swapping again Tx, Rx lines, but nothing, the most weird is that if a turn off the EGM the SAS programm still receiving data from Rx!!
poppo

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 06:48:33 PM »

..... the most weird is that if a turn off the EGM the SAS programm still receiving data from Rx!!

That is the SAS program polling the port.
JonaMX
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 07:01:47 PM »

There are some pics from the EGM, if it helps...

* photo (1).JPG (1679.22 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 446 times.)

* photo (2).JPG (1952.85 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 452 times.)
poppo

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 07:06:07 PM »

I don't know anything about that machine, but have you turned on SAS in the setup AND given it a SAS address. Then is the SAS program set to poll that same port?
JonaMX
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 07:17:59 PM »

I don't know anything about that machine, but have you turned on SAS in the setup AND given it a SAS address. Then is the SAS program set to poll that same port?

Actually the machine configuration interface does not have anything about SAS, but the first pic that I post is the communication board that provides SAS support so I don't have any interface to confing SAS.

I have a William 550 I'll try with that ...
poppo

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 07:22:46 PM »

Actually the machine configuration interface does not have anything about SAS, ....

Hmmm.... I would think it would have to have a setup since SAS allows for multiple addresses on the same bus and there needs to be a way to set the address. Most likely SAS is disabled by default. On a S+ you have to first enable SAS then give it an address.
JonaMX
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 09:07:25 PM »

I would think it would have to have a setup ...

Yes I think it would have to, but believe me it doesn't have any configuration to SAS....
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 12:46:33 AM »

I believe you jonas....
maybe it needs a certain chip in order to allow SAS communications?
Take a look in the Aristrocrat sections of NLG and see if there's any info?

JonaMX
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 12:55:38 AM »

I'll do a deep search, by the way I really appreciate your help, thank you very much!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 01:22:10 AM »

Yeah...don't give up just yet.
All you need is some Aristrocrat guys to show up...
They will be glad to help you out.
Meanwhile, do a search in the Aristrocrat section and see who might have a machine
similar to yours and try and contact them via the (PM) messaging system we have here on NLG!
TZtech

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 06:40:39 PM »

Hi and welcome to NLG

windows XP the application send me a lot of information like it is on communication with the EGM but am trying to do any EFT transaction like load cashable credits and the test runs everything is ok however the EGM doesn't load any credits

Do you mean that you are getting events like door open etc coming through on the application?. If so try and do a promo credit download. this is the least complex of the various ways to get credits on mach.

Can you tell us more about your machine and that interface card. Oz machines usually talk Aritocrats protocol. As far as Iknow US machines as well and they use a sbc board to translate to SAS. Cant remember what these look like but i dont think it the same as the one pictured.

Ian
JonaMX
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 06:50:57 PM »

Hi and welcome to NLG

windows XP the application send me a lot of information like it is on communication with the EGM but am trying to do any EFT transaction like load cashable credits and the test runs everything is ok however the EGM doesn't load any credits

Do you mean that you are getting events like door open etc coming through on the application?. If so try and do a promo credit download. this is the least complex of the various ways to get credits on mach.

Can you tell us more about your machine and that interface card. Oz machines usually talk Aritocrats protocol. As far as Iknow US machines as well and they use a sbc board to translate to SAS. Cant remember what these look like but i dont think it the same as the one pictured.

Ian

Thanks for your help....

Yes the application SAS show me events like "Hopper full level detected", "Hopper low level detected", "ACK", etc. I'll try to do a promotional credit download. About the Aristocrat machines, I don't know to much just that is the USA version and it has an Expansion Communication Port that is where the board of the attached pic must to be inserted, I can post more pics or serial number if do want .... again thanks

* photo.JPG (1677.4 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 362 times.)
poppo

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 07:24:05 PM »

Doh! I must have missed the part where you said it was actually communicating. I thought it was not doing anything. Duh!

Is there a EFT option in the setup? That is another setting on a S+ that needs to be enabled before any of the EFT functions will work.

It's also possible that the machine does not understand every command. For example, my S+ only works with about 20% of the test program commands. And there are some game chips that will work with SAS bonusing and some that won't.

JonaMX
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 07:37:10 PM »

Is there a EFT option in the setup?

No it doesn't has any setup screen to SAS protocol or EFT....

I don't know what am doing wrong because I've just tested the SAS program on a William 550 and it happend the same, the application show me different events, I send a load cashable credits event and the application shows "Operation successful" but the EGM doesn't load the credits, may be it is because as you said they aren't compatible with that kind of commands

poppo

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 07:43:51 PM »

...I send a load cashable credits event and the application shows "Operation successful" but the EGM doesn't load the credits, may be it is because as you said they aren't compatible with that kind of commands

Hmmmm.... Interesting, since the machine should not acknowledge it if it didn't accept it.

Try the '$29 Load cashable dollars' command. It will pop up a screen to ask how many dollars. It will have 8 zeros. Change the last 2 zeros to something like 20 (make sure you still have 8 digits) and see what happens.
JonaMX
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 08:00:11 PM »

Hmmmm.... Interesting, since the machine should not acknowledge it if it didn't accept it.

Try the '$29 Load cashable dollars' command. It will pop up a screen to ask how many dollars. It will have 8 zeros. Change the last 2 zeros to something like 20 (make sure you still have 8 digits) and see what happens.

TX>= 01 29 02 00 00 00 00 22 43 A9
RX<= 01 29 02 00 00 00 00 22 43 A9
$29 = Downloaded Cashable Dollars     = 00002243

TX>= 01 29 02 01 00 00 00 22 07 A2
RX<= 01 29 02 01 00 00 00 22 07 A2
$29 = Downloaded Cashable Dollars     = 00002207

that is what it applications shows, but EGM doesn't do anything  Scratch Head  Scratch Head  Scratch Head
poppo

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 08:13:38 PM »

$29 = Downloaded Cashable Dollars     = 00002243
$29 = Downloaded Cashable Dollars     = 00002207

That is interesting. I'm assuming you did not enter those dollar amounts. If not, the commands for your machine may be different.

Are the other events you are receiving correct? For example are you getting a door opened when the door is opened, or are you getting something like 'hopper full' when you open the door? The text is just associated to a code from the machine by the program. So your machine may be spitting out codes and the program is just displaying whatever it thinks those codes should be.

JonaMX
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2011, 08:24:24 PM »

That is interesting. I'm assuming you did not enter those dollar amounts. If not, the commands for your machine may be different.

Yes I send 20 dollars, if the commands for my machine are differents what can I do?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.