Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:21:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Help! My S+ rejects coins and cashes out bills
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help! My S+ rejects coins and cashes out bills  (Read 3293 times)
barjwfarm
« on: August 03, 2011, 12:59:55 PM »

Hello. Received my second slot for my birthday. I think is a triple diamond s+ with the curved top. I have 23 people visiting from france and am frantically trying to get the machine back up and running. Currently the coins display 279 and the coins played is three. They both flash together. This display alternates with a 20 and a coins played 5 (someone put a 5 dollar bill in it and it just gave them changed) Is there someone that can help me or am I just too technically declined? Oh. In addition, a person "accidentally" removed the coin from the coin comparitor thinking it was a stuck coin. (argh!) I have replaced the coin with several from the hopper. When you put coins into the slot, they just fall through. when you insert a $5 bill, it gives you change. It looks like it has cashed out 279 coins and is just not accepting any more coins now. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. 23 people asking if the slot machine works yet is just too many people.  Help I am sorry if I have posted this in wrong place etc etc. I just can't find anything that is wrong with the machine.
-di
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 01:51:38 PM »

Okay,
Open the door, the "Coins Played" should now indicate a zero in the display.
This means the door is open.
Press the little white test button two times - you should have [2] in the "Winner Paid" window.
This means the machine is in the "Reel-Spin Sound" of the options settings.
Turn the reset key 4 times and until you have an [8] in the "Winner Paid" window.
This is the option for setting the Bill Acceptor Pay Mode.

Your options are:

{2} pay coins from the hopper   
{1} convert bills to credits (the one you want?)
{0} follow the player-initiated credit

These setting number numbers are displayed in the "Credits" window.
It's probably displaying a {2} right now - you need to change it to a {1}.

If the "Spin Reels" button is lit up on your button deck, pressing that button
will allow you to change the setting to a {1} in the "Credits" window.
If pressing doesn't allow you to switch the setting - then you need to purchase
the proper SET chip for your machine's SP game chip in order to change the settings for the bill acceptor.

Any of our vendors here on NLG will have it but you will need to turn off the power to the machine,
remove the coin tray, the hopper and pull up and out on the big black knob that is attached to your MPU tray.
We need to find out what SP chip you have...

On the MPU circuit board will be the SP game chip prom at location U52
( or at location U57 if you have a 16MHz MPU board without the blue volume dial)

Report back to us what SPxxx number chip it is and we can give you more information.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:02:28 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 02:06:01 PM »

barjwfarm  NLG Welcome
stayouttadabunker KNOWS ALL ABOUT THE s+ AND WILL GIVE YOU GOOD ADVICE.
Ford
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 10:36:25 PM »

You might also find Setup option 8 set to 0. I would set it to 1 as Bunker recommends, since this will force all bills to go to the meter.

When 8 is set to 0 (follow the player), then bills will go to the meter if you FIRST turn on credit by pressing the cash/credit button until lit, and the behavior is tied ot option 5 (see below.)

Now come the possible wrinkles.

FIRST POSSIBLE WRINKLE:

Setup option 5 controls the cash/credit button. When you press the white test button as Bunker suggested, it will either be the first setting you see (if there is no option 2), or it will be the second, after you turn the key once. (Option 2 is not used on all SP chips.) If option 8 is set to 0, this setting will affect the bills as well.

Setting 5 - 0 is automatic credit mode. All wins automatically go to credit. In this mode, you cannot turn on the cash/credit button with 0 credits. Wins go to the meter, and the button then flashes as long as there are credits on the machine. Press it at any time to cash out. If option 8 is set to 0, then all bills will go to credit.

Setting 5 - 1 is player initiated credit. This is probably your machine's current setting.  In this manual mode, the credit button goes out and reverts to cash when the machine is left untouched for 30 seconds with 0 credits. You have to press the credit button to light it up before inserting any coins or bills to activate credit mode.

Setting 5 - 2 is player initiated non-credit. It's the opposite of 5-1. After 30 seconds of inactivity with 0 credits, the credit button lights up on its own. You have to press the credit button before inserting coins or bills to turn it OFF.

SECOND POSSIBLE WRINKLE:
Option 8 can be disabled with the SET chip. In most cases, it's active, but if you find that you can't change option 8 when you have 0 credits on the machine, you'll have to get a set chip to activate this option.

For those who always like to play credit, I recommend setting option 5 to 0, and option 8 to 1.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:42:49 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 10:43:40 PM »

Oh. In addition, a person "accidentally" removed the coin from the coin comparitor thinking it was a stuck coin. (argh!) I have replaced the coin with several from the hopper. When you put coins into the slot, they just fall through.

On this issue, there is a small sensitivity adjustment on the coin comparator. Turn it all the way counter clockwise and then just a tiny bit clockwise. If it's just a sensitivity issue, that should solve it. Also make sure all plugs on the CC are seated good.
barjwfarm
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 05:35:22 PM »

I would like to thank you for giving me the pleasure of working with you. My confidence up because of your generous replies, I made one last attempt today to reconcile the problem. I never could get into the setup menu as the second "white button" push never displayed the "2" so I continued on to troubleshoot "children problems" with the coin entry system. I attempted to manually bypass the coin comparitor by shimming the lever with a small piece of cardboard and all coins went to hopper. I removed a coin that was randomly somewhere or other, put coin comparitor back in to no avail. I then removed cardboard and once again (3rd time) adjusted the sensitivity screw on the comparitor as suggested. Wow. It worked. I am back up and running and now 23 people are having a great time celebrating my birthday gift.

I would love to get more information on how to access the service menu that members spoke about. Is there a technical manual or service manual out there? The one I downloaded is called Service manual for the s and s+ series by Marshall Fey. I I would like to change the settings to the recommended settings you stated. It makes perfect sense that small setting was the one that started the series of events that lead to multiple issues with the game. The children are sticking coins in a non-working machine and the adults attempting to fix it. I thank you for your kindness, and your helpful, quick response. You are AWESOME. In a few days I hope to reconnect with you to see what steps I did wrong and be able to access the setup menu. I will also get you the chip information you requested and order any chips or cards or things on-hand that you think I should have.

AWESOME AWESOME!!!!  Thank you thank you!!!!
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 05:40:15 PM »

II would love to get more information on how to access the service menu that members spoke about.

Glad you got is working enough to play.  Clap

We really need to know what SP chip you have so we can give you the proper directions as not all SP chips are set up the same way.

Read this, and tell us what numbers are displayed and then we can give you step by step directions to get the bills to go to credits.

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:08:32 PM by poppo » Logged
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 08:25:11 PM »

The children are sticking coins in a non-working machine and the adults attempting to fix it.

May I politely suggest that you lock the machine and keep the key in a safe place so that only you have access to the inside of the machine?  That way, if something breaks, you don't have to guess at what someone else may have done to "fix" the problem (which may have made things worse).  The fewer untrained hands inside the machine, the better!  yes

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 12:41:50 AM »

I agree with poppo and knagl. If you go back and read my post, you'll see that I noted that you might see setup option 2 first, or that you might see setup option 5 first, depending on the SP chip you have installed. We'll be able to give you specific instructions once we get your SP chip number. Meanwhile, don't let your guests try to fix the machine.

One thing to understand is that the setup menu is a sub-menu off of the main test menu. When you get to the first setting (usually "5  n" or "2  n"), you start turning the JP key to move into and through the sub-menu. If you continue to press the white button instead, you'll move past the setup menu into the rest of the test menu (which, ironically, does have some setup options in it as well. arrow)

Remember, these menus were never meant for consumers, but for trained slot technicians. They're not "friendly," but once you get to know them, they're a piece of cake.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 12:49:40 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.