Mikohn Progressive Controllers Displays and other info
<< < (174/178) > >>
stayouttadabunker:
The Jackpot display comes up in the middle...if I want, I CAN "left" or "right" justify where I want the jackpot display to come up...that's only a matter of slightly changing the "JPOT.DO" configuration in the "Message Programming" options. :89-

I HAVE been fooling around with the "JPOT.DO" configurations- however, you do not want to drastically change it too too much or your display comes out WAY     TOO     BIG    !     :81-

It seems that if you change the JPOT.DO to try and make it do something crazy....it displays everything as double spaces between the characters      :60-  ......however, it would be fine though - if you have about 20 more LED4 panels :96-   

stayouttadabunker:
My way of thinking is this:
There MUST be a different, perhaps an more recent/updated,  PSP version out there somewhere , (other than the V2.0) , that would be able to use double height,and/ or larger characters.

I agree that it's fairly easy to link these panels together and make the total displays longer.
But then I questioned myself and thought why are the physical CHAM44 (LED4)  led panels capable of interlocking, both top and bottom height-wise as well as length-wise... :103-

Maybe it was cheaper bulk-wise for Mikohn to purchase LED squares this way? I dont know...
I wonder if Mikohn had designed a chip /or PSP program to drive larger displays with a CHAM44?
I find it hard to believe that Mikohn would make/purchase/sell these types of LED panels and not use the full capabilities of them. :103-

However, having said that - I think it's kind of like my first car I bought.....the junky thing had NO options whatsoever!
If I had given the used car dealer a few more bucks, maybe he'd install a radio in the space on the dash panel - instead of the plastic knock-out covering up the hole. :96-
jay:
One of the options in PSP is to do double wide letters. There is no option under the Con1 to double high.

What I found out so far is that the Con1 downloads the message into the Cham44 when you press the F1 in PSP.
When you are then in run mode, the message does what the message does but the jackpot token value gets updated about 6 times a second.
SO if you had 2 displays you could program each with a different message then hook them up to the same CON1 and the Jackpot value stays the same on both.
You could stack two displays in a 2x3 configuraton - drive each row with its own cham44.

We have found how to modify the code for both the 7.15 and 7.22 so we can make the display as long as we want.
jay:
The modification to the length is simply a one byte change. Ozzy put me on to this a long time ago. However no one could actually remember what byte and the Mikon guys told me it was possible but were not allowed to tell me due to laws. It wasn't until we had a couple of chips that were at different lengths and simply did a hex compare that we found this.

It is conceviable that there is actually two bytes like 01 03 or 01 02 and we might be able to change this to 02 02 and do the 2 x 2.

IF this was to work then I would suppose that the scroll up and scroll down commands might move around the full display but as mentioned before there is nothing in the programming to suggest you could select which panel it would display on. The only thing I could see happening is that everthing just scales twice as large but thats a long shot.

Wes are you able to do some experimenting with this ?? as my toys are still in dry dock.

westec1:
I won't be able to spend any real time on this until March, due to Christmas, and then out to Vancouver for the Telecommunications setup's, for the world cup events.
when I get back I will see what I can figure out. If it's possible I would think you will also need a special ribbon cable to connect the displays together.

Wes
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page