Mikohn Progressive Controllers Displays and other info
<< < (178/178)
MrBellMan:
Most of my findings are already well documented here on NLG, but what made the key difference was when I read the following regarding the F1 (SEND command):

"If the download is successful, no message displays in the message area and if the controller is connected
to a display, you will see the data from the CURRENT JP field display for the associated jackpot group."

For the longest time I could not figure out why the data would not send and show me the jackpot amount on the display. Well, turns out I was using a standard RS232 cable instead of the "modified" version. I found an old serial cable, cut it in half and spliced it back together per the instructions. Tried to send the data again and BAMM! My configured jackpot was being displayed.   :89- :89- :89-

One thing I should probably mention was that at first I did not realize that the CHAMII+ was the actual progressive brain. I am used to spectrum displays and use the S2000 software to configure the jackpots. I bring this up because my searches always included "S2000", when in fact the CHAMII+ works the same for all machines I believe except for the actual "CHAMII+ to MACHINE" connection. My searches would have been a lot broader had I know this from the start.

Rob

McCackie:
The display cable is a simple 3 wire RS232 cable but at the Display end short pin 1 to 5 which tells the display to attend to that port and ignore the 422 port (they share the UART).  Its the same for ChamII or the Supreme.

Quote from: MrBellMan on July 13, 2010, 01:59:24 AM

Most of my findings are already well documented here on NLG, but what made the key difference was when I read the following regarding the F1 (SEND command):

"If the download is successful, no message displays in the message area and if the controller is connected
to a display, you will see the data from the CURRENT JP field display for the associated jackpot group."

For the longest time I could not figure out why the data would not send and show me the jackpot amount on the display. Well, turns out I was using a standard RS232 cable instead of the "modified" version. I found an old serial cable, cut it in half and spliced it back together per the instructions. Tried to send the data again and BAMM! My configured jackpot was being displayed.   :89- :89- :89-

One thing I should probably mention was that at first I did not realize that the CHAMII+ was the actual progressive brain. I am used to spectrum displays and use the S2000 software to configure the jackpots. I bring this up because my searches always included "S2000", when in fact the CHAMII+ works the same for all machines I believe except for the actual "CHAMII+ to MACHINE" connection. My searches would have been a lot broader had I know this from the start.

Rob

LIGJACKSON:
Quote from: chosmer on December 02, 2009, 07:05:01 PM

Best way for me to discribe it is to show you.

here is the link VID 1 is the settings,  VID 2 is the working CON2 , VID 3 is the bad CON2

Tomba:
Hello,

It has been a long time. I need some help about IGT with Mikohn. Does anybody know how to install (programming) of the Supercontroller when connecting to a GameKing? I have the connection but I would like to get the progressive amount on the screen as well.

Thanks in advance.

Tomba
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page