Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 04:46:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Universal Ultra slot getting 15 0 error on powerup
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Universal Ultra slot getting 15 0 error on powerup  (Read 14401 times)
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2011, 09:35:18 PM »

Have you checked your gmail since Friday night? You should find a guide to the test menu there.  yes

For the coins falling through. Do you have a sample coin in the comparitor and have you tried turning down the sensitivity?

If yes to the above then I'm afraid it's that board connection again!  hissy fit
Coins falling thru often happen with poor connection.
Hate to sound like a broken record but this is the weakest link on this machine.

Jim
gposing
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2011, 09:43:44 PM »

I just checked email again and I have nothing. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:09:14 PM by uniman » Logged
gposing

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2011, 09:46:19 PM »

you have another post that talks about led.  does this compare have them.  I don't see any lights on it
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2011, 10:15:24 PM »

I just checked email again and I have nothing. 
My bad, sent to wrong address, check now.

you have another post that talks about led.  does this compare have them.  I don't see any lights on it
No lights. There should be a coin in it, same as what you drop in. The sensitivity dail is on the upper right of the black box. Turn it with a small screwdriver counterclockwise, opposite direction of the arrow you see.
But I'm betting it is the mpu board. With machine off press the right side of the board in and then power up. The coin-in pulse goes to the right side of the board.
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2011, 10:18:32 PM »

For testing purposes;
With the machine on and the door open you can press the red button (service sw) next to reel #1 and this will simulate a coin-in and you can then press the spin button and watch a test spin. Let's hope the reels have no errors!
gposing

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2011, 10:35:31 PM »

Reels worked fine
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2011, 11:03:49 PM »

Reels worked fine

Clap Clap Clap

I've had stubburn boards that would give me hopper errors (31), then comparitor not taking coins, then reel errors!!
Was expecting the worse.

As long as the error 50 changes to 51 when you close and lock the door, the machine should be ready to take coins.
The comparitor plugs into the "shadow box" and the big grey ribbon cable goes to the backplane. Make sure those three connections are buttoned down tight. I've seen the ribbon cable not snapped in before and this causes problems.
The Ultra comparitor is a CC-64D. This unit verifies the coin in is proper and sends a pulse to mpu to count the coin.
gposing

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2011, 11:06:12 PM »

It has a cc-62-d.   Yes door code goes from 50 to 51
gposing

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 10:38:32 PM »

the coin compare takes the quarter drops it in the hopper but does not give me a credit.  When I run test 3 the coin in test I get a value of 18.  the bv is now working. only issue is I have to duck tape the box so it does not pop out and give me a 97 error.  Need many light bulbs for the system any idea where I can get them?
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 12:04:44 AM »

the coin compare takes the quarter drops it in the hopper but does not give me a credit.  When I run test 3 the coin in test I get a value of 18.  the bv is now working. only issue is I have to duck tape the box so it does not pop out and give me a 97 error.  Need many light bulbs for the system any idea where I can get them?
I don't see an 18 in the values for test 3, but there is a 180. Mine are all at 500.
Run test 3 and press max bet button until you get to 500.
gposing

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 01:16:57 AM »

Found big problem tonight.   Looks like a mouse made home in the coin tracking box. Wires all chewed.  Notsure how it was working
gposing

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 04:21:39 AM »

got the system up and running.  only thing not working was the arm.  no big deal.  was playing the game and decided to cash out to see how well the hopper worked.  i got a 31 error, over pay, then the dreaded 11 again.  ram clear got rid of the 31 now I am stuck with 13 and 11.   
Inieas
Of all the things i have lost I miss my mind the most
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

Keeping the years down is hard, but staying young

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 04:27:52 AM »

Hi everyone, Here is manuals I have for the Universal Sunrise Machines I hope this would help someone.
I Have alot more, but they are on CD and I would Have to email them so if you need any, just email me.

* LPM HOPPER MANUAL .pdf (844.29 KB - downloaded 155 times.)
* Emax SA Service Manual.pdf (855.4 KB - downloaded 750 times.)

If I cant fix it, I will find a way or bug someone till they tell me how!
Inieas

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2011, 04:30:27 AM »

Here are more including the EMax

* Emax SA Operation Manual.pdf (405.72 KB - downloaded 400 times.)
* Emax Parts Catalogue.pdf (1142.12 KB - downloaded 553 times.)

Inieas

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2011, 05:05:37 AM »

Gotta love file sharing.....link to download the manuals.......https://rapidshare.com/files/13575337/Sunrise_Series_Manuals.rar

jbshocks

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2011, 08:18:37 PM »

contact cleaner worked and now when i power up i only get 13  0    and    11   0.    Also I want to start cleaning the dbv.   How do you get the transport out.  Is there latch like my wba11.  if so I can not find it.
The 13 is ok, normal. And a 19 after a ram clear is ok too. But the 11 is not. If seen for about three seconds and then goes away, ok. But if it persists it is an indication of a voltage problem.
I've never cleaned the transport.
To get it out you have to disable that lock. To do so you need to remove the entire bv case from the machine.
I happen to have a transport locked in the case on my garage shelf. So here is a demonstation on how to remove the lock.
Pry open the plate pictured below with a screwdriver.
Use needlenose to loosen the small nut. It won't come off, no room yet.
Then use the needlenose to loosen the large lock retaining ring.
Pull lock forward and finish removing the small nut, locking latch and pull the lock out the front.
Push the metal plate down and your done. Transport can now be pulled out.

I just had to do this and it worked well.  One tip I have is that I was unable to turn the nut with the needle nose so I used a screw driver and hammer and struck the large nut in the loosening direction.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.