Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:25:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT Slant Top Wild Double Cherry Help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Slant Top Wild Double Cherry Help  (Read 4769 times)
patman2761
« on: September 19, 2011, 04:32:09 PM »

Hi, just found this forum, and have a few questions concerning my IGT Sant Top.
Is there a way to check the reel positions are in the right spot? I tried reset 9x but nothing happened.
Also, the bet one button will light up when I have credits, but not if I put 3 coins in.
Another question I have ....is there a way to adjust the volume?
Sorry for all the questions, but I know I have a lot to learn about this machine.
Almost forgot...one more question...how old would the slant top be?
Thanks
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 05:59:58 PM »

Welcome to the site!  You've found the best resource for home owners of slot machines.  yes

NLG Welcome

Yes, there is a reel strip test, but before we get into that, what makes you think that your strips are wrong?  You do know with the Wild Cherry game that the Wild Cherry symbol pays on or within one position of the payline, right? 

For example, if you spin BAR - Blank - BAR, but the Wild Cherry symbol is just above or below the payline on the middle reel (in this example), you'll get paid for BAR - BAR - BAR.

The Bet One button sounds like it's working properly.  Assuming you have a 3-coin game, you can't bet more than three credits per spin.  When you insert coins, they go towards the next wager, not the credit meter.  Once you've inserted three coins (the maximum for your game), you cannot insert more coins, nor can you wager credits that are on the credit meter since you've already placed a bet of three coins (that you inserted) which is waiting to be spun.

Yes, there is a way to adjust the volume, but it depends on the board that is in your machine.  Most machines have a 10mhz board which has a small blue knob sticking out of it which is the volume control.  Some machines have a 16mhz board, which require using the self-test menus to adjust the volume.

If you're not sure which kind of board you have, you can - WITH THE POWER OFF - remove the board and post a picture of it here.  Always have the power OFF when removing or inserting the board, or you will likely fry the board and have to buy a replacement.

As far as the age of the machine?  In round numbers, it's in the neighborhood of 15 years old, but a picture of the machine would help to make sure my number is in the ballpark, and more importantly a look at the small blue metal serial number plate on the side of the machine will yield a more accurate answer.

While there may be some information overload, you may want to check out the FAQ files for more information on your machine.  Feel free to ask any questions here that aren't covered.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
patman2761
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 08:43:33 PM »

Thanks knagl for the information and quick response. Your explanation of the bet button makes perfect sense. The reason why I wanted to know about a reel test, is because when I changed a light tube I moved one of the reels. I moved it back to the position I thought it was, but not sure. The blue metal plate only has a serial number, no date. I have included some pics for you. Can I add a bill changer to this machine? Thanks for all your help, and if you can help me with the volume control, that would be great.
Thanks again

* Board.JPG (89.49 KB, 640x480 - viewed 438 times.)

* SLOT.JPG (83.45 KB, 640x480 - viewed 508 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »

Aah, okay, you have nothing to worry about with the reels unless you physically moved the reel strip within the reel (very unlikely, since the strips have notches to hold them in place).  The reel uses optical sensors to determine the reel's position.  That's why they spin when you first power the machine on -- to determine where the reel is in its rotation, and then to display the correct symbols.  Unless your machine is paying incorrectly, you don't have to worry about the reel positions based on accidentally moving it when you had the door open.

Here's a picture to help with the volume control:

(Before you put the board back in (and again, be sure that the power is off when you do so), can you tell us what is on the labels of the SP and SS chips?  I can't quite make them out from your picture.)

You'll notice that the blue volume knob actually slightly extends outside of the metal tray enclosure -- you can adjust the volume with the board in the machine.

When I would first adjust the volume, I would make an adjustment, close the door, play one game, decide it was too loud (or too quiet), then open the door, adjust it again, close the door, etc. etc.  I learned a trick that makes it a lot easier:

With the door open, if you look closely at the area where you drop coins in, there's a coin comparator that the coins first go into (don't remove the sample coin that's in there or your machine won't accept any coins!), and then they drop through a set of optics before they're sent to the hopper (or down to the drop door).  On the optics (directly below the Coin Comparator) is a very small white test button.  That button, sometimes called the "pseudo coin" button, will send a test credit to the machine which will allow you to play the game with the door open. 

With that knowledge, here's how you can adjust the volume:

- Open the door
- Press the coin optics button (if your volume is on at all, you'll hear a "ding" as if you inserted a coin)
- Press the Spin Reels button on the door
- Adjust the blue volume knob as the reels are spinning and the game is making its spinning noise

Repeat the last three steps as necessary until you get your volume set to a level that you like.  The reels will spin, so make sure your hands and arms are clear of that area so you don't cause any damage.

Assuming that the previous owner didn't strip out all of the wiring, you should be able to fairly easily put a dollar bill validator (DBV) into the machine.  The rectangular black plastic to the right of the top paytable glass is where the validator goes, and its cash can (or "stacker box") goes in the area under there.

With the main hatch door open, reach above the reels (between the reels and the door hinge) and you'll feel a metal post in the center of the machine.  Pull down on that post and the top award glass will swing out towards you -- that's how you gain access to that area.

The hole in the cash can door is where a lock would have been to access that area.  If memory serves (I've only worked on a slant top once), you have to reach either up or down with your finger to trip the latch to open that door.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 09:25:33 PM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
patman2761
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 11:35:42 PM »

Thanks again for your time and help, I appreciate it. I will adjust the volume tomorrow, since I got a coin jam tonight and had to remove the hopper. It must have happened to the guy who had it before me, because the screws that hold that knife thing on were stripped so bad. I managed to get the coins out, but before I put it back together I want to buy new screws. The REEL PROM Chip is SS 4331 and the GAME PROM Chip is SP 731. I picked this machine up on the weekend for two hundred dollars. I guess its ok for me to have one to start with. Eventually I want to move up to a square top machine. Thanks again.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.