Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 01:24:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  MONTE CARLO codes 83-1 and 91 C1 in progressive
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MONTE CARLO codes 83-1 and 91 C1 in progressive  (Read 11213 times)
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« on: September 22, 2011, 06:52:41 PM »

Just picked up my dream machine!!!!!! And it's not working Scratch Head  When I powered it up for the first time, I was getting a C1 in the progressive and a 91 code in  the window, when I opened the door AND the machine would not play or take bills. I performed a safe ram clear with the chips and I get a code 83-9 flashing in the window now and a 91 when I open the door and the C1 is still flashing in the progressive. Any ideas? You guys are truly the best for helping us slot hobby geeks !!! thank you!!!  Hail Hail Hail
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 07:14:21 PM by jer3270 » Logged
rjpohl
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 103

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 07:33:54 PM »

I believe the 91 code has to do with the progressive.  You need to set option 2 to 0004 and option 7 to 0001.  I would start over and do a full safe ram.

Bob

jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 07:58:25 PM »

How do I change options ?  I've seen how to do a full safe-ram clear, but I don't know what to do after that ? I've read it can be a real headache if you don't know how to do it. What settings do I n to write down and how do I get to them? Thanks for the help!
rjpohl
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 103

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 10:16:36 AM »

The option settings depend on how your machine is set up, such as does it accept coins, does it have a printer etc.  The bally s6000 manual has the safe-ram clear procedure.  Do you have the manual?  You'll have to tell us exactly how machine is equipped too.

Bob

jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 10:49:19 AM »

Hi, thanks for the reply. The machine has a BV, printer and the progressive. I think currently it is set up for a coin acceptor(when I power it on the solenoid for the deflector clicks but there is not a coin acceptor in it. Thank you again for the help!
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 10:57:55 AM »

Before you get to far into programming issues I would check all plug connections between the top box and motherboard and especially check to make sure there is a black molex plugged into the front of the MPU board when you open the door. It's right in front. When I had the 91-1 code with the corresponding C1 code on the progressive it was a low battery on the progressive controller board. You'll save a lot of hassle later by checking these things first.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 11:00:31 AM »

Also, there are specific settings on Monte Carlos for the progressive to work. If someone doesn't post them by the time I get back to town this afternoon I'll put them up for you. There's 10 or 12 options that need to be set a certain way
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 01:37:12 PM »

Finally got a chance to check battery voltage on the progressive.It is at 2.7 volts ? Is that enough? I've learned a lot about the IGT's from you guys. This is my first BALLY and don't know a thing about it. Thanks for any help!
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 01:48:35 PM »

And if I change the battery in the progressive, will it save the programming or will I have to send it out to get programmed ? thanks for the help!
Koni
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 02:09:22 PM »

I have a Monte Carlo as well. If you change the battery you will have to do a full clear. You can avoid this by doing a "Bally battery mod" which is posted. (just do a search) You install a single battery pack from radio shack. When you get a low battery error you can trick the machine and replace it while it is running without doing a clear. I do it with all Bally games. It's great wave I saw someone may have the codes for you, follow all of them set by step and let us know if they work.
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 02:24:27 PM »

I'll check that out!! thanks for the help!
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 08:40:23 PM »

And if I change the battery in the progressive, will it save the programming or will I have to send it out to get programmed ? thanks for the help!
The progressive battery(ChamII) is rechargeable and will charge as the machine(progressive controller) is left turned on.  I always reccomend that you turn a progressive machine on at least one day a month and for min 4 hours.  If you did change the battery, it would have to be the same and with the loss of voltage, so would be the loss of memory.

Thanks,
Wayne
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 01:05:41 AM by a69mopar » Logged

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 10:14:39 PM »

Thanks for the help! Hail Hail Hail This progressive thing is going to take some homework I guess! Is there a way I can disconnect the progressive for now while I figure it out,and be able to play the game without it? And do I need different clear chips to get the 83-1 to clear? I'm a beginner at this BALLY thing,Thanks again for all the help! you guys are awesome!!!
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 10:36:25 PM »

Here are the settings for the Monte Carlo as detailed by a69mopar last year.

I believe that these only applied to single spin versions. Wayne, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Stat garfield

* Monte Carlo Bally 6000 settings.doc (35 KB - downloaded 1142 times.)

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 11:07:25 PM »

THANKS!!! With all the help and information you guys have given me,I might have a shot at getting this thing spinning tomorrow! (with any luck) I'll post how it goes or some more questions ! T Hail Hail Hail
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 11:59:25 PM »

The progressive battery(ChamII) is rechargeable and will charge as the machine(progressive controller) is left turned on.  I always reccomend that you turn a progressive machine on at least one day a month and for min 4 hours.  If you did change the battery, it would have to be the same and with the loss of voltage, so would be the loss of memory.

Thanks,
Wayne

i never knew that  Scratch Head i also have a monte and it doesnt really get any playtime or turned on cuz of my igt gets all the playtime...... should i just turn it on and leave it on 1 day a month? will that preserve my battery life.......

* IMAG0038.jpg (547.26 KB, 1440x2560 - viewed 243 times.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 01:05:09 AM by a69mopar » Logged
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 10:22:58 PM »

After a full ram clear twice!! and the help from you guys!! It's up and running!!!!  Hail Hail Hail Still have a C1 in the progressive and it doesn't progress,doesn't know the ticket printer is there so I have to have a hopper in it and it took a few tries before I flipped the switch marked coin mech. up. the BV light came on and I put a bill in it and it spins!!!!!! Soooo I guess does anyone know of someone I can send the progressive to get programmed ???? And I'll have to read more on getting the other settings figured out for coinless and printer opertion. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clap Clap Clap Clap
a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 01:07:43 AM »

The progressive battery(ChamII) is rechargeable and will charge as the machine(progressive controller) is left turned on.  I always reccomend that you turn a progressive machine on at least one day a month and for min 4 hours.  If you did change the battery, it would have to be the same and with the loss of voltage, so would be the loss of memory.

Thanks,
Wayne

i never knew that  Scratch Head i also have a monte and it doesnt really get any playtime or turned on cuz of my igt gets all the playtime...... should i just turn it on and leave it on 1 day a month? will that preserve my battery life.......
short answer is yes....

W

a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 01:10:14 AM »

After a full ram clear twice!! and the help from you guys!! It's up and running!!!!  Hail Hail Hail Still have a C1 in the progressive and it doesn't progress,doesn't know the ticket printer is there so I have to have a hopper in it and it took a few tries before I flipped the switch marked coin mech. up. the BV light came on and I put a bill in it and it spins!!!!!! Soooo I guess does anyone know of someone I can send the progressive to get programmed ???? And I'll have to read more on getting the other settings figured out for coinless and printer opertion. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clap Clap Clap Clap

If you had your location in your profile, then maybe someone near you could help you out.  I always suggest filling out your profile, at least with a general area anyway. Californians, please feel free to lie.  Tongue Out

W

w

jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 07:40:02 PM »

I'm in McHenry IL. I would put it in my profile if  could remember my password Duh! I set the account up so long ago,I forgot it !!! My computer remembers it,but won't tell me!!!!!  Bob at SAMRON sots is helping me out with reprogramming the progressive. THANKS AGAIN!!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!!  Hail Hail Hail
bunnyslots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1006

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 06:18:32 AM »

Hey Where in Mchenry?

jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 10:33:26 AM »

In Johnsburg, by the old Val's grocery store
bunnyslots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1006

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 03:33:54 PM »

Wow I'm close right across from CH CC. You should try Chef Davitos right by your house. Great Food

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.