Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:24:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 addiction checkpoint and memories...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 addiction checkpoint and memories...  (Read 3494 times)
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« on: September 26, 2011, 04:26:08 PM »

Well gents, roughly one year ago marks the beginning of an addiction that I never thought I'd have.  I remember a quote somewhere from Captain Happy that warned me about moving from my old IGT S Jackpot Jungle to the S2000 stating that the S2000 had the flexibility of being able to change out kits.  I remember thinking to myself, "Naaaahhh, this Red White & Blue Big Times Pay will be all that I'll ever need."  Robin, I hope you're still enjoying that kit because my kids still give me crap to this day for selling it.   Duh!  I can't even imagine how many times that poor MPU 504 (Rev A) SB socket has had chips swapped in and out of it and to this day, it's still running like a wound watch.  So many learning experiences.  I still remember how nervous I was to clip off the green battery.  I think it was Dan that convinced me to do so after seeing a photo of about 100 piled up green batteries that he had snipped off of boards.  I still remember how much the static and buzzing sound coming through the speakers used to grind my gears, and what a relief it was to my ears when the resistor workaround actually worked.  The rush of my first game change and mastering the blindfolded clear/key procedure.  Installing DSV SIMM's in games where they don't belong to see what kinds of crazy sounds we could come up with...yeah, Jim (blueridge) and I spent a lot of hours on that little project.  Washing, waxing, and buffing (washable strips to a high shine).  Feeling the pain after a cleaning attempt on a non-washable strip.  Convincing my wife that I was not going insane after watching Jim's (Betor Slots) S2000 videos over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.  Bending legs on EPROM's.  Waiting impatiently for UPS, FedEX, and/or the USPS to drop off kits, chips, decals, strips, etc...they never get here fast enough!  Removing old baked on tape from glass with Acetone...I always hate that project!  Watching nicotine, glue, soda pop, alcohol (and God knows what else) stained glass become brand new with 409, acetone, Windex, wax, and a 1000 rolls of paper towel!  Replacing a reel tray, wiring harnesses, DBV, shutting off the coin meter with a single piece of wire in the plug (one of my favorite fixes), replacing light boxes on reels, buttons (still haven't gone the LED route yet), chrome button deck...lotta things learned over the past year.  To this day, I still don't own a multi-meter, and the best tool in the world is the bent screw driver!  Ahh, figuring out how to add multi-denom capabilities and the multi-denom button to the button deck (one of my proudest moments)!  Someday I'll install a lightbox/touchpad...just not sure what I need and how tough it is yet.  Oh yeah, watching the word "Minty" get used amongst the slot machine brotherhood like a household word!  Anyway, the list goes on and on.

Anyway, as I sift through the S2000 list of games, there are only two more kits that I still might pick up someday if they can be found...the old 3CM Triple Double Diamond and a 3CM Triple Butterfly Sevens.  Other than that, there just isn't anything else that blows my hair back in the S2000 lineup.  I'd be curious to hear what themes you guys are still drooling over for your collections.  Maybe I'll look into the i-games...not sure yet.  Still debating on a Game King 6.0 upgrade.

Many of you guys have fueled my addiction and below are the fruits of that addiction.  Hopefully I've contributed to your addiction as well in some way!   stir the pot / get cooking

Thanks,
Jason

* Top_Belly_Glass.jpg (1641.68 KB, 2000x1500 - viewed 354 times.)

* Reel_Glass.jpg (1038.65 KB, 2000x1500 - viewed 321 times.)

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 05:30:20 PM »

GREAT game selection JASON  . So is that all of your game kits or is there still something in the S2000  Scratch Head.     PS bad time to have the 100LB dog run across the floor EEEK bawling bawling bawling

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 06:01:51 PM »

This is it...a year's worth of collecting and "minty'izing".  I wanted to show strips too, but didn't have anymore room for 33 reels.  LOL!! 

Out of that entire collection of glass, the hardest piece to find was the long Crystal Sevens glass.  Which reminds me of another fun project...scraping all of that nicked up nasty looking frost off of the front side of the glass.  Refinishing the backside of the glass with Valspar interior frost brought "new life" to that glass.  I did the same thing to the Triple Stars and Red White & Blue kits too!

The most painful project was outlining and painting the backside of the Red White & Blue (semi-backlit) strips.  These strips were brand new, but were the older style that allowed slight amounts of light through the white area around the symbols.  That was about an 8 hour project, but the strips are now truly backlit on only the symbols and are flawless.

Thanks,
Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 06:25:06 PM »

applause applause applause Nice games Jason
 Congratulations
Thanks for posting.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 10:33:51 PM »

I agree with how tough it is and how much work and time it takes
to make back-lit strips look perfect.
Out of all the reel glasses I've seen  - none beats the original Tabasco, Wheel Of Fortune, and The Munsters reel glasses...although, I've never seen the sharp looking Crystal Sevens reel glass
before you posted up your video clip on it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.