Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:17:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  can't get s+ to finish reseting--please help newbie
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: can't get s+ to finish reseting--please help newbie  (Read 9538 times)
putts5205
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: October 04, 2011, 01:02:17 AM »

ok, i have an s+ that i got a new board and chips for. i  tried to clear the board and it seemed to take, it chimed and counted twice endin up at 999. put the game eprom back in and got to the part where you close the door and use the reset key. just stays showing 61-1 after pressing test and closing door. does nothing else. a little about the machine. the door optics have been removed and a toggle switch put in. the grounds are just hanging. there is no validator in the machine. the comparitor is present but wired for "free play" to the change button. i have another machine wired the same and it works fine. i boght this one broke. it is a triple diamond 3 coin if tat makes any dif. i bought the replacementchips of ebay and they are tourney chips. any help is greatly appreciated. i am going to check the reel fuse as i have never seen them move other than that i am lost.
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 01:13:12 AM »

Ok, let's make sure you are doing things in the proper sequence.

You should first get a 61. Then with the door open (however your switch is set to do that) press the self test button to get the 61_1. Next close the door with whatever switch does that, and then turn the reset key.

Since you have a bypass switch for the door, you can try shorting the reset switch when you are supposed to turn the key, in case it is not working. If that doesn't work, you need to make sure the door bypass switch is actually working.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:21:43 AM by poppo » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 03:56:50 AM »

Indeed, make sure the door is fully closed and latched, then turn the jackpot reset key. If it still won't clear, then you may need to get a working set of door optics. I've read about machines that won't get past a 61-1 without working door optics.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
putts5205

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 09:24:25 AM »

the reset switch has been checked for continuity, the toggle that replaced the optic has been checked for continuity, all other door switches have been removed, the candle is alternating flashing though as if there is a door open. i have three other machines wired the same way and they work fine set up this way. this machine was purchased broke so i don't know the history but the original baord had a diode with the leg pulled, i thought they were checking it, is it possible this was the the hackers way of tricking the baord after removing the door switches? Scratch Head
poppo

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 10:05:35 AM »

the reset switch has been checked for continuity, ...

Just to verify, it is a normally open switch and only has continuity when you turn it, and it springs back -correct?

If the door optics or bypass switch is not working, you will never be able to clear the 61_1 (or get the machine to play correctly). Also make sure there are no other switches that are not being closed.

Posting pictures always helps.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 12:36:40 PM »

What SS and SP chips are on the MPU?
I had a weird problem a few times because of a certain chip combo that wouldn't work with
the door optics bypass harness - it would ONLY clear the [61-1] with real door optics installed.
I sure wish I would have kept a note of it.  Duh!

Anyways, once I got the [61-1] to clear with real optics, I removed them and re-installed
the bypass harness and the game worked fine again.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 06:21:28 PM »

I had a weird problem a few times because of a certain chip combo that wouldn't work with
the door optics bypass harness - it would ONLY clear the [61-1] with real door optics installed.

Sounds familiar...   Crazy

If it still won't clear, then you may need to get a working set of door optics. I've read about machines that won't get past a 61-1 without working door optics.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 07:17:15 PM »

rotflmao rotflmao You read too much!  bust gut laughing

ok, okay...I POST too much!!! Cry Laughing
putts5205

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 01:12:43 AM »

Clap THANK YOU STAYOUTTADABUNKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :131-Keep posting too much, your advice worked. applause It absolutely needed the door optics installed, (the bypass switch works once reset but not for set up. I finally ordered them and got them today. The machine did reset and coined up although now I can't get it to play but I am on my way. It stops there. The coin mech is wired to the change button to "add" credits. when I press the spin reels it doesn't play, will check the button and wiring tomorrow. Tired for now. Thanks again and I'll try to pay it forward!
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 02:46:39 AM »

October 3rd is before October 4th.   Tongue Out

...but glad to hear you got your machine up and running.   yes

Congratulations

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 12:38:30 PM »

October 3rd is before October 4th.   Tongue Out

Yeah, but October 4th counted!  bust gut laughing Cry Laughing
Basically everyone told Putts to get a new set of optics and try that...lol
Sounds like his machine is not wired OEM...
Putts, can we see how your coin-in optics under the coin comparitor is wired up?
We may see some anomaly and give you a fix!  yes
Try to use a good camera so we can see the wires real good - cell phone cam doesn't qualify...  Tongue Out
putts5205

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 09:51:37 PM »

ok I tried 3 times to attach a pic. it won't go. But anyhow the change button is wired to the optics board. It is soldered to the bottom (almost edge of the board that faces you when you open the lid. Hope that helps will work on pics again.

Problem #2. It appears to reset, then I press the change button to add "credits" and it does that. It dings each time and counts to 3 in the coins played window but nothing when you hit spin reels or play max credits. Then I shut it off and turn it on and it counts consecutively in the coin played from 3 up each time it is shut off and on and dings as well. Stuck in the menus I guess? Any advice.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 10:26:57 PM »

ok I tried 3 times to attach a pic. it won't go.

What error message(s) are you getting?

An alternate method of adding pictures is:

Visit http://www.tinypic.com/ , click the "Browse..." button to locate a picture on your computer, and then from the "Resize" drop-down box where it says "Default", change that to "15" Screen (800x600)".  Then click the big green "Upload Now" button and you'll be set.

Once the picture uploads, just copy the text labeled "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" and paste it into a post here.

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 10:54:36 PM »

ok I tried 3 times to attach a pic. it won't go.

To attach files and pictures here, make sure that they are within the size limits listed under the attachment textbox (about 3MB each) and that the extension is allowed (also as listed under the textbox.) To add a second attachment, click on the "more attachments link to the right of the "Broswse" button.

If you don't see any of what I'm describing, you're using the dreaded "Quick Reply" instead of the full Reply screen. Click on the Blue Reply button to get there.

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
putts5205

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 08:15:40 PM »

here is the pic

* 101_1216.JPG (1114.35 KB, 4000x3000 - viewed 310 times.)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 10:20:38 PM by StatFreak » Logged
putts5205

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »

Scratch Head OK so I couldn't get it too take the first time then it goes on twice, go figure, I know I know friggin new guy. Anyhow the green area circled is the coin optics board with the red and green wires soldered to the bottom edge. Those wires are routed to the change button. This is the fourth machine I have with this set up and the other three work fine (one has no sound but plays fine) I reset the other triple diamond after a battery change and that went fine so I am somewhat capable.

At one point  I turned this machine on and it gave a 23 in the window? But since then just comes up 61. Then Open the door and press the self test 3 seconds. Dings and goes to 61-1. Close door and reset and goes to 65-3, reset again and goes to 65-1. From there I get conflicting instructions that  I have found on line. Any help is appreciated once again.
poppo

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 08:53:27 PM »

If it's adding the credits, the coin optic mod is working.

Did you try a I/O test on the switches? Maybe this mod needs the original door bypass thing to work.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 09:35:57 PM »

Since some one did that modification they probably disconnected or disabled one of the door optics.
The mod will not work if the machine detects the door closed, you will get a coin in tilt (21)
I am thinking that the machine needs to see the door closed to complete a reset, then re opened before you can play using that mod.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 10:38:44 PM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
putts5205

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 10:42:42 PM »

OK so I'm not the brightest but I did figure it out....somewhat. At some point I unplugged the button harness and forgot because the change/coin button was working. When tracing wires it hit me like a brick. So now all seemed good in the world until I got "21" error. So I will be checking the optics board as I took it apart to take the pic.

Thanks again I'll fill everybody in after I figure out the coin in issue. A word to the wise NEVER bypass the optics, what a pain.
poppo

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 10:58:53 PM »

Since some one did that modification they probably disconnected or disabled one of the door optics.

It originally did have a modified door optic bypass. That is when he could not clear the 61 until he put in the correct optics. So maybe he needs to put it back the way it was now that the 61 is cleared. And he is getting a 21 like you said he would.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 11:05:55 PM by poppo » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 11:00:55 PM »

maybe he needs to put it back he way it was now that the 61 is cleared.
Agree with Post

...but keep those door optics handy for the next time you need to clear a 61 error.

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 11:36:43 PM »

Since I installed a optic bypass on my S+ I have never had to use the optics to clear any error.
Either I had to open the switch (door open), close the switch (door closed) or cycle the switch.
Note the bypass will not function if optics are connected on a S+. 
When I sold the S+ I removed the bypass and reconnected the optics for the person that bought it.

If your bypass is like the ones I saw on eBay a while back (it makes the machine think the door is closed all the time disabling the test switch)
When the mpu door logic detects the door is closed it ignores the attendant (test) switch.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
poppo

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 11:44:16 PM »

Since I installed a optic bypass on my S+ I have never had to use the optics to clear any error.

Apparently he has one of those combinations of chips that won't clear a 61 with a bypass, which was his original problem.

What SS and SP chips are on the MPU?
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2011, 01:47:59 PM »

TEST

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 06:08:21 PM »

TEST

Working now.  Thanks for fixing this thread, Joey.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.