Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 12:59:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  3902 Price Check Key Chip
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3902 Price Check Key Chip  (Read 5064 times)
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 624

« on: October 25, 2011, 10:36:30 PM »

Does anyone know the chip needed to clear the game called "Price Check" on a 3902 board?

I booted the game and I know that the game works, however I have tried a Key 22 and Key 17 but both just cause a red screen.

blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 11:08:32 PM »

No theme determines the Key Chip, the Game Chips do, if you have G0001031 then Key 17 is correct chip for a 3902 CPU, are you sure you are not using a Legacy Adapter in a 044 set up?

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 11:13:37 PM »

100% positive no adapter board -

tomorrow I'll check to make sure my 17 is good.

Thanks for the heads up - now Im going to write this down on the board tray.  I didn't expect to forget so much in a short time.   It's disconcerting.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 11:48:15 PM »

... I didn't expect to forget so much in a short time.   It's disconcerting.

Wait until you first forget something and then can't even remember what it was that you forgot in the first place or why you wanted to remember it, when the first place was less than five minutes ago. Now that's disconcerting, to say the least. muted hissy fit Help frying pan arrow rotflmao rotflmao

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 07:35:18 PM »

OK - Recap of the situation - Just got a new game Price Check -

I put it in the machine (GME1&2 G0001031 with Base I757)  -  It boots - I get the reel screen I can go into the menus - however the base detonation is not set.   
When I put in a Key 17  -  the machine doesn't boot to the key menu - I get a purple screen

I have verified that the key chip has the proper checksum and I also tried a Key 40 - all I get there is a pretty red screen

What gives?

jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 11:34:48 PM »

Really weird stuff guys -    Tried a key 22 and it worked

once.        -  the game booted then crashed and I kept getting SIMM errors

Put in key 22 and red screen again

Now price check has 3 SIMM chips so I swapped 3902 boards and game an key work fine. 

Could the 3rd SIMM socket be bad?
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 33

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 11:41:22 PM »

OK - Recap of the situation - Just got a new game Price Check -

I put it in the machine (GME1&2 G0001031 with Base I757)  -  It boots - I get the reel screen I can go into the menus - however the base detonation is not set.   
When I put in a Key 17  -  the machine doesn't boot to the key menu - I get a purple screen

I have verified that the key chip has the proper checksum and I also tried a Key 40 - all I get there is a pretty red screen

What gives?

Try a Key 22 if you have one. My understanding is the key 17 is for S2000 machines and the key 22 or Key 40 can be used on 3902 IGames

Someone has to be stupid enough to run into a burning building when everyone else is running out !!
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 01:33:50 AM »

Try a Key 22 if you have one. My understanding is the key 17 is for S2000 machines and the key 22 or Key 40 can be used on 3902 IGames

This is Incorrect, The KEY 17 is used on Both I+ and S-2000 games, on I+ it is used on Single Denom and Early Style Multi Denom  (not MD3), the reason the Key 22 is working is because you are using the Clear function and not just the Keychip, the 17 does not have a Clear Function nor any on screen menu

For all degenerate gamblers here who think I am incorrect on the correct Keychip for the Game Chips mentioned above I will give 10 to 1 odds with a $100 minimum bet on your part and provide undeniable proof as soon as funds are received in an impartial persons possession and I will donate winnings to the site

Munch you don't need a Keychip to install software in general, just to change options or clear hard errors, it is just a revelation here to use Clear and Keychips like breathing air (constantly until dead)

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 03:33:52 PM »

Jim is 100% correct

It wasn't until I traded in my s+ for a vision
That I relized that there are two types of
Chips - CLEAR chips and KEY chips

Slotmaster
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 04:27:50 PM »

Jim is correct, however sometimes when swapping games around when you are running thru the jackpot reset key menus and the while button for 2-3 seconds will loop back and stop on "clear required".  That is the only time you need to use it to get a game up and running, also when you want to enable the printer and disable the hopper.   Also needed to change the odds.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.