Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 11:28:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  WMS WILLIAMS. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Small Glass On Door Does NOT Light Up
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Small Glass On Door Does NOT Light Up  (Read 4182 times)
Captain Hook
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 26

« on: October 30, 2011, 05:47:31 PM »

I have a Bluebird Video Slot and the small glass on the door does not light up. It did when I first got the machine but it started to only work sometimes and then eventually it quit all together. I figured it needed a bulb so I put in a new one but that did not help. I then traced the wires back to the ballast and then from the ballast back to the 110volt source. The 110 volts comes from a distribution unit on the bottom against the back wall. It has 3 110volt computer type outlets on it plus several white molex type connectors. 1 of the computer connectors is switched and 
appears to go to a computer style power supply on the bottom under the BV box. The other 2 outlets are live all the time. The White Molex connectors has 1 connector that is live all the time and appears to go up to the Top Box and Power the Top Glass. The rest of the connectors are switched and one of these appears to power the front light. The problem is all of the switched outlets on this distribution unit appear to have the White Wire ABOVE GROUND potential. If I take my meter and measure the voltage from the chassis ground to the black wire on any of the switched outlets I measure 60-70 volts and if I measure from Chassis Ground to the white wire Im getting 40-50 volts. If I measure from black to white I get 120-125 volts. The Computer style power supply doesn't seem to care but the front light wont run like this. The unswitched outlets
seem to measure fine. The white and green are both at ground and the black is 120 volts. Any ideas where the problem is ???
All the power seems to come from a unit in the bottom right rear corner of the cabinet. I suspect this is where the problem is.

Captain Hook
Captain Hook
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 03:53:34 PM »

Bump
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 06:07:31 PM »

This isn't my category, but it's generally bad netiquette to bump a thread that's less than 24 hours old, and it's really unnecessary when it was already the most recent thread in the category.   propeller

Not many of us have Bluebirds to tinker with, so it may take a day or two before someone who has one has the opportunity to see this thread and hopefully help you with the issue you're experiencing with the light on the front door.  yes
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 06:13:10 PM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 06:23:14 PM »

Presently w/power on while checking with a multimeter...how many volts go to the lamps' socket
and what should be the rating of the lamp that goes in there?
Has this socket worked before
and are there any shorts in the wiring harness?
Maybe it's just a bad socket contact?

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 06:28:19 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Captain Hook
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 07:26:25 PM »

I already explained this.
Read message #1

Captain Hook
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 08:21:34 PM »

I already explained this.
Read message #1

Captain Hook

Oh...I thought you were talking about behind the ballasts.
I was suggesting that you check the lamps' socket.
Have you swapped ballasts and power supplies with known good components?
Maybe yours is junk?
Captain Hook
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 09:29:23 PM »

Everything there seems fine. The switched outlets are screwey. There are 3 power wires coming out of the ballasts. The green is at ground potential the white is ABOVE GROUND by 40-50 volts and the black is above ground by 60-70 volts.

I would think that the ground and neutral would be the same.

It seems the white has lost its ground and its getting voltage coming back through something else.

Captain Hook
Captain Hook
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 10:44:07 PM »

Well after some more investigation I have decided that the ballast has to be bad. The machine

has 4 ballast's in it now and 3 are the same and 1 is different. Unfortunately the odd one is the one thats bad.

The front door light is only 6 watts and the top box light is 15 watts. All the ballast's have a Black-White-Green

primary wires. The (3) 15 Watts one's have (2) Reds & (2) Blues on the Secondary but the (1) 6 Watt Ballast

has (1)-Red (1)-Blue  (1)-Yellow & (1) Black Wire.

Where can I get one???

Thanks again

Captain Hook
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 10:59:31 PM »

I'd get on the horn and try phoning all the NLG vendors listed up on top of the homepage.

or/and

Place a WTB ad for your wants in the "Classifieds" section of NLG.
Captain Hook
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 04:52:12 PM »

I was able to plug into an Unused Ballast in the machine and I got the light working.

Thanks for all the help.

You can close out this thread.

Captain Hook
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.