Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:17:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  SIGMA Video Games.
| | |-+  Sigma 1700 boot issues
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sigma 1700 boot issues  (Read 2882 times)
cusackmusic
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: November 28, 2011, 12:11:12 AM »

I have a Sigma Game of Life that has a boot issue.  I bought it broken, and fixed several other things, and now i have it to the point that it boots.  The issues is it finds the CD rom drive, then it boots and says "Unkown Flash Type" and then "Invalid System Disc".  Does it boot from the CD, and if so, how do I get it to boot from CD?  It does show the CD as the Primary master, and the "MS" jumper is on the drive.  The Disc On Chip looks like it was removed, and the leads are all bent up.  They are all there, and seem to be making contact.  I only say that, because I'm not sure if it boots from that or the CD.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 311

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 04:25:19 PM »

Are you sure it has the right PLCC chips in,and in the right place? Did you replace the cd drive? The PLCC chip and the cd MUST match. Yes,it boots from the cd
cusackmusic
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 11:43:27 AM »

PLCC chips appear to be correct, and I have tried a different CD ROM.  It does not appear to even try to access the CD ROM.  When it says insert disc and press any key to retry, I do not see the activity light on the CD do anything.  That's what made me thing it was trying to boot from something else.  Maybe I'll try a different CD ROM drive.  The one I tried was newer, but it seemed to be found at power up.  The Boot Order is set to A, C, so that made me think the chipondisc was A, and it was trying to boot from that.  Or should the boot order be C,A?  I can't seem to change any BIOS settings to try that anyway.

Thanks,

Jon
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 311

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 02:27:09 PM »

It was only a few things that you could change in the Bios...been 2 yrs since I've played in there. One of my cd drives I needed to replace, and I had to try like 7 diff ones before I found one that would work. All of them were found at start up  What does your LED say on the board. The boot order is A,C . It reads some off the DOC ,then the cd starts to load
paul
paul
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 01:42:01 AM »

also on the plcc chips if they are flash type they wont work
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.