Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:18:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  New user, looks like a great forum Few questions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New user, looks like a great forum Few questions  (Read 3672 times)
Nascar Fan
« on: December 09, 2011, 04:14:50 PM »

Hi to all. I have had a few older machines in the past and yesterday picked up two Bally 6000's and an IGT unknown model right now.
I know the 6000's need to be worked on as the guy that sold them gave me two clearing chips. With these machines, will the hopper pay out or is this a printer only deal? They all have hoppers. I know I will need to get a manual for them and plan on doing this ASAP. I just haven't had the chance to plug in the bally's yet to see what they do. Any advise before i get started? I'm an electrical tech by trade and can burn and read chips in I need to. I just need info. Thanks for any help offered.
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 05:31:05 PM »

You've Got Mail

NLG Welcome  More info. on games.  Please Post Pictures
Ford
Nascar Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 06:24:51 PM »

Looks like trouble on both. Blazing 7 has an "88FF" code in left window and dot dot something the the other. It is a system 6000.
The other is a triple 7 and it is clean as a pin inside. Speaker gives a copyright message on boot and then just a flashing red led on the cpu with on codes on readouts. I swapped cpu's with each other and the same error, flashing light followed the cpu's.

My crappy IGT touchscreen is nasty inside and gives 3 error messages. Touchscreen error, bill vald. error & printer error.
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 06:30:14 PM »

I send you a personal message .
You will have to do a clear & after that it might come up that your battery is dead.
This might help till you get manual.
 Click on attachment @ bottom

* Bally_6000_Codes.doc (32 KB - downloaded 462 times.)
Nascar Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 08:12:05 PM »

I checked battery voltage and it is 3.2 on one and 2.4 on the other. Tried the ram clear with the chips I have and didn't do anything like the machine did on the video of the reset I watched. Maybe bad clear chips. What does the flashing led on the cpu mean? no codes on the front of one and 88FF on the other.
paul
paul
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 01:22:56 AM »

Battery 2.4v is to low is that the board with flashing lite
Nascar Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 08:38:36 AM »

Battery 2.4v is to low is that the board with flashing lite

Orginally it was the board with 88FF that had the low battery. Now after the clear attempt, both are flashing. All 28/43 chips seated correct without bent pins. I'll throw at new battery in the low board later today and try the clear again. Thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.