Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:16:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Unable to Ram Clear S6000
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unable to Ram Clear S6000  (Read 12654 times)
Slots_007
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« on: December 17, 2011, 01:39:08 AM »

Well, Tried a ram clear today...Here's what happened:

Installed U43/U28 Ram Clear chips on the board, seated them properly without any problem  Hail
Power the machine on and and (from what I read) the reels should initialize, they didn't initialize and nothing shown in LED readouts.
OKAY, So I tried holding Test/Pseudo Coin while powering it on...SAME THING! No reel movement and nothing coming up in the front led readouts!

AGGG!

Am I doing something wrong?

coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 02:27:57 AM »

Installed U43/U28 Ram Clear chips on the board, seated them properly without any problem  Hail
Power the machine on and and (from what I read) the reels should initialize, they didn't initialize and nothing shown in LED readouts.
OKAY, So I tried holding Test/Pseudo Coin while powering it on...SAME THING! No reel movement and nothing coming up in the front led readouts!

AGGG!

Press and hold test and psudo coin, turn on machine and continue holding the buttons until you see CH in the display.

Do you get this far???

Also does the machine work otherwise or are attempting the clear as part of a fix for a problem??
Slots_007
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 03:12:30 AM »

Installed U43/U28 Ram Clear chips on the board, seated them properly without any problem  Hail

AGGG!

Press and hold test and psudo coin, turn on machine and continue holding the buttons until you see CH in the display.

Do you get this far???

Also does the machine work otherwise or are attempting the clear as part of a fix for a problem??

Hi!

I held them down for well over a minute and nothing appears in any of the three displays. It all started with a bent leg on U43 (the original chip) which caused the flashing red reset light on the MPU board.

Also, When I hold the buttons down and power on the machine, the reset light keeps flashing.

Reels do not move at start-up, machine plays the bally copyright message and reels become energized but do not move. No data in display and turning reset key, etc. hasn't helped. Can't even turn candle light on or off from the player panel and no lit buttons.

I'm puzzled

HAVE I FRIED THE BOARD???
Slots_007
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 03:23:19 AM »

HERE IS A VID OF THE MACHINE WITH ME TRYING TO CLEAR THE RAM...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vni9j5V70WQ&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/vni9j5V70WQ&rel=0</a>

???
CYRIL1973

Total Karma Storms: 10

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 09:16:20 AM »

Your clear chips are corrupt.
Slots_007
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 09:38:57 AM »

Your clear chips are corrupt.

WOW! I'm gonna get another set.

Any good sources for them?
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 02:26:04 PM »

What is the number of your MAINS on the CPU board?...Some mains do not require clear chips...maybe you can post a photo of your Eprom chips  Please Post Pictures
Also, did the machine ever work for you or are you trying to fix one you just got?
JOHN42355
Rudys Gaming And Electronics LLC.
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 168

RudysDeals.com Gaming and Electronic Parts

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 05:07:55 PM »

Just Wondering if you flipped the dip switch #8 over. I didn't read anythingabout that to clear your 6000. Hope this helps...

Discount Gaming Supplies And Free Manual Downloads At RudysDeals.com
Slots_007
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 09:25:08 PM »

OK, Here's the deal...The machine worked fine when I got it, changed a dip switch setting (The "crazy reels" option) that according to the bally manual requires a ram clear. I removed the 2 chips and realized I didn't have the proper clear chips, I checked the board and I powered the machine on with a DAMAGED U43 chip (the originals mains chip) as the legs were bent...Aggg! After this happened, the display showed nothing and reels wouldn't move.

A member on here helped me recover the chip Smiley

So last night I attempted the clear again (with a set of clear chips) and nothing happened, nothing in the display window...no codes...no nothing!

Today my new U43 chip arrived...I installed the chip and here's the new problem!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VM4VvmDKyfY&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/VM4VvmDKyfY&rel=0</a>

-Ignore the static noise, it's a radio in the background...-

EVERY LIGHT IS FLASHING, IT'S LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE! LOL
HELD THE RESET BUTTON, NOTHING. TURNED THE RESET KEY, NOTHING. OPENED/CLOSED THE DOOR, NOTHING.

Slots_007
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 11:20:40 PM »

What is the number of your MAINS on the CPU board?...Some mains do not require clear chips...maybe you can post a photo of your Eprom chips  Please Post Pictures
Also, did the machine ever work for you or are you trying to fix one you just got?

Hi, Here are some some pics SmileySmileySmiley
I have the 2 main chips pictured, I didn't have them installed when pic was ken. If you need additional pics please let me know  wave.

Slots_007
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 11:50:04 PM »

Just Wondering if you flipped the dip switch #8 over. I didn't read anythingabout that to clear your 6000. Hope this helps...

The one dip switch (DS1) isn't like any dip switch I've seen before...

No small switches to move with a screwdriver like on a computer, jut a gray block with a small piece of wire closing up DS1 SW# 8
Any suggestions???

Thanks John!
b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 40

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 12:46:55 AM »

Are you sure your putting the mains back in correctly, the picture shown with the writing on the chips but the chips are in the opposite direction, the chips must be put in the correct way with the notches in the same direction pointing to the rear of the board. When the machine does the "blinkys" that usually means the clear didn't take or a corrupted chip.

The bad news is if you put the chip in backward....its smoked
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 12:57:14 AM by b5srt » Logged
Slots_007
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 01:22:41 AM »

Are you sure your putting the mains back in correctly, the picture shown with the writing on the chips but the chips are in the opposite direction, the chips must be put in the correct way with the notches in the same direction pointing to the rear of the board. When the machine does the "blinkys" that usually means the clear didn't take or a corrupted chip.

The notch shown on the board should match the notch on the chip, correct? If so, they would be in correct. I was always told to make sure the notch on the chip is matched with the notch on the board (same direction)???

That's the same position as when I pulled them. If I hold the reset button down the lights stop flashing but when I let go it starts flashing again. I if switch back to the ram clear mains the machine doesn't do anything, the red light blinks next to the reset button but with the original mains installed the red light no longer comes on!

The extra set of U28/U43 shown on the board below the ram clear chips are not installed..just wanted to get them in the photo so the writing was visible.

JOHN42355
Rudys Gaming And Electronics LLC.
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 168

RudysDeals.com Gaming and Electronic Parts

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 01:24:52 AM »

If you see DS1 , You have a knock out block there. You might want to replace that with dip switches so you can flip the #8 to do the ram Clear.It is always easier to do changes with dip switches then to have knock outs. Hope this helps.

Discount Gaming Supplies And Free Manual Downloads At RudysDeals.com
Slots_007
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 01:40:03 AM »

If you see DS1 , You have a knock out block there. You might want to replace that with dip switches so you can flip the #8 to do the ram Clear.It is always easier to do changes with dip switches then to have knock outs. Hope this helps.

YEP! I have switches coming from a electronics supply co. in FL, Tried knocking it out and doing the reset...Same thing.

When the switches come in I'll try that. I'll also try another set of chips. If that doesn't work...We know it's the board Sad
b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 01:47:08 AM »

The notch shown on the board should match the notch on the chip, correct? If so, they would be in correct. I was always told to make sure the notch on the chip is matched with the notch on the board (same direction)???

That's the same position as when I pulled them. If I hold the reset button down the lights stop flashing but when I let go it starts flashing again. I if switch back to the ram clear mains the machine doesn't do anything, the red light blinks next to the reset button but with the original mains installed the red light no longer comes on!

The extra set of U28/U43 shown on the board below the ram clear chips are not installed..just wanted to get them in the photo so the writing was visible.

Thats correct, the notches go the same way as the board. I would do another clear with clear chips, not the leave in type. Make sure you are pressing firmly on the test and the pseudo buttions when you turn the power on. Hold them in untill you see CH C in the win paid window on the door, then release them, you should get CL C if succesfull.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:36:42 PM by b5srt » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 01:53:23 AM »

That's the same position as when I pulled them.

If you meant the two chips on the black ESD foam...then, you've installed
the U43 backwards I'm afraid.
The notch on the U43 on the foam is pointed to the right
when the chips in the two sockets onboard are both pointed to the left.

* slots_007s Bally 6000 chips.jpg (463.67 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 366 times.)
paul
paul
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 02:08:18 AM »

can you show a complete picture of that board somthing is not right chips are different
b5srt
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 02:14:58 AM »

another thing to check is look at the pins at the end of the board where they plugs into the back board, make sure none are bent.
Slots_007
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 02:40:29 AM »

That's the same position as when I pulled them.

If you meant the two chips on the black ESD foam...then, you've installed
the U43 backwards I'm afraid.
The notch on the U43 on the foam is pointed to the right
when the chips in the two sockets onboard are both pointed to the left.

Not the chips in the foam! They were put in the machine correctly but not correctly in the storage foam when I photographed it Smiley

Aren't the chips in the socket in the correct position? I thought notch-to-notch was correct??? I know the chips in the foam holder are incorrectly positioned.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2011, 03:21:20 AM »

The chip installed look alright.
Doesn't mean they're any good though...
You might want to put them in a reader/programmer
and see if the checksums are correct.

You may be able to verify your checksums with
the Bally 6000 list in the sticky thread.
It should be listed in the 1st thread in the Bally reel games forum?

ADD>>> I just looked...I don't see the checksums listed in there... bawling
Slots_007
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2011, 03:34:50 AM »

Ahhh, Maybe I should invest in a Eeprom reader someday Smiley

Don't have any chip tools right now, been enlisting the service of another member for chip work Smiley

Tomorrow I'm supposed to get a call from someone and see if the reset can be done without the dips. Let's hope that will fix this machine.

-Mike
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2011, 11:19:41 AM »

This is key - 

You really have to know if your chips are OK- otherwise you will drive yourself crazy checking all different things that will do absolutely nothing with bad chips.   I've had chips get scrambled just taking them in and out the a machine.  Static electricity is evil.

You also may want to fall back to a last known good working state.   You said you flipped a jumper for the crazy reels.  - Try putting that back and do a clear - once you know you can do a clear properly and easily, then start having fun with the options.   
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.