Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2024, 08:58:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 Test button will not do anything
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 Test button will not do anything  (Read 3552 times)
SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« on: December 21, 2011, 10:39:48 PM »

I have a question.  On a S2000 machine.  Power it up it seems to go through the normal test display, memory and then netplex (when the netplex parts comes on there is a little garble from the speakers) I dont know if that is normal but that isnt my big concern

The LED's on the processor all go out.  When hitting the TEST button the display does not change.  Typically hitting it will bring up accounting.

What puzzles me is the test button is direct to the board so there is no wires that I could imagine being loose and the display is directly from the board and that is giving clear information.

Any ideas?
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 11:00:28 PM »

Does the machine completely boot and is ready to play when you're pressing the test button, or is it not booting?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 11:28:24 PM »

Hitting the Test button does NOT bring up accounting - turning the reset key does.
SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 11:44:51 PM »

When I hit the button 1 time it says accounting.  4 times goes in to i/o tests.  I may not be exact on the accounting term but it is something close.

knagl, it is not ready to play because "stacker door open" and "M Door open" are up.  I may not be exact on the wording.  The emitter doesnt seem to be working but when I was able to get in to the processor tests if I shine a light on the receiver I do go from 0 to 1.  I was able to at least get in to the test screen but when i hit the test button nothing at all changes now.

PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 11:53:19 PM »

Is this a machine that was built or was a working machine?.  S-2000 covers a lot of diff. platforms etc. such as enhanced--bonus games etc.  What are you working on?  Thanks B.
SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 12:06:40 AM »

One that I just picked up. Not too versed on the S2000 but the processor says super stepper if that helps. I can give more info when I get back to the office.
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 12:17:57 AM »

It's a processor,wiring,or incorrect componets in machine--That does not help much I know.  The error codes are etched in the memory.  Check ALL the wiring and esp. the connectors for proper placement and fit.  Since it's a new arrival and you never seen it work --Take NOTHING for granted on it being orginal and not altered.  Pulsing from 1to0 is a good thing on certain switches etc. you can veiw.  Door optics pulse in milli-seconds-(door and cab.).  I have seen many strange things so when you dig a little deeper on this game it should be an easy fix with you forwarding info/pics.  Thanks-B,  -------- Merry Christmas.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 02:49:21 AM »

There's a wire crossed on the button switches somewhere...most
likely the "Spin" button.

I just re-enacted your problem on my machine.
If any of the input wire tabs from the switches are crossed with a lamp tab -
the machine will not accept the "Spin" button commands and the button will not "turn the page" or allow you to enter the option.

When I switched it back...I was able to use my "Spin" button to enter the option if I wanted to.

Somebody crossed some wires under the deck before you got it.

Basically what is going on is that your MPU is sensing a closed deck button circuit
when in fact all of them need to be in an "open" state in order for the MPU to accept the "Spin" button command.

Are any of your buttons "stuck"?
Look under the deck and make sure every button micro-switch
and wire tabs are in the right place.
SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 06:01:51 PM »

*****Fixed and Followup*****

Ok, got it going.  I took a look at the 3.6v battery and there was a little corrosion, not too much that I could see.  Considering that I have a assortment of batterys on hand I decided to change it (even though it had 3.6v) and what do you know, underneath the batt was some acid corrosion.

I cleaned the acid, soldered two traces and VOILÀ, it worked!!!

Moral of the story, even though it looks ok on the outside CHECK IT ANYWAY!!!

Once again, thanks for the replys.  Hopefully this post helps the next guy!!!

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 06:27:07 PM »

Hey, glad you got it working, and thanks for posting your solution.   Clap

As you said, it could help the next person running into a similar issue.  yes

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 07:33:56 PM »

The only thing I can think of now is that when you pressed the Test button -
jolting the MPU sometimes allowed the broken trace under the leaking battery to continue the circuit,  other times it didn't.

Weird...at least by finding & soldering the traces, it's working again.
This is a good thread on a possible fix should one have some sort of intermittent reaction when pressing buttons.
Normally,  intermittent machine response/actions are a cause of a bad and/or partly shorted ground connection somewhere.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.