Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:25:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  IGT i960-Touch screen comm failure
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT i960-Touch screen comm failure  (Read 5838 times)
GDWtech
« on: January 02, 2012, 02:14:24 PM »

Stays with machine, swapped monitor to another identical machine...?
Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 03:48:22 PM »

Try removing the bill validator and see if the touchscreen error clears. They're both netplex devices and the bill validator can sometimes cause the touch screen comm failure error.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 07:15:26 PM »

Couple of years ago I had this same error on two Game Kings, turned out to be the same trace burn on both mother boards. Soldered in a jumper wire and fixed both of them.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 07:34:27 PM »

Couple of years ago I had this same error on two Game Kings, turned out to be the same trace burn on both mother boards. Soldered in a jumper wire and fixed both of them.

That sounds like a trace too small for the load it takes...good fix Buzz!  applause
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 12:46:58 AM »

Try removing the bill validator and see if the touchscreen error clears. They're both netplex devices and the bill validator can sometimes cause the touch screen comm failure error.

same goes for the printer as well if you have one in your machine.  are you sure the machine is reading the door closed?  tilts usually don't clear until the main door is closed; wouldn't hurt to open close 3 or 4 times.  did you move the touch screen controller when you swapped the monitor?  if not i would start there. yes
if the issue isn't with the touch screen controller, touch screen itself or any of the other netplex devices (BV & printer) then you may be looking at a bad mpu.  check wire harnesses to be sure and double-check that the connectors on the touch screen controller are correctly orientated; i've accidentally turned the 2 wire power plug around after pulling the connector off of the board by accident.  good luck! lightning bolt

i had a similar situation a few years back when someone mixed up some GK and S2000 trays.  we put some GK mpu's on S2000 trays by mistake and learned the hard way the there's a post for a screw that makes contact with one of the solder joints on the back of the board.  on those ones it burned a trace on the mpu not the motherboard and caused a bunch of tilts that didn't make any sense. Duh!

Now You're Techin'!!!
GDWtech
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 02:06:37 PM »

Thanks everyone...We'll try it again today!
GDWtech
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 01:34:56 PM »

Apparently the problem was that the Tovis monitor and the Kortek monitor were not interchangeable on this platform...

Thanks again everyone for your help...
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 06:06:58 PM »

Apparently the problem was that the Tovis monitor and the Kortek monitor were not interchangeable on this platform...

Thanks again everyone for your help...

Scratch Head really?  i recall having both Tovis and Kortek 19" CRT monitors in our IGames & GameKings.  did your game have the 19 or 25 pin plug for the monitor?  back when we were all CRT i did hundreds of monitor repairs over the years and i know that we had both Tovis and Kortek in our IGT games.  i'm not doubting your solution i'm just trying to learn more myself!!  thanks for following up with the fix for us all.  +1 (Karma, or whatever)

Now You're Techin'!!!
GDWtech
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 04:18:34 PM »

19 or 25 pin is a good question and one I didn't check. I'll look into that...I greatly appreciate all the great feedback!
Mirage_Chaser

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 04:32:03 PM »

I have had the same problem and its not that they are tovis or kortek it is the touch screen controller that they use. We had this happen a lot when we made the switch from crt to lcd. Some came from the factory with different screens then the ones we converted.

I want to win by winning... (J. Lemos)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.