Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:20:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Can't clear 61 error code
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can't clear 61 error code  (Read 6680 times)
Jacell3
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: January 04, 2012, 10:26:36 PM »

I have tried clearing the error code but it just doesn't clear out .....does this mean that the eprom is bad ?
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 10:56:45 PM »

I have tried clearing the error code but it just doesn't clear out .....does this mean that the eprom is bad ?

Are you sure you are doing it right?

1. With door open, press the self test button until it changes to 61_1.
2. Close the door AND latch it.
3. Turn the jackpot reset key.

If that does not work, with power off, pull the MPU board out and carefully remove the CMOS chip. Then replace it, and try again.

There is also a possibility that your door optics are not working, but the above first.
Jacell3

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 10:59:18 PM »

I did that and now it is stuck on 65_0 and will not clear from that error
poppo

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 11:03:51 PM »

I did that and now it is stuck on 65_0 and will not clear from that error

If you have not already (since I edited my post), try pulling the CMOS again. A 65_0 does not always mean the EEPROM is actually bad (just that it failed to read/write in the alloted time). Pulling the CMOS will clear the 'flag' and force it to try again.  If it continues, then it's probably bad.
Jacell3

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 11:12:15 PM »

ok i took it out it cleared for a second and then went to error code 61
poppo

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 11:16:56 PM »

ok i took it out it cleared for a second and then went to error code 61

That is normal - unless you can't clear the 61. Are you following the directions above? If so, what part does not work? You may be stuck in the 61 loop and may need to do a clear. But let's make sure first.
Jacell3

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 11:20:59 PM »

When i do the reset it goes to 61_1 then i close the door and turn the reset key it goes back to 65_0.
poppo

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 12:02:03 AM »

When i do the reset it goes to 61_1 then i close the door and turn the reset key it goes back to 65_0.

Sounds like the EEPROM is indeed bad. Do you have a clear chip? Does your machine have a Bill Validator? If you have a clear, you might want to try it just for the heck of it. If you have a BV, you will probably need a set chip too when you replace the EEPROM or motherboard.

The EEPROM is on the motherboard (the board the MPU plugs into). Best to put a socket in when you replace the chip. You might be able to find a replacement motherboard, but if you can't, I can send you an EEPROM. Since you have to pull the motherboard out anyway, might check to make sure there is nothing shorting anything out (i.e. a coin).

Click to enlarge

* mb.jpg (276.47 KB, 1264x636 - viewed 312 times.)
Jacell3

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 12:09:39 AM »

It does not have a bill validator...I don't have a clear chip...How much would it cost for a EEPROM? Is it hard to put a new socket in?  Thanks so much for all your help so far.
poppo

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 12:13:24 AM »

If you feel that you can remove the 8 pin chip and install a socket (or know someone who can), I can just sent you a EEPROM (free). The socket is not a necessity, but makes life easier.
Jacell3

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 12:21:52 AM »

I may know someone that can do it...thanks so much
markmaes1
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 12:35:21 AM »

:205-Newbie here too, I have a IGT s+ hot peppers..with a sp1048 game chip...I also have a hard fault code 61 that keeps returning...I have tried all your suggestions but no joy..Do you think my chip is failed? yes I do have a validator.......Thanks   Mark
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 12:38:50 AM »

:205-Newbie here too, I have a IGT s+ hot peppers..with a sp1048 game chip...I also have a hard fault code 61 that keeps returning...I have tried all your suggestions but no joy..Do you think my chip is failed? yes I do have a validator.......Thanks   Mark

Sounds like the dreaded [61] looop.
Time to get yourself a SET chip for your SP1048 (SET058 is the one that particular chip needs but just about any SETchip will enable your bill acceptor....normally called a DBV (Dollar Bill Validator on the S+ platform) and a Clear chip.
Place a WTB (Wanted To Buy) ad in the Classifieds section of NLG for these items
and someone will get in touch with you.
deanwaters
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 11

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 01:13:37 AM »

I had the exact same problem after I replaced the battery in my S+ (was getting a "12" error code, telling me bad battery).  Got stuck in the "61", "61 1", "65" loop.  Used a CLEAR chip and a SET chip and was able to get my problems to go away.  Chips themselves weren't bad, but couldn't get passed the problem without doing the CLEAR/SET thing.

markmaes1
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 01:27:52 PM »

Thank you very much
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.