Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:28:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Game King Software - Chip Sets & Configurations
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game King Software - Chip Sets & Configurations  (Read 6723 times)
Al Jr
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: January 13, 2012, 01:41:36 PM »

Hello All, I am hoping you guys could help me understand the Game King software sets a biit more.  First let me say, I have been digging more and more into my first machine, reading manuals I found on here and trying to get a solid grasp on my machine while having a great time tinkering with it.  I have a Game King / I game with what looks like a Game King 4.3 software installed on a 3902 board.  I am interested to understand how the chips in the Game King software sets interface.  For example I understand there are Base, GME, and PXL chips on my board containing my Game King 3.0 program, but I am unsure if these chips are always changed in sets to change the software?  For example if I want to go to Game King 4.3P it seems obvious to me I would get that entire set of chips, but are you able to change 1 chip to say add games, or change payback percentage options?  I assume this may not be possible if the software only can be installed as a matched set of chips which is why I am asking.

Also, is there anyplace or anyone that could help me get the PSRs for the different Game King software setups available for my board?  I believe that would be 3.0 4.0 4.3 5.0 & 5.3 from what I have read.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 02:18:52 PM by Al Jr » Logged
Al Jr

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 02:18:17 PM »

Still looking for more information about changing payouts and information as I mentioned, but I wanted to provide some more information.

My Game King Software has the following versions:

Game Program Set Version: G0000788
Configuration Program Version: M0000529
Video EPROM Set Version: C0000351

My Game Setup previously made me beleive I had a Game King 4.3 Lotta Slots version software, but it appears I am missing 1 game from the lists I see online for Lotta Slots.  I have 29 available games it seems, and the difference is my software dosen't have "Loose Deuce Poker".  I also haven't been able to match up the M0000529 chip to any software versions to confirm which Game King set I have.  Any help with this would be awesome!

My available games are:

Bonus Poker
Deuces Wild Poker
Double Bonus Poker
Jacks or Better Poker
Joker Poker
ACE$ Bonus Poker
Bonus Poker Deluxe
Double Double Bonus Poker
Deuces Wild Bonus Poker
Double Deuce Poker
Triple Bonus Poker Plus
ShockWave Poker
Keno
4-Card Keno
Super Keno
Caveman Keno
Triple Diamond Keno
Top-Bottom Keno
3-6-9 Way Keno
2-4-6 Way Keno
Super Way Keno
Black Rhino Slot
Super 8 Line Slot
Diamond Mine Slot
Double Bucks Slot
Wild Flower Slot
Lion Fish Slot
Super 8 Race Slot
Blackjack

* GK Version.jpg (1652.3 KB, 3264x1952 - viewed 533 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 03:39:41 PM »

I own a Game King, but don't know a ton about how the software works.

I can offer you a couple of tidbits:

- There's another slot game called "On The Prowl", a theme involving a dog, that appears in some of the GK 4.x sets.  My enhanced audio board contains the .wav files for the game, but my software does not.  On its face, the software I have looks pretty similar to yours, although I know I do have Loose Deuces as an option.

- As far as payback percentage and setting it, there are actually multiple payback percentages available with the chips you already have.  You must use a keychip to be able to enter the advanced menus to change the program(s) assigned to the denomination(s) enabled on your machine.  I know that there's a glitch on the software version that I have which requires a full clear to run the keychip (meaning on my machine I must clear all of the settings and start from scratch any time I want to change a payback percentage or assign games to a specific denomination -- needless to say, I don't do that often!).  The software should allow you to just run the keychip operation and make changes to your existing setup.  When you're in the advanced keychip-enabled menus, the machine will show you the payback percentage programs that are available to choose from.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Al Jr

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 04:55:16 PM »

Knagl,

Thanks for the info!  I have been able to get my key chip to work properly and access the different paybacks, but the options on mine seem very limited.   For example on Jacks or Better video poker I have 3 payback percentages I can select and the highest is P1042A - 97.3%.  What I am interested in is how I get one of the higher paybacks available for that game such as P1041A - 99.5%.

Thanks again for the help,
Al
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 07:51:26 PM »

the options on mine seem very limited.   For example on Jacks or Better video poker I have 3 payback percentages I can select and the highest is P1042A - 97.3%.  What I am interested in is how I get one of the higher paybacks available for that game such as P1041A - 99.5%.

Hmm.  It's something in the chipset you have, then -- my software allows me a much bigger range of paytables to choose from.  I'm pretty green on the Game King platform, though, and don't know if you need to change all of the relevant chips, or just a couple of them to get different paytables.  Hopefully someone else will chime in with some knowledge.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
thegambler327
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 109

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 10:42:43 PM »

ok im in kinda the same boat.Just bought a game king.Im guessing i have the 4.0-4.3 has the same games with that on the prowl game.I wanna change a few games and set up a progressive on my poker games.I have both the 17 and the 22 key chip so which is the right 1? and would it go where the base chip is?
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 11:35:01 PM »

Knagl,

Thanks for the info!  I have been able to get my key chip to work properly and access the different paybacks, but the options on mine seem very limited.   For example on Jacks or Better video poker I have 3 payback percentages I can select and the highest is P1042A - 97.3%.  What I am interested in is how I get one of the higher paybacks available for that game such as P1041A - 99.5%.

Thanks again for the help,
Al

need a different base chip   m0000526

pm me

20 bucks for simple repairs, 30 if you watch, and 50 if you open your mouth.
roboto

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 12:20:03 PM »

Hello All, I am hoping you guys could help me understand the Game King software sets a biit more.  First let me say, I have been digging more and more into my first machine, reading manuals I found on here and trying to get a solid grasp on my machine while having a great time tinkering with it.  I have a Game King / I game with what looks like a Game King 4.3 software installed on a 3902 board.  I am interested to understand how the chips in the Game King software sets interface.  For example I understand there are Base, GME, and PXL chips on my board containing my Game King 3.0 program, but I am unsure if these chips are always changed in sets to change the software?  For example if I want to go to Game King 4.3P it seems obvious to me I would get that entire set of chips, but are you able to change 1 chip to say add games, or change payback percentage options?  I assume this may not be possible if the software only can be installed as a matched set of chips which is why I am asking.

Also, is there anyplace or anyone that could help me get the PSRs for the different Game King software setups available for my board?  I believe that would be 3.0 4.0 4.3 5.0 & 5.3 from what I have read.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

you have v4. 0 and need a base chip for another region if you want to adjust the limits

Bigger is better unless its a tumor.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.