Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:38:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  What type of printer will work in a Bally S6000
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What type of printer will work in a Bally S6000  (Read 4956 times)
kibble
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 16

« on: October 25, 2011, 08:51:34 PM »

I believe my printer is dead and would like to know what kind of printer I can put in the bally cash wheel. Does it need to be a Gen2  PSA -66 or do i have other options?
I see several types of printers for sale on line but don't want to by one that wont work.

Thanks, K    garfield
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 10:16:40 PM »

what type of printer is in it now?  easiest fix would be to get another of the same type with the same firmware on it so you could avoid any ram clearing or reprogramming to get the new printer and machine to "talk" to each other.

Now You're Techin'!!!
opman
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 74

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 11:33:07 PM »

Can probably use a Seiko printer with rs232 board.
kibble
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 12:02:15 AM »

what type of printer is in it now?

it is a gen2 PSA-66-ST2R when I turn it on all 4 lights are on How do I tell what firmware is on the printer? frying pan
K
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 02:37:09 AM »

How do I tell what firmware is on the printer? frying pan

I think that info would be on a "Test" print page.
Firebird
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 11:24:37 PM »

That info should also be on a sticker on the side of the printer, it will be shown as GRUSA*****. The asterisks are the actual numbers for the firmware. I think the firmware on the gen2 for bally is GRUSA4100, but not sure.
kibble
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 10:58:35 PM »

Wow almost 4 days without electricity and my slots, thanks for all the info on my  printer I will be posting a WTB after I try one more time to see if i can get the printer to work.  Cry Laughing
kforeman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 10:18:34 PM »

what type of printer is in it now?

it is a gen2 PSA-66-ST2R when I turn it on all 4 lights are on How do I tell what firmware is on the printer? frying pan
K

if all 4 led's are stuck on then the printer motherboard is probably locked up.  usually happens when someone prematurely disconnects the printer from the computer when loading new firmware.  you could try to get the version by powering your game down, press and hold the feed button on the printer, power your machine back up and the printer should feed out a ticket with lotsa info on it; including the firmware version.  since it sounds like the printer is locked up this may not work.
you could send the printer in to one of the vendors at the top of the page to get reflashed but i've had Gen2 printers that wont accept a flash once they're locked up.  i've also heard that attempting to load Gen1 firmware onto a locked up Gen2 will clear the error and allow the printer to be reflashed with the correct Gen2 firmware; i've never tried this though so i can't say for sure if it works.  one of the vendors could probably hook you up with a new printer as well!
good luck  waving flag

Now You're Techin'!!!
kibble
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 09:53:17 PM »

is the firmware available available on the web? I need GRUSA4100
if not does any one know any of the vendors that flash these printers
kforeman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 06:49:28 PM »

is the firmware available available on the web? I need GRUSA4100
if not does any one know any of the vendors that flash these printers

i honestly don't know if you can get the firmware and FLI program to flash it from the web anywhere.  as a slot tech i can get them directly from Happ without cost.  the other thing you will need to do it yourself is the interface cable from your laptop to the printer and a power supply for the printer.

i suggest sending some emails and PM's to the vendors to see who can do it for you and who may have a replacement printer if you end up needing it.  yes good luck!

Now You're Techin'!!!
PSVD

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 02:52:47 AM »

para descargar el firmware usa el FLI Downloader, si los cuatro led están encendidos es por una mala actualización. Intenta rehacer el proceso nuevamente y trata de no interrumpirla.
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 02:27:02 AM »

para descargar el firmware usa el FLI Downloader, si los cuatro led están encendidos es por una mala actualización. Intenta rehacer el proceso nuevamente y trata de no interrumpirla.
Gracias,
in english is "to download the firmware uses the Downloader FLI, if four LEDs are lit for a bad update. Try to redo the process again and tries not to interrupt."

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.