Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:30:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Pixel Memory SIMM-GameKing
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pixel Memory SIMM-GameKing  (Read 2528 times)
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« on: January 21, 2012, 02:32:31 PM »

Hello to all again,
Question, I have a IGT gameking and was looking at the mother board and noticed that there are 3 slots for SIMM boards.   In the manual one is for a "Pixel Memory SIMM".  What does that mean and is it required to have.  Mine does not and so far it seems to work.  I just got it and have not completely gone thru all the games yet to see if it is completely working.   On a seperate note, does anyone have a "GameKing" top piece of glass for a flat top upright and/or the lower mounting bracket with or without printer slot?.
Thanks in advance,
Jimmy
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 07:26:34 PM »

Hello to all again,
Question, I have a IGT gameking and was looking at the mother board and noticed that there are 3 slots for SIMM boards.   In the manual one is for a "Pixel Memory SIMM".  What does that mean and is it required to have.  Mine does not and so far it seems to work.  I just got it and have not completely gone thru all the games yet to see if it is completely working.   On a seperate note, does anyone have a "GameKing" top piece of glass for a flat top upright and/or the lower mounting bracket with or without printer slot?.
Thanks in advance,
Jimmy

Jimmy,

Yes it is possible to have a Game King Game that does not use that SIMM. A "Pixel Memory SIMM" (or more than one) is used in some games for graphics.  Someone may be able to tell for sure if you give us your Base (Mxxxxxxx) and Game (Gxxxxxxx) chip numbers. There are versions of GK that are Eprom only... Is there a MMLII daughter card sound board with a SIMM on it, or a MMLI with Eproms on it? If you have one of those boards is there a CG SIMM (Larger size than the other SIMMS) in a socket under that board on the MPU? If yes what is the number on that? Cxxxxxxx?

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 07:35:51 PM »

Maybe this will help...I am always telling people to post photo's so here are mine..

* 100_1176.JPG (1561.23 KB, 1728x2304 - viewed 320 times.)

* 100_1177.JPG (1273.64 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 294 times.)
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 07:58:43 PM »

looks like a older gk setup  with backup chips in it Cry Laughing
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 05:14:25 AM »

Maybe this will help...I am always telling people to post photo's so here are mine..

Jimmy,

Pictures are worth a thousand words, no SIMMs in that setup.

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.