Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:29:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Coin Jam "Error 21"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coin Jam "Error 21"  (Read 3990 times)
swainner
« on: January 28, 2012, 02:56:17 AM »

i'm new at this forum and searching for answers.  I think I have a universal slot.  It has started giving me error 21.  The coins are dropped into the slot and fall into the channel.  There is a component that blocks the coin from entering the comparator.  it is spring loaded. If I pull the component to the right, the coin will fall straight through the comparator.  If I don't pull the component over, the coin never enters the comparator.  How is this supposed to operate?

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 03:45:46 AM »

First off  NLG Welcome

With that out of the way let me tell you I don't know beans about a Universal machine.  But you may have gotten lucky this time.  The part you are sliding on the comparitor is where a saample coin is suppose to be installed. Sample coin will be the same size coin you are using in you machine. ( nickel, quarter, )

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 04:50:07 AM »

Welcome to the site.   NLG Welcome

I think I have a universal slot.

Let's start here.  Unless Universal used the same error codes as IGT, you may have an IGT slot.  Since you don't know for sure what kind of machine you have, help us help you better by posting a picture or two of the machine so we can first figure out what kind of machine you have, and then get you accurate information to get you up and running.

Please Post Pictures

If you are unable to post a picture of the machine, please instead tell us what is written on the outside of the machine (words on the glass, the name of the game theme, any indication of make or model on the plate on the side of the machine, etc.), and we can probably figure it out from there.

As far as the coin comparator, as Buzz said you need to place a sample coin in it in order for your machine to know what kind of coins to accept.  That in itself isn't likely the cause of your 21 error, but is something you'll need to do to get the machine to operate properly.

If you're not familiar with how to install a coin in the comparator, check out the video below (ignore the sales spiel from Brad - in fact, just fast forward to 0:30 in for the relevant part):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DPgx247U0qk&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/DPgx247U0qk&rel=0</a>

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
swainner
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 11:46:16 AM »

Thanks guys.  The coin comparator simply needed a coin.  Thanks for the video post.  I did take pictures that I will post, but that will be for a different thread for a different problem.

Scott
uniman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 02:34:41 PM »

Welcome to the site.   NLG Welcome

I think I have a universal slot.

Let's start here.  Unless Universal used the same error codes as IGT, you may have an IGT slot.  Since you don't know for sure what kind of machine you have, help us help you better by posting a picture or two of the machine so we can first figure out what kind of machine you have, and then get you accurate information to get you up and running.

The error 21 is a "coin-in jam" for a Universal machine. On the older style (8116 or 8800 board) caused by a coin passing too fast or too slow through the two optics.

For the Ultra Series this often happens when a CC-62 was previously used for dollar tokens and then switched to quarter or nickels.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 05:32:54 AM »

The error 21 is a "coin-in jam" for a Universal machine. On the older style (8116 or 8800 board) caused by a coin passing too fast or too slow through the two optics.

I learned something new today, thanks, Uniman.  21 is also the coin-in jam error code for an IGT S+ slot.   propeller

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.