Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:29:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  IGT I Game Little Green Men - Monitor touch screen problem
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT I Game Little Green Men - Monitor touch screen problem  (Read 20450 times)
Mojomoe
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 07:03:19 PM »

Thanks for the cleaning tip cowboygames!  I will follow your advice!   applause

Also Thank you TILT on another troubleshooting procedure tip as I continue to work on resolving the touch-screen issue. 

Moe
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 07:04:44 PM »

when the BV tries to cycle,do the red lights on the right side go dim?  I had the exact same problem, it was the gray ribbon cable shorting out to ground. don't know if it was the +12vdc being pulled down?  you might remove the BV transport as well and see what happens.  you could also monitor the +12vdc and +25vdc and see if they are ok.  

you know the board is good, the monitor from the TT works (just no TS) if you unplug and take the printer/BV out of the picture, then you are down to the motherboard, power supply, and the cabinet wiring.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Mojomoe

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 05:20:43 AM »

Finally success tonight.   First I removed the complete BV assembly, but same symptom.   I then installed the BV and removed the complete ticket printer assembly and was finally able to get the touch-screen to respond. Clap  I now also understand how to remove the top 1/2 round glass and access the inside of the head. 

I set all of the options and got the game to finally play and enjoyed it.....    Hippo Dance

The only thing I noticed that I had to touch the screen with extra pressure with my fingers, but it worked..  applause         

Question:  Is there a touch-screen sensitivity adjustment either through the menu or something on the board that one could adjust? I tried to callibrate the touch-screen several times and also It's currently 50 degrees in the garage where the game is currently sitting, so maybe it's a temprature related issue... I will play it tomorrow when the room temp will be closer to 60 + degrees.

Major Thanks to everyone who guided me through this!!!!!    YOU ROCK!!!   Hail Hail Hail

Ever-grateful Moe

Tilt
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 09:42:53 AM »

Glad you were able to get it working!  applause  Going through the calibration procedure is the only adjustment you can make to the touchscreen that I know of. 
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 10:39:26 AM »

Room temp has a huge effect on screen response. You should see a marked differance in temps over 60. The newer cellphone screens do a little better, but I would consider your experience at 50 pretty average
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 03:12:52 PM »

glad you got the machine up and working!  slide open the printer chassis and check out the gray ribbon cable that runs from the back to the sliding part, see if there is damage to that cable. If the cable doesn't fold like an accordion, its gets pinched by the rollers and usually tears or shorts out to the chassis.

Jim 

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 08:28:38 PM »

glad you got the machine up and working!  slide open the printer chassis and check out the gray ribbon cable that runs from the back to the sliding part, see if there is damage to that cable. If the cable doesn't fold like an accordion, its gets pinched by the rollers and usually tears or shorts out to the chassis.

Jim 
Agree with Post

if your ribbon is damaged (probably) you may have to replace the daughterboard for the printer as well as the ribbon cable.  the daughterboard is the pcb on the back of the printer chassis that the ribbon connects to.  i'm sure one of the helpful vendors here can hook you up with a new ribbon cable and daughterboard at a decent price so you can get the printer running again too! applause

Now You're Techin'!!!
Mojomoe

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 10:49:42 PM »

Thanks TILT & cowboygames for your very helpful input on Touch-screen temperature behavior, and what to expect.     

Jim, likewise I appreciate the tip on the printer cable getting caught issue,  I will inspect the cable for any closely tears or pinches which may be causing a short.   Question on the Printer cable connection itslef,  is there only 1 main connector or are there 2 (1 main and another smaller 4-pin white connector)?

Thank You!  again,

Moe
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.