BALLY VIDEO TWENTYONE - finally outta the garage!

(1/2) > >>

shortrackskater:
After uh...maybe a year and a half, I FINALLY got my Bally Video Twentyone out of the garage and into my room. I'd been trying to turn in on every couple of months or so just to keep it running. Each time I did, I'd say a little prayer to the goddess of fortune to insure it would still boot up! Rolled it in on a heavy dolly and THREE of us picked it up and put it on its new stand (an oak file cabinet). I switched it on and it booted up but wouldn't pay out OR make sounds!!! Apparently I hadn't said the prayer enough! After a few door open, door close, door open, door slam... the lower candle light went off and the universe was once again, in alignment and my game worked.  I'm still amazed at how much this does for being such an old machine. It has a variety of phrases on the screen depending on the outcome. "way to go jack" for a blackjack. "player wins" for any win. "no guts, no glory" if you surrender. There's a lot more. Maybe I'll add them as I get them. All the lights, top and bottom work and light up as the hand is dealt depending on options available. I also just learned if I mistakenly split, I can reverse that decision (before I actually split) by just pushing the button a second time.  Here's a "night shot."

stayouttadabunker:
Nice old machine STS!
Thanks for showing us! :3-
Karma + to you!  :89-

Neonkiss:
Quote from: shortrackskater on March 01, 2012, 04:19:36 PM

After a few door open, door close, door open, door slam... the lower candle light went off and the universe was once again,

Had to laugh when I read this line. I think we have all been there.
Reminds me of the old TV sets where you would have to hit them on the side to get the picture back. :25-

uniman:
Nice! Seen one of those in sitting in a warehouse a few years back when I was picking up some slots. Bet there's only a handful still operational.
When were they made, 70's?

shortrackskater:
My screen says 1986. I forgot what the tag on the side says. I'll check later but I think it also is 1986. It's been a lot of fun to play. You can play one to ten quarters or any amount in between. There's a single BET 10 button which is nice. I made a couple videos that I'll post in a while. The first one is long but I was trying to get in all of what it does! There's two shorter ones I'll add as well. And yes it was the door SLAM that did it! This thing really is built like a tank!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page