Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:38:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally 112
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 112  (Read 2776 times)
mikegotcha
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: March 07, 2012, 10:45:21 PM »

OK..here we go. This guy brings me a Bally 1112 3 coin mult..jpo..like a lowboy 1090.. besides the mess I fixed..(runaway, no multiply, hopper not running) it's a nickel converted from dollar as the coin in assembly still has some dollar hardware and the hopper pinwheel is dollar. Ok. Now everything works other than no pay on the 50, 100, 200 award. I've done continuity checks and it aint good. I'm thinking someone put a nickel mech into a dollar game. My question is..since I will probably have to wire the mech to the payout assembly.. is there an easy way to do it? Any suggestions appreciated. It's been 20 years since I played with these and no wiring diagram.. This is what happens when people slap machines together and sell them as working. I end up with them.. Sigh.
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 05:47:17 PM »

Check your outboard wipers on the hopper payout board, make sure they are contacting, and adjusted correctly.
Also check the fingers on the spiral cam, to make sure they also are contacting well.  They should 'snap' when you lift them up and drop them.
Make sure the wiper fingers on your reel boards are also good, often they don't have enough tension.
If that is a buy-a-pay, then you won't get power through the reels for the high pays unless the odds step up disc is providing power down to that portion of the reel boards which supply power for 2nd and 3rd coin pays.  I'm thinking you're looking for a grey wire, possibly with a red or yellow trace on it.  But I don't recall the schematic colors, sorry.
Is that a multiplier or a buy a pay? Knowing that will help....
What are the pays, and symbols?
mikegotcha

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 07:37:17 PM »

it's a 4 coin mult. I'm thinking I may have a burnt resert coil or b switch issues.. I'll get back after I check the obvious.
OldReno

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 08:54:00 PM »

If the winner paid lite goes off after you pull the handle, then your B switch is ok.
If not check that your hopper has reset, and do it manually.
Is that a mixed bars machine: single, double, and triple bars, or some other type of payout?
A quick list of the pay structure would help us to figure this out.
mikegotcha

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »

Yes..Mixed bars..When I manually pop the coil..reset..it pays.
OldReno

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 03:01:55 PM »

There are generally only 2 switches involved in the hopper reset circuit, the B switch and the hopper Zero switch.  If they both meter out ok, then check the hopper reset coil to make sure it is good. To test it, pull out the hopper and open it up, and pulse the reset coil with jumper wires from the Orange wire on the door (lockout coil is a good one), and the yellow wire (coin in switch is good).  That's a good place to get 50V to test your coils.
Don't be dicking around pulling out the Beau plugs unless that's your last resort.
Does the machine pay only on mixed bars?  If so look for your bars match relay not working.
But first fix your hopper reset problem, that will make the other problems diagnosable....
mikegotcha

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 03:13:08 PM »

Yeah..B switch was my first choice.. the coil my second.. The mixed bars pay..singles pay.. doubles triples pay as mixed..7's no pay. Where is the bars match relay? On the mech or down below?
OldReno

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 03:24:00 PM »

They used to put the bars match relay on or next to the last reel board on the reel mech. If you find it there, carefully reach back and push it down with a match bars pay on the line. (don't ground yourself to case...)  However, I don't think that relay will affect your 7's pays.
Fix that hopper reset problem first.  Check your hopper payboard zero switch carefully, that's probably the most common reset problem.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.