Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:16:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Yet another one Super Stars and Stripes
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yet another one Super Stars and Stripes  (Read 3885 times)
jbshocks
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« on: March 18, 2012, 12:25:23 PM »

This is the one I picked up at the games people  play' warehouse sale.  Hind sight maybe it should have stayed there  but I just could not resist the round top.  It was cannibalized more than I realized.   I did get it running last night but it has the wrong game chip in it.   hissy fit  Anyone have a super stars and stripes eprom?  96025 is the number.  Also any ideas how to polish up the gold?   Some spots look great and others look like crap but its all there.  I tried chrome polish and that doesn't work.  Thinking of trying novus 2. 

* IMG_1359.JPG (597.9 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 296 times.)
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 02:00:23 PM »

Nice looking round top!!
A few years back (2008) I saw a round top Stars & Stripes in the showroom of Games People Play (Michigan). Wonder if that is the same one? I know they weren't very good at backing up their game chips.  hissy fit
I believe the gold is a thin overlay on the chrome. Too much rubbing and the gold is gone! The gold machines were usually $5 machines and up.
Sorry, I don't have that game chip.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 02:35:55 PM »

I was there late yesterday too, but that was my game plan.. I picked up 2 E2000 series Bally's and a box of spare boards for under $60!! They still had tons of stuff left and I was told it needs to go. There must have been 50 + of the Bally 5500's in that warehouse. Great parts machines or maybe a few could be fixed. They can be had for $25 each if your willing to take a few. They had glass on the shelves and boxes of boards. They want to sell it or they have to move it all in a week or two. If your in the Detroit area they are located in Mt Clemens, about 30 North of the D.

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
jbshocks

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 02:39:29 PM »

They still had like 4 ultras in the show room.  One really nice round top Wonder Bar in gold.  They had a slant top and 2 high tops.  Asking $800 each so I was not surprised they were sitting there.
jbshocks

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 02:42:17 PM »

Did they say they were going to run the sale further into the week?  I sort of wish I would have looked at those sizzling 7s a little closer to see if they could come to life.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 02:48:42 PM »

Everything is still for sale till they have to move it. They are in deal mode right now. You would have to go to the main show room and tell them your wanting to buy from the warehouse. I'm sure they would take you over and let you shop.

jbshocks

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 02:59:47 PM »

I may have to go back over.  It was hard to look around in that place while keeping my 4 year old and 7 year old in line.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 04:03:18 PM »

I may have to go back over.  It was hard to look around in that place while keeping my 4 year old and 7 year old in line.
I would call ahead to make sure you can get in the warehouse, but I don't think there will be a problem..

jbshocks

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 04:08:13 PM »

for those interested in cleaning up the gold,  novus 2 works great. 
uniman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 02:32:36 AM »

They still have that warehouse?? I was there in 2008 and they had the warehouse and an office complex used as a warehouse. What a scavenger hunt! I cleaned out all the Ultra stuff I could find.  applause applause  Guess I must have missed the Stars & Stripes.
Saw all the Bally's 5500's then. They also had an old Uni Poker machine and one the old Uni standup machines. Bet they are still there.
And I saw a few old Bally 21 machines with the green glass.
Everytime I watch American Pickers I think of that trip to Games People Play!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.