Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:22:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Help Needed on S2000 Error Codes.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help Needed on S2000 Error Codes.  (Read 10023 times)
freebird4
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 109

« on: March 16, 2012, 10:19:28 PM »

I'm having problems with two of my S2000 machines now, one is has an enhanced board and the other is a standard S2000.
I get error message on both: call attendant, coin in jam and closure MB. I have tried to do a clear on both with no real process, replaced I/O board and etc.
It's like the machine doesn't notice when the door is closed or open.  I have worked over two weeks trying to fix both machines.
I have replaced CPU boards, standard and enhanced cabinet/door I/O boards, and complete reel display boards with no luck.
I not sure if the door, belly or bill acceptor would cause this problem.
I have read numerous posts and haven't had any luck correcting my problems.  

Any help or suggestions on how to fix will be appreciated.  

Thanks, Richard
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:28:48 PM by freebird4 » Logged
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 10:53:18 PM »

I'm not an expert on the S2000 by far, but I have read and heard that the error codes can get stacked up, and the way to clear them is to just take the door latch and open and close it a half a dozen times or more. Everytime the latch open and closes, it clears a code, so if they are more then one stacked up it might help. I had to do a similar thing on one I was working on the other day.. Try that to see if it helps..

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:12:57 PM »

Stacked error codes or not, it sounds more like your door optics aren't lining up or are bad. Check some of the S2000 door optics posts on here to see if that's your issue.
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 11:07:16 AM »

closure MB means the door is closed if tou are not getting door open M when you open the door then someone may have rigged up the door optics or you may just need to do a ram clear if you still have door optics I would check the wires running off of each one to see if they have been spliced into or try disconecting them to see if you can get a door open m on the display.
Triple_Ding
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 02:18:05 AM »

All of my error codes were because of the door not properly closed. Make sure the peg is all the way bottomed, then the machine will boot.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 02:36:12 AM »

Freebird4

If you have belly door switches in both machines bypass them, by unplugging the molex connector near the switch
It is easier to get to than the connections on the switch and put a jumper wire in the connector or if you have an S+ that has the jumper borrow it as a test.
A friends machine has a bad belly door switch and I just put a short piece of wire in the harness to bypass it.

You can reach behind the BV and unplug the 5 pin connector
It is the netplex comm harness, you can't unplug it from the motherboard.
You have a Door B open all the time if you do.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »

Whoa!  ttth Don't use an S+ door optics bypass harness on an S2000!
I think they're opposite in Molex housing pin configuration.
You highly risk shorting out a relating IC component on the MPU?

Am I wrong about this?
Please let me know?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 11:16:15 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
freebird4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 08:44:36 PM »

I have one machine working,  and have ordered a set of cabinet/door I/O board for the other machine?
I replaced the door optics on the first machine to get it working. Thanks for all of the suggestions on how to fix my machines.
Hopefully I will the other machine working this week.
Thanks again! Freebird4
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 12:26:19 AM »

The S+ and S2000 door optics are the same.
The coin optics are not the same

freebird4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 09:41:10 PM »

Hi NLG Pro’s I have one machine working the door optics was misaligned! The other machine is another story, when received machine I had the error message coin in jam, call attendant, and I have replaced I/O boards, motherboard, CPU, door optics and replaced the 5 reel 9 line with a S2000 button panel 3 reel with single line. Machine will not clear!!  I have used an IVC00097, and an IVC00224 clear chip. Once I get to CLOSE MAIN DOOR machine reboots and come up with the error message coin –in jam, door open m and call attendant. I received this machine with the same problem.  I guess I have a LEMON!  Maybe I can sell parts and buy another good machine.  I have almost spent about the same as the cost of machine buying parts to fix it and don't know what else to do! This machine was a 5 reel and nine line that never worked from day one and still won't work changed to a 3 reel single line.

Thanks for all of the suggestions and ideas!

Freebird4
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:10:57 PM by freebird4 » Logged
Triple_Ding
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 10:32:30 PM »

Maybe make sure that all boards are compatible, may have one oddball in the bunch.  These slots are like old XT's, very basic . .
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 11:53:14 PM »

freebird if you knew the trouble I had with my Vision ready (same as an S2000) in 2007, I was on the phone with the vendor 3-5 days in a row trying to figure out why it had a continuous coin in jam.
out of fo the blue after double chekcing things it cleared up on its own, I had the problem show up again about 3 months ago, I pulled the mpu and reseated it which fixed it.

Maybe send the MPU and I/O cards to a member that is near you that they can test in a working machine.
I can but may have to reconfigure my machine for 50X board if that is what you have in the problem machine.
I just thought is this machine coinless? if so do you have the optics jumper installed and/or configured for coinless?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 02:41:09 AM by Foster » Logged

freebird4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 10:24:55 PM »

Foster what would you suggest? I have another S2000 machine and have checked CPU and etc between the two machine and I always end up with the same error message:call attendant, coin in jam and closure MB.
I have spent more money and time than the machine is worth! I'm just about ready to sell off the parts and take my lost!
Thanks,
Richard
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 11:11:02 PM »

I'm not as smart as Foster but I have a suggestion?
Try one component at a time in the known good machine until you can get the good machine
to display he same exact error messages and cannot clear it.

When you do, putting back in the swapped out component will restore your good machine
and you will know which part is causing the problems for your other machine?

Like I said, change one part at a time - whether it's an I/O board or a set of chips.
You need to narrow it down!
The problem could be just a bent pin perhaps on an I/O board or MPU?
Try wiggling Molex connectors...could also be a backed-out pin too...
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 04:11:25 AM »

I would suggest trying each component from machine with coin in jam error in the good machine, one at a time, until the error shows up, including the 7 segment player display
I say this because the 7 segment display, coin in handling parts on the door via the door I/O board are on the same bus.
If at any point something fails if you have a spare of that part try that one.

Start with the MPU (do not swap any chips from the good mpu to the questionable at this time) if the questionable mpu has a MMLB2 and DSV Sound simm remove them to speed up testing (you can test them later)

The machine will show an error because during the memory and system tests, it will detect a different processor board ID, and may  show more errors for each EPROM chip that is different as well: Base, Game, Version chips (they show up as a CRC mismatch if they are different than the ones on the good MPU.
I am not sure if you will get an error for each chip or not it has been a while since I swapped  MPU out
you will use the JP key and attendant button on the mpu to cycle and clear them
turn jp key to cycle through each message, then button and close door when prompted like when you change games.
if the mpu now boots and you can close the door and machine seems playable, play it some.

Then try each I/O board in the good machine (you can use the questionable MPU if it is now working properly
then try the 7 segment display,
I would then swap in other easily swapped parts (meters and hopper) if for some reason all the questionable parts work in the good machine.
Then its either the motherboard or something in the harness that is causing the issue: candle, meters, bell, handle which are connected to the cabinet I/O
I would even try the door optics from questionable machine if you are not bypassing them.

Do this only if the questionable MPU boots in the good machine and testing of the other components and they work, move the data EEPROM from the questionable machine (its the only chip in a socket on the mother board) to the good machine
it may show the coin in jam at first but you should be able to clear it.
If it clears then you know the EEPROM is good.

Note: when you put the questionable MPU in the good machine it should use any settings that the good machine has except sound and maybe a couple other minor ones.
All the key chip settings should be the same. denom and game percentages included

does the machine with error have any extra displays in it?

« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:41:23 AM by Foster » Logged

freebird4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 08:52:58 PM »

Foster thank you, I will try this! Wow! this machine has been a nightmare from day one! I will let you know what happens.

Sorry I forgot to say thank you to stayouttadabunker too!

Thanks,

Richard
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:57:59 PM by freebird4 » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 09:55:50 PM »

Quick question in a question...  arrow
Does removing the MMLB2 speed up S2000 boot times significantly?
Just wondering...
freebird4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 10:02:13 PM »

Yes!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 10:25:47 PM »

That makes sense then  propeller
The MPU processor doesn't need to send out a search party for it...thanks!  yes
freebird4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 11:05:11 PM »

Foster is the man!!!  One email and one phone call and my machine is working!
I have a problem in the top section of my machine everything currently is unplugged,  but machine is working!  NO COIN-IN-JAM ERROR MESSAGE
I will now trouble shoot until I figure out what board is bad or has a wrong connection.
Hats off to Foster!!   +1 (Karma, or whatever)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 12:00:08 AM »

Always glad to help and also glad its working
Now to find the problem harness or wire.
I am going to attach the top box wiring diagram

the only one that comes from right rear of top box is a Power harness to power up the power connectors (2 and 4 pin connectors) on power distribution board and sound amp.
the rest come from the left rear area of the top box.

I suspect it is in the candle wiring, unless something got tapped into on the top box SENET 12 pin (2x6) connector

That makes it semi official that anything wrong with a cabinet or door i/o item (not just the boards) can cause a coin in jam error.
so my advice is when you get a coin in jam error and you have checked the coin optics, then start eliminating things not needed for basic operation.
Disconnect top box stuff (not the vision or reel touch stuff or that may cause more errors), these cabinet items: handle switch and solenoid, bell, meters (bypass them), back lit reel controller and hopper.

double check the rest of the door and cabinet I/O items (you cant really disconnect the rest of them and get it to boot) and if you can bypass coin in optics temporarily with either a home made jumper or IGT's coinless jumper.
Then reconnect them back in place one at a time until error shows up.

* EZ PAY, BULKHEAD RETRO, VISION, WIRING DIAGRAM.pdf (211.76 KB - downloaded 245 times.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 12:21:06 AM by Foster » Logged

Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 12:12:18 AM »

Great work Foster.... Clap Hail applause

I might not be able to give advise on the S2000 platform as I'm just learning the quarks myself.
But I do read all the post.
Foster has been a great help to many of our members that have had problems with the S 2000's

THANKS FOR HELPING OUT FOSTER.  Clap Clap
 +1 (Karma, or whatever) to ya.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com ™    Newlifegames.net ™    Newlifegames.org ™
   New Life Games ™    NewLifeGames ™  NLG ™ We Bring new Life to old Games ™    1-888-NLG-SLOTS ™
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.