Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 04:53:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally E1226 error code "0"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally E1226 error code "0"  (Read 2619 times)
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« on: March 27, 2012, 12:55:39 AM »

Newbie here. This E1225-1-5, date 1-23-81, slot was working and just stopped and only shows one symbol lit on the LED with a "0" in the second position from the right on the LED display. The code does not change when the door is opened.

New battery on RAM board few days ago. Reseated the RAM board and all the wire harness connectors on the PS, MPU & I/O . Voltages on power supply is good. Test point voltages on I/O & MPU board are good. Fuse's are all good. Test & Reset do not respond.

I did not try reseating any PROMS or IC's.

What should I do next?

Tim

* slot1.jpg (86.58 KB, 300x400 - viewed 194 times.)

* slot6.jpg (117.49 KB, 400x300 - viewed 191 times.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:10:19 PM by tkrozleski » Logged
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 01:35:36 AM »

I did skim thru the 20 pages on this forum and found I should check the solder joints on the PSB.

Any other areas of concern?

Thanks in advance!

* slot2.jpg (112.26 KB, 400x300 - viewed 187 times.)

* slot5.jpg (117.56 KB, 400x300 - viewed 205 times.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 12:09:28 AM by tkrozleski » Logged
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 12:00:01 AM »

I did some testing tonite. Swapped the RAM daughter board with a working machine. No go. Swapped the hopper with a working machine, no go. Swapped the entire reel mechanism but used the reel that belongs to this machine, no go. Took out the MPU board and looked for loose joints at the connection pins, found one and soldered it, no go. No burnt components. Took out the I/O board and soldered a pin, no go. No burned components. Took out the Power supply board and it looks great. No loose pins. All three voltages check good at test points.

The beau plugs all look great. I disconnected both ends of the ribbon cable and the pins all look great.

I did NOT reseat any of the IC's or PROMS. They seem awful snug in there and I'm afraid to damage them. I do not have any tools to remove the chips properly.

I did not swap the PS, I/O, or MPU board with the working machine. Did not want to damage the working machine if that is possible?

What should I try next? The Test or Reset will not respond. I stll have a "0" on the LED display.

This is a 3 quarter 3 reel single payline E-1226-1-5 Harolds Club machine.

I noticed there is no delay relay or delay board, why?

Need help with the next steps PLEASE.

Thanks!

* slot3.jpg (122.58 KB, 400x300 - viewed 199 times.)

* slot4.jpg (111.6 KB, 400x300 - viewed 179 times.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 12:44:03 AM by tkrozleski » Logged
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 12:24:14 AM »

I did some more work on this single "0" error code. I believe the MPU board is faulty? I swapped the MPU from a parts machine and the code changed to a error code "1" and this indicates a bad RAM board? I believe the RAM/daughter board is faulty (even though I was able to reseat th IC"s on this board)? I now get a response from the hopper board reset button which cause some very loud chatter when pressed. Would the I/O board be OK? or will I need to get the MPU & RAM replaced to be sure what the next step is?

Can I swap with any MPU or is there some PROM's and/or IC's that are strictly for this machine and need to be swapped to a new or good used board? And what about the RAM board same issue with special chips on it?

Please feel free to chime in here. I'm new at this and would be very pleased for any reply to my problems here.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:13:52 PM by tkrozleski » Logged
Newshunter
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 01:56:11 PM »

Did you geht your problem solved? I think my problem is similar...
Look at http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14223.new#new
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 03:40:11 PM »

on the ram board - the edge connectors are notorious for being bad - they get hairline cracks in the connectors - also the 5101s go bad.
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 09:15:44 PM »

Sorry about not following up here.
Yes I did get this resolved. I had sent the board to Barry/FOXSLOTS1 and Barry had to replace the MPU board and this got it going.

Not sure what was bad on the board?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.