Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:19:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Removing buttons on a IGT s+
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Removing buttons on a IGT s+  (Read 5525 times)
TomH
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 11

« on: April 15, 2012, 12:53:04 PM »

Trying to remove buttons (one appears to have a burned out bulb and the others seems kind of sluggish). I figured that the black plastic collars underneath need to be turned counter-clockwise to remove but it's really tight and I don't want to break anything.
Am I attempting this correctly?  Scratch Head

Okay I got the button off the machine...that booger was really tight.  Now, how do I get the button apart to get to the bulb, clean the contacts and de-gunk it?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 01:07:16 PM by TomH » Logged
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 01:04:09 PM »

That you are. If they haven't been off in a while they can be a little tight, but you don't need to take the bases off to change a bulb. The switch and light socket will pull out of the bottom of the switch. Here again, it will be a little difficult to remove and remount, but that's the way it's done. With the machine turned off. And make sure you can push the button and hear the microswitch click closed and open after remounting the socket
TomH
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 01:12:07 PM »

Okay...I figured out how the bulb pulls out...thanks!  Do you know what bulb they take?  Also, is there a way to clean/lube the switches to make them more responsive?  I sometimes have to push 2 or 3 times.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 01:30:42 PM »

I beleive those use a 12v bulb, but can't remember the number right now. Should be printed on the bulb though. Those microswitches are sealed, non-serviceable. If you post a WTB ad in the classifieds here on the site you'll probably get a response from one of the vendors or you can contact one of their sites listed on the home page. For the time being, you could swap the finicky switch with one that probably hasn't been used a lot like the service switch or change switch
TomH
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 02:07:19 PM »

I put one of my 6.3 volt bulbs in... seems to be working for now..
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 02:28:20 PM »

TomH  My guess would be the switch you have to push a few times is you didn't push the lower half up into upper half quite far enough, that are it's just a Little bit crooked.  

Now you have posted in the S  S+ section.  If you have a  S or S+ the voltage to the bulbs is 6.3 volts. Just in case you have a S2000 it uses 14 volts ( you can get by using 12 ) Both machines the bulb is called a 3 1/4 wedge base.   S+ you need a 755,  S 2000 use a 161 or 194.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 02:42:11 PM »

Buzz, based on his original post I believe he had the button problem prior to changing the light so I assume he has a failing switch
TomH
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 04:59:28 PM »

This is a different switch than the one I changed the light bulb on.  Everything is tight and the switch "clicks" when its pushed it just doesn't always activate.  I plan to change the switch.

Thanks for your replies!  I love this forum!  I wouldn't want to own a slot without being a member on here.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 05:07:07 PM »

My S+ buttons used to be gunky. When you have them off the machine, you can fully disassemble them to clean the gunk out. Squeeze the two white tabs together (gently, they tend to be brittle after all these years) and then push them up the tube to pop the white plastic out of the black plastic. Wash all of the plastic parts including the legend insert in warm soapy water (any dish soap is fine). (Be careful not to scrub the inserts too hard or you'll rub the text off of them.) Let the parts dry and then put them back together.

(Note, this won't fix your microswitches, so if you still have poor button response, those are then the likely culprit.)

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 07:00:52 PM »

Those sticky switches are from friends drooling on your machines Knagl, tell them to get their own! bust gut laughing bust gut laughing
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 07:45:23 PM »

I figured that the black plastic collars underneath need to be turned counter-clockwise to remove but it's really tight and I don't want to break anything.

As you probably figured out by now, you did not need to remove the whole button assembly.

Also the change switch is a good one to use to swap with a flaky one since it's rarely used.

On a side note, I have two different types of switches on my S+ machines. On one, the micro-switches just pull straight down. On the other you turn them first.

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 08:02:40 PM »

poppo  You forgot that one little bit of info, to remove turn CW. To install CCW

poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 08:05:00 PM »

poppo  You forgot that one little bit of info, to remove turn CW. To install CCW

Yeah, I was too lazy to get up and look.  zzzzzzz
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 08:14:43 PM »

I remember because I broke a brand new one by turning it the wrong way.  I figure a left handed Chinaman must have designed that one.  ( Big Blue and his lefthanded parts. )   stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.