Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:11:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Uh oh...bought another S plus and it's goofy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Uh oh...bought another S plus and it's goofy.  (Read 20216 times)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2012, 05:06:49 PM »

Okay ...did it all and now it's almost working! I set all the values as you said. The only different reading was where it was supposed to be the bill/coupon acceptor credit. It was a 1. I set it to 9999. Now the BV has light up and it takes bills but they just stay don't go through to the box. I think I just need to clean the rollers and lens.
Now I'm at just one more problem. It registers the proper amount at a win condition and when I cash out, the correct amount spits out...but there's a very slight pause (like 1/4 sec) and an additional coin spits out, then I get a 3300 code.
Thank you, so far.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2012, 05:57:46 PM »

I suspected your validator might come to life with the proper limit settings set.

Your hopper brake spring is off, broken, or the brake is broken or sticking causing the hopper to keep rotating after power is turned off to it, which is causing the extra coin to be paid out and the 3300 code.  Please see the following post for a couple of links that have pictures of what part you need to inspect:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=17808.msg149096#msg149096

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2012, 06:27:23 PM »

Well that was easy! I thought I had cleaned out the hopper but after dumping the coins and looking closely, I saw the area where the nickels passed through the optic area and it was gummed up below. This machine must have had heavy use...it looked like an accumulation of liquid, probably drops of coke, gin, rum, who knows? Cleaned that up with a swap and now it pays out fine and no 3100! I said 3300 and meant 3100 earlier...sorry!
THANK YOU EVERYONE. I'll get to the BV tomorrow probably. I just ordered some bulbs for the burnt out indicator lights so I'll probably be getting to the latex removal by next week.
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2012, 05:58:08 AM »

Well that was easy! I thought I had cleaned out the hopper but after dumping the coins and looking closely, I saw the area where the nickels passed through the optic area and it was gummed up below. This machine must have had heavy use...it looked like an accumulation of liquid, probably drops of coke, gin, rum, who knows? Cleaned that up with a swap and now it pays out fine and no 3100! I said 3300 and meant 3100 earlier...sorry!
THANK YOU EVERYONE. I'll get to the BV tomorrow probably. I just ordered some bulbs for the burnt out indicator lights so I'll probably be getting to the latex removal by next week.

They probably put the latex on to promote "SAFE GAMBLING!" Cry Laughing

Glad to here that you are getting along well. Kudos to all of the helpers here!!!  +1 (Karma, or whatever)  lightning bolt KARMA STORM! lightning bolt

CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2012, 02:34:04 PM »

They probably put the latex on to promote "SAFE GAMBLING!" Cry Laughing

I really want to say something funny here but this is a family site isn't it?
I have NO IDEA why in the hell someone would have painted this. It also came with in IGT stand that is painted as well. You can see a NICE clean white surface below the stupid ripply latex (hmm...ripply for her pleasure? oops) paint. There's even a "property of ..." sticker over the latex so this was painted by the last place it was in service, which I was told was a bingo hall. I tried using a plastic putty knife but the paint is too hard. I'm afraid to use a razor blade or metal scraper. My finger nail works best! The problem is that may take some time and I don't have enough finger nail material!  rotflmao
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2012, 12:44:55 AM »

I still cant get it to take bills. It will take a one dollar bill in, try and read it and spit it back out. I removed the BV and cleaned the lens, rollers, belt and everything else I could. I checked the cash box and it seems to be okay. I'm assuming if the BV was not enabled, the light wouldn't be on and it wouldn't take bills?
Or, do I need to put the set chip back in and re-enable it?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2012, 12:47:36 AM »

Hang on...I think it's just a dipswitch setting!
Don't use the set chip yet!
What are your dipswitches set at?

I think you have to make sure they're all on except for #10?
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2012, 01:04:50 AM »

The ones on the BV I assume?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2012, 01:09:59 AM »

Yes but wait for someone that plays with DBV's to chime in.
Mine doesn't have bill acceptors.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2012, 01:16:29 AM »

The one on my BV head (that what it's called?) have 1 - 8, then two more on the right numbered 1,2
The 1 - 8 are OFF. The 1,2 are ON
I'll poke around all my notes I've saved. I might have it listed somewhere!
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2012, 01:28:25 AM »

what kind of BV do you have?   a 145   or  200     or   WBA

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2012, 02:09:36 AM »

It's a 145.
That's all I can say for now. Family emergency - I had to take my mom to ER. Reply though, if you can...I may be here for awhile.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2012, 03:25:17 AM »

If it's attempting to accept the bill, the validator is enabled. The set chip can't enable it more than it's already enabled. (If it's not enabled, the light will not come on, and it will not attempt to accept it.)

When testing, use only a $1 bill in good condition.

Didn't you have the validator working at some point before?

Does the "insert coin" light blink a few times before the machine rejects the bill?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2012, 04:09:49 AM »

no blink...i think...need to check when home. No, bv didnt work. Using clean one dollar. Tried a twenty as well. Sorry for choppy message. Im in the ER lobby on my phone.
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2012, 05:54:26 AM »

Off Topic,

Just wanted to say that I hope that everything is OK with your Mom!!!

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2012, 06:03:59 AM »

[/quote]
Off Topic,

Just wanted to say that I hope that everything is OK with your Mom!!!

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Four hours in ER so far...waited two in the lobby. They're just doing tests, takes forever. Thank you for the concern though...it looks like she may get to go home around 2am, hopefully.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2012, 06:06:52 PM »

If it's attempting to accept the bill, the validator is enabled. The set chip can't enable it more than it's already enabled. (If it's not enabled, the light will not come on, and it will not attempt to accept it.)

When testing, use only a $1 bill in good condition.

Didn't you have the validator working at some point before?

Does the "insert coin" light blink a few times before the machine rejects the bill?

Okay back to the machine (got home at 5am from the hospital!).
I checked and nothing blinks when the bill is rejected. It's just cleanly rejected. I'm stuck. Still wondering on the dip settings on the bv head.
Also...just a side question - what's the voltage and lamp type for the bigger "spin wheels and play 5 credits" buttons? I bought some replacements and they seem dim.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:40:31 PM by shortrackskater » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2012, 07:54:13 PM »

It's in the S+ manual...>>>

* S+ Deck Button Lamps.png (11.54 KB, 433x208 - viewed 294 times.)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2012, 08:00:59 PM »

It's in the S+ manual...>>>

Thanks...got it already. Sorry if I post too soon before thinking.  Duh!
I realized they're all the same voltage. And it's AMAZING the filth and dust inside those buttons. I took them apart, cleaned them, polished the plastic button cover and *VIOLA* - - - they're all nice, shiny, and BRIGHT!
Now back to the BV....I am looking for the settings but can't find them.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2012, 02:32:56 AM »

I've looked EVERYWHERE for the DIP switch settings on my DBV 145. Can't find anything, even from the JCM website. I've lost knagl, who was helping me. Of course, it is the weekend and everyone's probably out having fun.  
BBQ
If ANYONE knows the dip switch settings for my DBV 145, for an S plus, could you please post?
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2012, 08:48:21 AM »

I don't have any 145 documentation, and I'm on my phone which makes searching on the internet a pain. Sorry. Hopefully someone here has something for you. You could also try posting in the JCM forum asking if anyone can tell you what the DIP switch settings on a 145 are.

Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2012, 11:52:19 AM »

Here is a manual.
Not sure if it has what your looking for.

* dbv45_145_147_manual-1.pdf (1418.7 KB - downloaded 303 times.)

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2012, 03:54:33 PM »

Thank you. I did find that manual last night but it only says there are dip switches to set denominations but I can't find anything that says specifically what to set the switches to. Frustrating. They're probably correct but I just want to rule this out. Maybe I'll try the JCM forum as suggested. Thanks!
I think I'm thinking about this too much. Last night I had a DREAM that there was a jammed fake $5 bill stuck in my BV! It was folded up and made of some kind of construction paper!  zzzzzzz I think I had the dream because I did change all the dip switches from off to on and all it did was take in my clean $1 and jam it inside. I put them back to the way they were and now it's back to taking the bill in and spitting it out.
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2012, 05:43:05 PM »

I found this one too.

See if this gives you any better info.

* DVB145-SH ID011 V3.40-01.pdf (85.05 KB - downloaded 210 times.)

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
proten

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2012, 06:05:57 PM »

I looked at mine in my IGT S+ and it is
1-7 off   
8-on
2-1- off
2-2- off

One step at a time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.