Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:56:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  WMS Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Dotmation problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dotmation problem  (Read 7235 times)
tollguy316
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

« on: March 21, 2010, 08:03:11 PM »

I decided to play The Jackpot Party today.  Here's the problem...  Every time I go to the bonus round of the dotmation; when you hit the spin button to flip over the squares that reveal the # of coins you won ( or a pooper).... the square flips half way while the hand ( finger keeps going)... about 4-5 seconds later; the square completes the flip and reveals the # of coins you won...    Why the delay ???     There are no errors.  I haven't done anything to the power supply , or been moving any wires around.     Thanks, Bill
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 08:09:38 PM »

I decided to play The Jackpot Party today.  Here's the problem...  Every time I go to the bonus round of the dotmation; when you hit the spin button to flip over the squares that reveal the # of coins you won ( or a pooper).... the square flips half way while the hand ( finger keeps going)... about 4-5 seconds later; the square completes the flip and reveals the # of coins you won...    Why the delay ???     There are no errors.  I haven't done anything to the power supply , or been moving any wires around.     Thanks, Bill

NEVER seen that problem with a Jackpot Party (and I have one).
Since the entire bonus involves the topbox I wonder if its a communication issue between the CPU and topbox logic....

This will be an interesting one.....

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 09:11:08 PM »

check the cable connections, disconnect and reconnect them a time or two then try the game.  It's worth a try..

W

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
Railroad94
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 10:18:06 PM »

Why you are checking cables,make sure all chips are seated good
a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 11:44:42 PM »

Why you are checking cables,make sure all chips are seated good
I think you meant to say while...   I say the cables because I agree with Kirk on the slow communications, the dotomation still seems to be moving but waiting for the info behind the doors.

Thanks,
Wayne

Railroad94
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 08:22:12 PM »

Ooops as Thor said it was Sunday but lately every day feels like a Monday frying pan
tollguy316

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 10:43:16 PM »

An update.... here's what I've tried thus far.   I switched out the top box ( dot mation controller, top power supply, dotmation display, ribbon cable)... same result when playing the bonus round.  I also tried another wiring harness ( from the back of the top box to the PC BOARD ( SLOT BACKPLANE).    Any other ideas ???    Thanks, Bill  Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 10:49:07 PM »

It has to be in the program or
any chance that you have the jumper setting wrong on the CPU for the 8 mg chips?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 11:39:51 PM by Neonkiss » Logged

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
tollguy316

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 11:49:50 PM »

Thanks for the reply Robert ( Neonkiss).  I'm going to switch the Jackpot Party software to my other machine tomorrow.  As far as jumper settings; I have never touched them .   Thanks, Bill
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 06:25:52 PM »

Is it possible that the EPROM chips that hold the software are too slow?  Just throwing out an idea.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
tollguy316

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 08:03:21 PM »

Hey Kev... I haven't gotten around to switching the chips to my other DOT to see If the problem still occurs.  The weird thing is that I've had the game for 6 months .... never touched it  or switched kits.... then all of the sudden 4 days ago the problem occured...... I'm stumped.  Bill
a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 08:07:45 PM »

If you have another main board I'd try to swap it.

W

tollguy316

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 08:11:44 PM »

Wayne... Which is the main board ? ( sorry I'm still new at Dotmation).  Is it the IO board, the CPU board, or the back plane board mounted on the back wall behind the reels ??? Thanks, Bill
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 33

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 09:35:57 PM »

An update.... here's what I've tried thus far.   I switched out the top box ( dot mation controller, top power supply, dotmation display, ribbon cable)... same result when playing the bonus round.  I also tried another wiring harness ( from the back of the top box to the PC BOARD ( SLOT BACKPLANE).    Any other ideas ???    Thanks, Bill  Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

When you switched the DOT controller did you change the XU3 and XU4 chips? These are your graphics EPROMs  While your at it you might want to change out the XU10

Someone has to be stupid enough to run into a burning building when everyone else is running out !!
tollguy316

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 10:34:52 AM »

Finally ...... an update to my dilemma.  I switched the 9 chips ( software) to another Dotmation machine and had the same problem. Therefore , it must be a glitch in one of the chips.... QUESTION.... Would It be recommended that I  replace just the 3 chips in the top box; or all 9 chips  ?????  Bill
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 06:39:18 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, original Dotmation chips should have their 4-digit checksums printed sideways on the edge of the sticker. I would read each chip and compare its checksum to the printed value to find your damaged chip(s). I would also recommend backing up the good chips while you're at it.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 07:08:22 PM »

David your right about the check sums on the originals. XU 17, 18, 30 ,and 31 are all sound chips, I would think they would not need to be changed. I found out the other day I made a clear chip for a Williams and used the wrong size chip, book called for a 27C010 and I used a 27C 2001, ( I didn't mean to use the wrong one ) the new chip had the right check sum but would not clear the machine. Took me a while to figure out my mistake, that and a call to Joey and Ben ( Fannini Slots ) Thanks to both of you my Big Bang Pig now works again.  Scratch Head Scratch Head

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 07:42:48 PM »

Bill, I sent you some documents that might help.

You've Got Mail    Mail Mail

SF garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.