Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:16:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Bill validator is not working on four reel machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill validator is not working on four reel machine  (Read 7674 times)
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« on: April 30, 2012, 08:20:35 PM »

Got a four reel machine and the bill validator was not working. The red indicator lights on the side one is solid and one is blinking. I assume the this is a software issue and am not sure exactly. It had 3.8 32i marked on the chip so I erased it and tried software I know works with S2000 machines which is 3.75-34 024 software but that did not work either.  When I power on the machine it comes up like normal and cycles through but when the machine initializes it does not work anymore and and it makes an attempt to start but stops very quickly and keeps attempting in a cycle but stops very quickly and one led is red the other blinks. Seems like in normal operation on other machines they are both solid. I have tried several validators that are know working and good on other machines. Any ideas???? Do I need a newer software? This is a newer machine.
Thanks for any help,
T
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 09:02:22 PM »

Trade the cash can with aother machine and see what happens.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 10:50:03 PM »

ok so I traded the cash can and nothing changed. I upgraded the software and nothing changed. So I did a ram clear and then it was staying steady lit on both leds. It would cycle like normal at power up. But when the game initialized it did nothing and won't accept bills. If you pull the validator and slide it back in it cycles like normal but still won't take bills. Anything I am missing in settings maybe??
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 11:20:30 PM »

Get into the setting menu
go to (4) IO Test
go to (4-3) Auto Configuration Netplex Devices
advance to bill acceptor
press spin reels and see if will enable.
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 12:59:46 AM »

Ok So I tried the above post and it says bill acceptor not responding. I tried a different bill acceptor still the same thing. It turns on and cycles thru when you slide it in I don't understand what the problem is. All three connectors are connected. I will check rhe harness that goes to the harness tomorrow as well. Any other ideas/thoughts???
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 01:12:30 AM »

Have you tried the Bill Validator Test?
Also are all switches on the transport in the off position?
If you pull the transport out without turning it over and just look at them they should be in the up position
The board is mounted upside down so the DIP switches are upside down.

Also in the I/O testes is a BV test to see if it will accept bills
If you leave the BV door closed it will show denom of bill then return it
If the BV door is open you can stack or return the bill.

Also check your Limits
Any credits on the machine?
If the value of the credits is over the limit the machine will not accept any bills.

The BV has its own 12 pin connector on the motherboard due to the BV door switch wires.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:18:14 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 01:41:57 AM »

Bear in mind the validator will work if put in another machine. It was pulled from a production machine. I went to the test and it won't even let you enter it probably because it says in netplex configure bill acceptor not responding.  Checked all plugs on motherboard and seem intact. This one is definitely getting on my nerves.  hissy fit You can check crc but it is all zeros and ?????? where there should be numbers if I am not mistaken.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 01:47:41 AM »

Just for kicks...try a known good chip in the problem head
and see if it works.
If so, then you know it's a bad chip!
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 02:11:10 AM »

Nice idea but like I said I pulled it from a working machine next to it. This one doesnt even have a prom it ois flash.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 02:28:14 AM »

I feel obligated to help you out T. as I'm sure you were one of the proud recipients of last Friday's Spam mailing... Duh!
However, I don't know beans about bill acceptors as I've NEVER had a problem with mine...
Therefore,  I've never had the pleasure of trying to troubleshoot or fix one...
So, when mine breaks down someday - I'm certain that I'll be in the same boat as you.... arrow

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get it running right!  yes
I'll must leave this to the guys that know what they're talking about....  bawling
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 03:04:28 AM »

There's only a handful of things it CAN be. Head, transport, cash can, wiring, motherboard, or mpu. Sounds like you've tried everything but the motherboard and mpu
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 12:17:35 PM »

I suppose my next move is to replace the mother board.  Either that or replace the housing/connector????
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 12:35:41 PM »

Bear in mind the validator will work if put in another machine. It was pulled from a production machine. I went to the test and it won't even let you enter it probably because it says in netplex configure bill acceptor not responding.  Checked all plugs on motherboard and seem intact. This one is definitely getting on my nerves.  hissy fit You can check crc but it is all zeros and ?????? where there should be numbers if I am not mistaken.

This is a very good clue that there's something wrong with the communication from this cabinet's MPU to the bill head.
Since you've tried another known good bill acceptor in there
and the "problem" head works in a good cabinet -
the problem lies with 3 things now.
The MPU itself, the motherboard or the bill acceptor harness?
(I never liked the fragility of those S2000 22-26 gauge bill harness wires)
If you can get that harness out of there
and try it in a known working cabinet -
you'd pinpoint the problem right off the bat!

It's definitely an electrical logic signal problem and not a mechanical problem such as cash can or transport?
Start with easy stuff 1st...swap the MPU with a known good MPU and chips.
Try doing a full Clear procedure and Keychip Set-Up before trying a one dollar bill is where I'd begin.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 12:45:52 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »

Yeah I will start there. I already did a full clear and Key Chip. I will try another board.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 02:13:15 PM »

I guess I need to tell a little story, not to long ago I had a WBA that wasn't working so I moved it from #1 machine to #2, it still didn't work in #2 but #2 worked in #1, OK I then moved the non working #! from #2 machine, to #3 machine it worked, put #3 in #2 and it worked. Now I don't know why, I know I didn't change any MPUs, mother boards, or top box light bulbs. I kind of think the harness the BV plugs into was the dirty dog and a little electrical cleaner would have saved me some time.

One more story, last bunch of machines I got a WBA wouldn't work, it took me quite a while to find someone had CUT two of the wires in the small harness that goes from the BV chassis to the machines plugs. I'm sure the fellow that cut them thought it was funny . 

morspeed  You say the BV cycles when you turn the power on, the BV cycling means nothing and means everything.  A BV in a IGT machine will cycle when you turn the power on even if NO MPU is in the machine. You just have to learn the sounds the cycling makes and if the sounds aren't right you won't need a light to come on to know it's not going to except a bill. ( sometimes if the sounds are right it still won't except a bill ) I've never had to change a MPU or mother board to get a BV to work. 

morspeed
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 02:32:52 PM »

Nice to know buzz. It cycles like it should sound though. Just like everyone I have ever had. I will trace some wires and clean it.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 02:57:22 PM »

T.
Earlier you said "It was pulled from a production machine."
I don't understand what you meant by that - it confuses me.  Scratch Head 2

Buzz may be right about the connectors having dirty pins.
I wanted to add that but I was afraid of sounding like a broken record player.
I probably have about 250+ posts covering the "Oxidization of Male Pins/Female Receptor Pins" in the S+ threads.
Female receptor pins in just about any machine, over time -
will weaken their ability to grasp the male pin for a solid electrical signal contact.

I'm just not sure if that's entirely true for your more, later model of machine.
Humidity, heat, smoke, and time - are all equal playing partners in destroying our toys.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:02:38 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 03:37:47 PM »

NO NO NO wrong again Bunker, it's not the Humidity, heat, smoke, and time that's destroying our machines. It's that tinkerer that keeps opening the main door. Best investment for a home owned slot machine is a main door lock., let your Wife keep the key in her purse, if it's in her purse she will never be able to find it.

Quote from Bunker "Female receptor pins in just about any machine, over time -
will weaken their ability to grasp the male pin for a solid  contact."

Mark are you getting kind of kinky in your old age ??
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:48:42 PM by Buzz » Logged

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 12:45:17 AM »

Quote from Bunker "Female receptor pins in just about any machine, over time -
will weaken their ability to grasp the male pin for a solid  contact."

Mark are you getting kind of kinky in your old age ??

rotflmao I haven't quite yet reached that milestone... Cry Laughing
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 01:14:29 AM »

Well Guys,

Buzz had prompted me to check the wiring and harness. So I took out the BV housing and went to disconnect the connectors and noticed one just came right out without releasing it. Upon further inspection I noticed a bent pin on the four wire connector and even though the connector was plugged in it was bypassing that pin. Bent it back and Whamo it worked.  Thanks for your help and insight on this project. I thought I was missing software or a setting somewhere but what it just boils down to is check your your wiring and ALL your connectors. Lesson learned!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 01:52:48 AM »

There's only a handful of things it CAN be. Head, transport, cash can, wiring, motherboard, or mpu. Sounds like you've tried everything but the motherboard and mpu

Cowboy said "wiring" could be the culprit in Reply #10...I think he should get the kudos!  rotflmao
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 11:37:33 AM »

Yes he did but he was just mentioning components. I was about to replace the back plane board from his post. Then Buzz had mention he has never replaced a MPU or Back plane to get a bill validator to work and then gave his story about wiring being bad. Both had valuable input though.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »

I don't need any credit, the idea is just to help when you can. If you want to compare the ones I help to the ones I piss off, it will be about a even number. Each day is no fun unless I can do at least one of each.   Angel Devil Teeter

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.