Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:24:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Need some guidance on reel and game chips
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need some guidance on reel and game chips  (Read 4443 times)
syd
« on: May 05, 2012, 02:11:23 AM »

Hello Again,

I have finally gotten my machine working, thanks to the kind assistance from the members of this site.  Thanks so very much.  The issue I now need guidance on now has to do with the reel and game PROM's.

I have a Double Wild Cherry 3-coin.  The Reel Chip is 4133 and the Game chip is 0731 (or just 731?).  When I enter the self test for the paytable, it seems to have no correlation to the payouts referenced on the back glass.  Could it be I have the wrong chips in this game?  If so, any advice as to what the proper chip(s) where I could obtain the proper chip(s) for this game would be appreciated.

Thanks much,
Syd

* IMG_2445.JPG (1039.13 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 349 times.)

* IMG_2446.JPG (1104.92 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 329 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 02:42:28 AM »

Per the game bible, SS4133 isn't listed for a 3-coin Double Wild Cherry. See the following page:

http://newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%203CM/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Double%20Wild%20Cherry%20(3%20Coin%20Multiplie.htm

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 02:58:58 AM »

Hello Again,

I have finally gotten my machine working, thanks to the kind assistance from the members of this site.  Thanks so very much.  The issue I now need guidance on now has to do with the reel and game PROM's.

I have a Double Wild Cherry 3-coin.  The Reel Chip is 4133 and the Game chip is 0731 (or just 731?).  When I enter the self test for the paytable, it seems to have no correlation to the payouts referenced on the back glass.  Could it be I have the wrong chips in this game?  If so, any advice as to what the proper chip(s) where I could obtain the proper chip(s) for this game would be appreciated.

Thanks much,
Syd

According to our online Bible your chip should be right for that game, you can see it here:

http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%203CM/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Wild%20Cherry%20(3%20Coin%20Multiplier).htm

OOPS I Looked at Wild Cherry from your Reel Chip noted above, and Did not look at your glass or read the DOUBLE in your post! Silly Me! Kevin posted while I was typing mine, and he is correct in that he posted the bible listings for Double Wild Cherry. Your SSchip is for regular 3CM Wild Cherry! You need a different chip, and you may want to read below to make sure if your strips are correct too....

According to this your strips should all three be the same, can you post a picture of one of your reel strips, or list what the symbols are in order from top to bottom so that someone may check if they are the right strips for your game chip? (I looked and do not have that PAR sheet in my library so I can't post a list for you, but someone else may have it.

Another thing to check is the actual reel baskets themselves to see if they have a stamping on the side of them that say UR or ST as they are different for Slant Tops and Uprights.

Hopefully this will help a little and someone can fill in the blanks...

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 03:07:45 AM by CaptainHappy » Logged

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 04:52:13 AM »

You can use Wild Cherry strips in Double Wild Cherry
it will require repositioning the strips on the reels with an offset
The 7 that is below the Wild Cherry symbol is positioned so it is below the notch marks on the reels.
the blank just above that 7 will become physical stop number 1 which is normally the blank at the beginning of any strip.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
syd
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 01:02:01 PM »

Thanks to you all for your replies.  I have ordered the proper chip, and have no reason to believe it won't work the way it should.  The remaining question I have, from Foster's response above is --- After I replace the chip with the proper one, what is the most efficient way to determine whether I have the Wild Cherry Strips or the Double Wild Cherry Strips?

Thanks again to you all.  This forum has been awesome.
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 01:49:08 PM »

After I replace the chip with the proper one, what is the most efficient way to determine whether I have the Wild Cherry Strips or the Double Wild Cherry Strips?

1. Just play the game and see if it's paying out right
or
2. Make a note of the symbol order as noted above and post them here.
or
3. Get the strip numbers off of the bottom of the strips. (last resort, since you "might" damage the strips).
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 02:19:21 PM »

according to my information  Double wild cherry strips are all the same,  #848 114 00

the easiest way to check the paytable to the glass and to the chip is to do test #4  press the white test button,  press the bet max button until you see #4 in the coins played window.

you should see the chip number in the winner paid window and the sp # in the credits window. AND YOU SHOULD SEE THE SPIN BUTTON LIT. each time you press the spin button, it will start with the top payout , in your case the three Wild Cherry symbols,the award for one coin played and for max coins played should show up in the winner paid and credits windows, in your case 1000 for 1 coin and whatever amount the chip you have installed calls for, this amount  should  be on a decal and put in the blank window on the glass.  every time you press the spin button, another payline should come up and their values put in the displays, you can go all the way down to the last payout and verify each one.

remember for wild cherry games, the wild cherry symbol is wild on or within one position of the payline, in your case the wild cherry symbols doubles all winning combos' and two Wild cherries will pay four times the amount.

Hope this helps

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
syd
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 03:56:45 AM »

Thanks again for all your assistance.  The proper chip 4330 is working fine, and my strips are #848 114 00, which appear to payout correctly and require therefore no offset.

For once, a happy ending, and one very grateful novice here.

Clap +1 (Karma, or whatever) to all !

Syd

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.