Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:32:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors
| |-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  neeed s2000 coinless to coin instruction
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: neeed s2000 coinless to coin instruction  (Read 11333 times)
bigt707
« on: May 15, 2012, 03:41:24 AM »

I am new to slot machines and want to convert my s2000 to coin. I read the below post on the needed parts but I need a how to instruction. Is there a manual I can download or a user guide that I can refer to. Or maybe someone could take pity on me and break it down. Trust me when I say Im a noob (it took me 10 min to find the power switch) so a basic user guide would be cool.Thank you. Scratch Head
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 05:48:28 AM »

First Parts List:
All must be S2000 upright parts (S+ wont work)
a Key 31 Chip or the rest of the parts wont do you any good (they wont function)
Coin Entry and mount.
Coin Comparator and clips
Coin Comparator Mount should have optics and a solenoid on it
Coin in Optics if not already part of the coin comparator mount.
Coin Comparator Harness
Coin chute if not already installed on your door. its a triangler piece of metal that sticks out from the door as your lookint at the inside of the door.
Hopper, screws for hopper connector, and hopper plate (it mounts in the machine but hopper slides into it without tools once done)
Coin tray parts if you don't have a coin tray
Various screws to mount hopper plate, coin entry parts to door.
Try to get all the parts from one of our vendors so you get all the hardware needed.

One thing you will need to poke around in the wiring harness, not sure where IGT tied the hopper harness.
Look for a black plug about 2 inches or such in size hanging in the harness at the back of the machine.

Now for the installation.
play off or cash out any credits on the machine.
Turn the machine off and get tools, flashlight, and parts ready
Lift up then out on the coin tray or the flat plate at the bottom of the machine (if it has a speaker on it watch out that magnet will try to attach to the nearest metal object usually the BV chassis.

Start with the hopper since it is the easiest
Attach hopper plate to bottom of machine. the vertical section of the plate towards the rear of the machine.
Now look at the back of the hopper specifically the black plug note how it is indexed so you can place the one that is in the machine properly in the next step (if you get it upside down the hoppwer wont slide all the way back.
Using the 2 screws that are long and have a long shoulder on them (no threads and larger than threads) attach the machines hopper connector so it is on front side of the vertical portion of the hopper plate. note when get the screws tight the plug will still move around
Slide the hopper in carefully to be sure you installed the hopper plug with the right orientation.

Install coin handling on door.
Find a large white connector in door harness sorta near the spin reels button or coin entry area. It should have a plug in with 2 wires acting as jumpers.
Unplug the connector with the jumpers in it.
Plug in the Coin Comparator Harness you will connect the other 3 connectors as other parts are installed.
Try to place the harness so you can get to it as you install the rest of the parts.
first remove the coin entry blanking plate.
Install the coin entry and mounting plate
Install the Coin Comparator Mount (you may want to plug in the 2 wire connector from the coin comparator harness to the connector coming from the solenoid
This can be a bit tricky getting it to slip in place be patient and it will go in place it screws to the coin mounting plate.
You will need to install the coin chute (it guides coins into the hopper from the door after being accepted by the machine)
you might need to remove the inner door panel (3 screws)to install the chute if i remember right. an extra pair of hands might be helpful just have them hold it while you attach the chute, due to the wiring that is attached to it.
Reinstall the inner door panel, if removed
Place a sample coin in the coin comparator it goes in the front slot just behind the slide label (yes you slide it open to place the sample coin there are a set of black tabs that hold the coin where the slide is when has no coin, and it right edge of the coin slips into the slide not the hole behind there.
The comparator just snaps into the white or clear clips on the coin comparator mount.
Plug the other 2 connectors into the optics and the coin comparator.

End of hardware install except coin tray its at the end of configuration.
Machine Config next post
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:30:36 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 08:08:40 AM »

Before you try doing key menu config, open door and press the white button on the MPU I want you to get familiar with how the player buttons move you around in the menus
enter the [3 OPTIONS MENU] think of outlines or the like good one to play with is the sound volume.
Spin - steps down a level or option or resets an option to it previous value.
Max Bet - goes up a level or exits that level
Change, Cash Out, Bet One are the cursor keys and change an option

Configured the machine can be tricky and you have to be very careful removing and installing chips (Base Chip and the Key chip
a key chip is just that a special chip that unlocks the "KEY CONFIG MENU"
This is why I said you need the Key 31 chip
You need to set the coin denom and disable COINLESS mode.

Enable Key Config Menu - you cant change some things without a clear chip (you might want to get one when you get the key chip just in case - you will use it as a last resort always)
Still with power off
There a big metal box with a metal tray in it on the left wall of the machine there is a handle on it.
pull out on the handle that is the MPU
Locate the base chip use the size of key chip to help you locate it.
Look closely at the key chip and the base chip, you will see  a notch on one end of the chip, key chip must go in the same way.
Remove the base chip very carefully (use a chip puller if you have one) other wise use small screwdriver alternately at each end until the chip comes out work slowly and gently.
install key chip slowly but firmly (make sure you do not bend any pins and and align it properly.
Place the mpu in the machine.
Turn Power On (Do Not Close the Door at all)
Watch for 2 Amber/Yellow LED's then Power off the machine
Remove MPU
Remove Key Chip carefully and put it back in what it came out of black foam or tube
Install Base Chip carefully
Install MPU
Power On keep door open until we get done in key menu
The machine if you did things right will show [7 KEY CONFIG MENU]

Now this is why I wanted you play around n the menus
Also I am guessing you have a printer if you do you might want to decide if it should stay enabled)

Change the machine from Coinless to Coin
Press the Spin button - display should be "7.1 Key Config" - machine likes to capitalize almost everything.
Press the Cash Out button once (it might he the Bet One - but you will get the idea)
Display changes to "7.2 Key Config 2 (2 could be II as well doing this from memory)
Press Spin
now it should change to 7.2.1 validation
press the cash out until you see 7.2.n Coinless
Press Spin
Coinless : Enabled should be showing on the machine.
press which ever button is lit up (Change or Cash out it should change to Coinless : Disabled
IF you decide to disable the printer it should be in the 7.2.n menus (could under 7.2.1 I) do the same to disable it.
Press the Max bet a few times (one press at time watching what menu shows) Stop when 7.2 Key Config 2 is displayed

Set the Coin denomination:
From the 7.2 Key Config 2 press the Change Button
7.1 Key Config should be displayed
Press Spin
7.1.1 Denomination is displayed.
Press Spin
7.1.1.1 Accounting Denomination is displayed
Press Spin - this is one item that can not be changed without using a clear chip first - if it is $0.01 no need to worry about it - if it is not $0.01 post back about it here.
Press Max Bet
Using the Change or Cash out navigate to the Coin Denomination and enter it with Spin use the change and cash out to pick your desired denomination and exit with the max bet just up one menu
Navigate to Player denom and set it to match your coin denomination that you chose in the previous step
Before you exit the Key menu completely double check the denom setting and coinless mode is disabled.
if all are set press max bet until the machine exits all menus

Coin Tray I left this to last because I wanted you to leave it off the machine until you got done doing the key menu stuff.
You cant remove the mpu with the tray on the machine.
either install your coin tray or disassemble the plate with the speaker on it and re-assemble into a complete coin tray.

Now you may want to enter the 3 options menu and set your machine limits and split pay options if you left the printer enabled.

I did a lot of this from memory and knowledge of the menus it may not be perfect but if you play around in the menus
Just remember unless you exited an menu and re-entered it, the the spin button will return that setting to its previous value that it had when you got to that option.

Enjoy your coin enabled machine.
I will try to snap some pictures later on and post some if you think it will help.

The hardest part is getting the coin comparator mounted if you have not seen the inside a S2000 with coin handling.

These 2 posts may be edited at anytime to clarify anything that is not clear
Please send me a Private message and I will make adjustments to them as needed.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:44:03 AM by Foster » Logged

bigt707
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 01:37:47 PM »

WOW! Thank you for the very detailed and quick response. You have cleared up alot of things I have been having questions about. I will order the parts and let you know how it turns out.My machine has a .25 hopper , coin chutes in the door , and a printer. I located what looks like a like a complete comparator and coinhead assembly all put together. It sounds like that, along with the 31 chip ,and a coin tray will be all I need. One more question my machine is multi denominational .25,.50,.1.00,and 2.00. Will that make a difference? Once again thank you for your response I appreciate you time and knowledge you have shared with me.
stormrider
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 131

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 02:33:00 PM »

Nice posts Foster  yes

K   +1 (Karma, or whatever)

Tim
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 06:01:13 PM »

Multi-denom will not matter it will accept coins and increase the credit value shown on the VFD
The only thing is when you are on a higher denom above the $0.25 denom ait will take many quarters to show the credits on the credits display. also no coins will go to game play until you bet one or max bet. all go to credits first.

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 06:58:03 PM »

WOW! Thank you for the very detailed and quick response. You have cleared up alot of things I have been having questions about. I will order the parts and let you know how it turns out.My machine has a .25 hopper , coin chutes in the door , and a printer. I located what looks like a like a complete comparator and coinhead assembly all put together. It sounds like that, along with the 31 chip ,and a coin tray will be all I need. One more question my machine is multi denominational .25,.50,.1.00,and 2.00. Will that make a difference? Once again thank you for your response I appreciate you time and knowledge you have shared with me.

Hope you realize just any ol comparator will not work.  You need a CC 16 13 V, also a coin head from a slant top will not work on a upright machine.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 01:31:13 AM »

I believe the statement: "All must be S2000 upright parts" covers it

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:11:49 AM by Foster » Logged

CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 01:41:02 AM »

Really Foster??!??!?? That's ALL you could come up with from memory/off the top of your head??!??!  Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

Sounds like a good beginning to the makings of an S2000 bible to me...

Good job. Well done....Thank you, not just from me, but from all the many future members who will benefit from this!

coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 02:01:12 AM »

+1 (Karma, or whatever) Foster

Sounds like you were quoting a novel in the making applause applause applause Great job!!
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 05:02:42 AM »

Thanks guys

I was one of the early adopters of the S2000/vision platform on here and had a few issues with my machine.

My other novel could be the updates and upgrades to it.
I hated the vision wire harnesses and top box design
Also ask that this becomes a sticky topic.

bigt707
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 02:43:31 AM »

+1 (Karma, or whatever) Thank you for all of the advice. It was all very clear and accurate. I had no problems following the instruction,and everything is working the way I want it to. You guys are good. Hail
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 02:51:34 AM »

Thanks Foster!
Now I have another question that may already be answered here...but I'm not sure. I think it belongs in this thread though.
I am also converting my TITO machine to accept coins. Everything is installed. I think I can do your procedure above. I have the chips...thanks CV slots!
BUT...I want to do a split pay on this. I also saw (and printed) your post on just that. What I'm not sure of, is - is there a way to incorporate that information with all the above settings? I was just going to follow those instructions, then the others but I have never done this!  Help
I want my machine to pay out to around 200 - 250 (I have to count them) from the hopper but if more, then go into a Ticket Out pay...BUT...if it's a BIGGY payout such as 1000 or 2400, I'd like it to go to hand pay mode.
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 02:58:33 AM »

Wouldn't it just be a matter of setting your handpay limit? For instance, split pay setting to $100 from hopper, $900 from ticket, then anything over $1000 as a handpay?  Scratch Head

Roslyn

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 03:02:36 AM »

That makes too much sense. I guess I can just dive in and try the above procedure by Foster, then adjust my pay settings at that point. Maybe I was making this too complicated?  rotflmao
Thank you!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.